MLS by mcrosby and capitalcanuck

mcrosby

Picture31.png

I'm not a fan of the logo. It's just sort of, "Blah" and doesn't really do anything for me. I wish I could offer constructive criticism, but the phoenix just sort of gets lost and the flames you have remind me too much of the Olympics. Honestly, I think sticking with Terminus FC or Terminus SC would be a much better route. Right now you have two motifs going - the aspect of Atlanta's origins (started off as Terminus, because it was the Terminus for two railroads) and then the whole phoenix, city rising from the ashes after being burnt to the ground during the Civil War. I think you should stick with one or the other. The stars in the flames are then bringing Olympics into it, I'm assuming, not sure why else they would be there. Just seems it has too many themes going on.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And here are all 40. The original 20 will compromise the Cup Division in year one of the tier system.

Picture21-2.png

"Bayern Milwaukee SV" seems a little much. For one, Bayern, which the clubs' identity is clearly based on is an FC where SV is more associated with Bayern's rival, 1860 Munich SV. Perhaps you could just call the club Milwaukee SV, while keeping the Baravian flag motif.

First of all, really good work and awesome visualization. The Terminus FC idea is a cool one but I don't think I would include the Olympic flames. The flame idea is good though because the Phoenix is a key symbol of Atlanta (post-Civil War, rising from the burning of ATL). I think we would stick with the Red/Black/Silver color scheme so I'm wondering if you've ever rendered the logo you've put together to reflect that.

Secondly, have you put together any kit ideas for Atlanta? Some Adidas template Terminus kits would be pretty cool and probably make the most sense since Adidas just renewed their contract with MLS for another 10 years less than a couple years ago I believe. Thanks and keep up the good work.

The TFC jerseys look excellent though I'm still not a fan of the crest. I think the current one is perfect, no point changing it just for the sake of change.

The flag inside the collar is class and the black away is something I've been wanting the club to do since they started.

I love the idea of a throwback to the Metro-Crotias, but I think a Blizzard throwback might be more appropriate. The Toronto Croatias [who briefly merged with the Metros] are still around in the Canadian Soccer League: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toronto_Croatia

I love this TFC set.

I've always thought that Air Canada would be a natural to be their jersey sponsor. I also like the 2 tone red a lot, for a team called "the reds" it works out nicely.

The Metros throwback is wicked too! It keeps the grey that TFC seems to want to keep as part of their colour scheme and is a nice nod to the history of Toronto club soccer's former champs.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 4 weeks later...

WE ARE BACK

thanks to the Bob Costas Tape Delay Primetime Extravaganza and FCS fantasy its been a long time coming but here is RSL and DCU

Real Salt Lake

Home

RSLALT.png

Away

RSLHome.png

Alt

RSLaway.png

DC United

Home

dcuHome.png

Away

dcuchange.png

Alt

dcuALT.png

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

The RSL home kit is a thing of beauty, really nice job on the whole set for them. For DCU, also a nice overall job. The two things I would do are remove the striping on the socks on the road kit, and promote the alternate kit to the primary kit, because that one is flat-out awesome. Nice job on these.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

LOVE what you did with RSL! The set looks gorgeous. Really love the Olympics nod with the subliminated mountain, too. Really great work.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm not a fan of the Metro Croatia kit for Toronto FC. This is the team of all Torontonians and shouldn't only be associated with Canadian-Croatians.

Other than that, I absolutely love this entire series. I wish the MLS could implement all your changes because there is not one single logo that doesn't look better after your edits. You have perfectly pin-pointed all the little details that make the logos and team identities much stronger. Easily one of the best concepts I have ever seen on this forum.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

This is one of the most well done things ever done of this board.

I don't think relegation will ever work in North America though. But I do wish the MLS would switch to Nike. I hate that every team has the Adidas triple stripe on their jersey.

Love the white RSL kit, it's something different for team that always just wears a "colour the numbers" version of the most current template.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Second of all, ask and ye shall receive.

Picture56.png

Picture21-2.png

Could I ask to see a bigger version the reworked Dynamo & DCU logos?

Of the currently existing MLS brands, their modifications appear to be the most interesting of this set. It looks as though the inspiration for their logo modifications came from previous league logos (MLS Cup 07 & All Star 2010). Great touch incorporating them in.

NYCdog.png

Second of all, ask and ye shall receive.

Picture56.png

Picture21-2.png

Could I ask to see a bigger version the reworked Dynamo & DCU logos?

Of the currently existing MLS brands, their modifications appear to be the most interesting of this set. It looks as though the inspiration for their logo modifications came from previous league logos (MLS Cup 07 & All Star 2010). Great touch incorporating them in.

you are correct they are based off of both those logos

Racing2.png

CapitalCanuck.png

Five-lights.blogspot.com - my Motorsports Blog

Archived