Bobcats new colors?

frosty06306

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one who looked at it, groaned, then realized the only reason I groaned was because they're the Bobcats, then looked at the uniform and actually liked them? Cats looks good. The colors are nice. I really like the Charlotte lettering colors. But thats just me

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

They look like the Thunder and Mavericks uniforms had baby. Even the side stripes are similar to what is on Orlando's uniforms.

There's nothing unique about these.

Oh, and "Cats", are you kidding me?

PvO6ZWJ.png

Am I the only one who looked at it, groaned, then realized the only reason I groaned was because they're the Bobcats, then looked at the uniform and actually liked them? Cats looks good. The colors are nice. I really like the Charlotte lettering colors. But thats just me

I'd like them if they were only team doing this, but these hit the mark for every played NBA design trend.

- double blue

- abbreviated wordmark

- overdesigned number font

- using colors and uniform styles already used by other teams

PvO6ZWJ.png

You'd think that Michael Jordan would want to emulate the elegant simplicity of his North Carolina and Chicago uniforms. From the uniforms, to the court design, to the in-game presentation, I just can't imagine how a guy who starred for the Chicago Motherfgging Bulls could think that this how a big-time basketball team should present itself.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You'd think that Michael Jordan would want to emulate the elegant simplicity of his North Carolina and Chicago uniforms. From the uniforms, to the court design, to the in-game presentation, I just can't imagine how a guy who starred for the Chicago Motherfgging Bulls could think that this how a big-time basketball team should present itself.

I think we've seen enough to determine Jordan's kind of not good at team management. It happens.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Modern uniforms can be just as classy - just look at the Sonics' last uniform set or the Hornets' current set, for example. These, however, are derivative, boring crap.

The Bobcats had it right with their inaugural uniforms. The last uniform set was decent but unnecessary. These are just horrible and the color scheme is worse. Really sad to see the ruination of what was a solid identity.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

It's been said before, but I'll re-iterate:"cats"? Really? And those side-panels...yuck...

These are near Tampa Bay Lightning territory.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Oh lord... please let me wake up and find out this isn't real... .

HUGE downgrade. Why add unnecessary colors? Why downplay the orange? Why not keep the distinctive pinstripes? Why go with "CATS" and the off-center numbers?

I was never a fan of the movement before, but now I really want the HORNETS name back....

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I must be in the minority here cause I actually think this is a big upgrade over the previous set

Yeah. That post definitely belongs in the Unpopular Opinions thread.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

The first year of the pinstripes (when the collar was much better) was the best the ever looked. All they had to do was make an orange jersey. That was it. I haven't really done a ranking for NBA uniforms recently, but I know they'd been in the top somewhere. These new ones? Pure crap. No other way to say it. Just pure crap. Nothing good about them at all. Not one thing.

Archived