NHL: 2017

tigerslionspistonshabs

5 years into the future. Uniform concepts and storylines.

Before the 2013-14 season, the NHL rules that teams will once again wear white at home and dark on the road.

The realignment plan is adjusted because of the Phoenix Coyotes' relocation to Quebec City. As of the 2013-14 season, the divisions look like this:

EASTERN CONFERENCE

NORTH EAST DIVISION

MONTREAL

OTTAWA

TORONTO

QUEBEC (relocated from Phoenix)

BOSTON

PITTSBURGH

WASHINGTON

BUFFALO

ATLANTIC DIVISION

NY RANGERS

NY ISLANDERS

PHILADELPHIA

NEW JERSEY

FLORIDA

CAROLINA

TAMPA BAY

WESTERN CONFERENCE

CENTRAL DIVISION

DETROIT

CHICAGO

ST.LOUIS

COLUMBUS

NASHVILLE

MINNESOTA

WINNIPEG

PACIFIC DIVISION

LOS ANGELES

ANAHEIM

SAN JOSE

TEXAS

COLORADO

VANCOUVER

EDMONTON

CALGARY

Playoff format remains the same. Division winners are #1 and #2 seeds, top 8 teams per conference qualify.

First up...

Los Angeles Kings

2011-12: 95 pts, 8th in west. Won Stanley Cup (beat New Jersey in 6 games)

2012-13: 109 pts, 1st in west. Lost in Stanley Cup finals to Pittsburgh in 6 games.

2013-14: 99 pts, 4th in west. Lost in first round to Minnesota in 6 games.

2014-15: 101 pts, 3rd in west. Lost in second round to Minnesota in 7 games.

2015-16: 97 pts, 5th in west. Lost in conference finals to Edmonton in 6 games.

2016-17: 118 pts, 1st in west. Lost in second round to Colorado in 7 games.

Individual team awards:

2011-12: Jon Quick- Conn Smythe Trophy

2011-12: Stanley Cup Champions

2012-13: Drew Doughty- Norris Trophy

2012-13: President's Trophy

2013-14: Drew Doughty- Norris Trophy

2014-15: Jon Quick- Vezina Trophy

2015-16: Drew Doughty- Norris Trophy

2016-17: President's Trophy

Captain: Drew Doughty

Alternate Captain: Anze Kopitar

Alternate Captain: Mike Richards

After winning the franchise's first Stanley Cup in 2011-12, the Kings would continue to dominate the standings, making the playoffs for the next 5 seasons and finishing first overall on two occasions.

Following the 2013-14 season, the Kings alter their uniforms but stick with black, white and silver as their colors. They return the crown to the front of the jersey and add shoulder yokes to both the home and away. In 2015-16, the infamous 'Burger King' is also brought back on an alternate uniform paying homage to the team's purple and gold days.

la.png

I tweaked the crown, both simplifying it and making it 2-dimensional. I wasn't a fan of the 'open' bottom.

sig.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd scrap your alternate altogether, and create a nod to the purple and gold days of the franchise.

+1

Besides the BK logo, the design is just lazy. really won't miss out on alot by deleting it.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

• 4 weeks later...

Anaheim Ducks

2011-12: 80 pts, 13th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2012-13: 98 pts, 6th in west. Lost in second round to Los Angeles in 7 games.

2013-14: 83 pts, 11th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2014-15: 81 pts, 12th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2015-16: 90 pts, 8th in west. Lost in first round to Edmonton in 5 games.

2016-17: 92 pts, 8th in west. Lost in first round to Los Angeles in 6 games.

Captain: Corey Perry

Alternate Captain: Cam Fowler

Alternate Captain: Ryan Getzlaf

In the 2012-13 season, the Ducks enter the all-star break sitting 12th in the Western Conference but finish the season at 6th place after going on a tear, including a 9-game winning streak entering the playoffs. The Ducks meet cross-town rivals and reigning Stanley Cup champion Los Angeles Kings in the second round. The series goes to the Kings in 7 games, with Teemu Selanne collecting 12 points in the series.

Following the season, both Selanne and Saku Koivu retire. Selanne's number 8 is promptly retired during a game against the Winnipeg Jets the following December.

The next two seasons would serve as a retooling period, with younger players emerging as leaders. The team would again reach the playoffs as an 8th seed in both 2015-16 and 2016-17 seasons, but would lose in the first round both times.

With many up-and-coming players and one of the deepest prospect pools in the league, the Ducks look to be on the rise.

Following the 2013-14 season, the Ducks alter the colors of their uniforms, switching the black to a hunter green. The old 'Duck mask' logo is also brought back, due to popular demand. An orange alternate is introduced prior to the 2015-16 season.

anaheim.png

sig.png

San Jose Sharks

2011-12: 96 pts, 7th in west. Lost in first round to St. Louis.

2012-13: 88 pts, 10th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2013-14: 86 pts: 10th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2014-15: 81 pts, 11th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2015-16: 78 pts, 15th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2016-17: 79 pts, 13th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

Captain: Ryan Clowe

Alternate Captain: Joe Pavelski

Alternate Captain: Logan Couture

In the 2012-13 season, the Sharks miss the playoffs for the first time in a decade. Realizing that the team's championship window seems to have closed and unable to pull off a trade for coveted forward Rick Nash, GM Doug Wilson blows up the team and focuses on the younger core, sending longtime Shark Patrick Marleau to the Montreal Canadiens and captain Joe Thornton to the Toronto Maple Leafs.

The same offseason, the Sharks alter their uniforms, eliminating the 'burnt orange' from the color scheme. The new uniforms are a modernization of the team's original jerseys and are a huge hit with fans, but unfortunately, the on-ice product would not improve. The team would go on to miss the playoffs the next four seasons.

Following the 2014-15 season, a black alternate uniform is introduced.

sanjose.png

sig.png

Kings: The home and away look pretty good, I like that you returned to jut the crown logo as opposed to the "pencil-tip" or "pencil-point" logo (whatever the devil it is the kids are calling it these days :P) But the alternate is a miss, sorry. It's a good idea but I just don't think putting the King's crown on the ol' Burger King dude is gonna cut it.

Ducks: I really really like the color scheme that you've chosen and I think it looks pretty good with the old duck mask logo. The alternate however is kinda off. I just think it looks weird with there being black on the 'D' logo but nowhere else on the uniform. Maybe if you included black in the stripes it would help

Sharks: I really like what you've done with the Sharks, I love that black alternate. I would, however, remove the triangle that's behind it. I think the shark makes for a strong enough logo by itself.

Pretty good series so far, the concepts could use a tad bit of cleaning up if anything but a really solid start.

To rank these so far I'd have to say:

#1: Sharks

#2: Ducks

#3: Kings

That being said, you are improving with each concept. I look forward to seeing more!

Oh and I know that your question about the Kings alt has already been answered but I have some input. I wouldn't scrap the alt altogether. I would just get rid of the BK logo. I LOVE the King's old purple and yellow jerseys, I think that an only alt like that would be fantastic. Maybe just recolor the crown to match the jersey or just take it a full step and use the one of the purple and gold crowns that they used from the 60s to the 80s.

Minnesota Wild

2011-12: 81 pts, 12th in west. Did not qualify for playoffs.

2012-13: 96 pts, 5th in west. Lost in first round to Chicago in 6 games.

2013-14: 98 pts, 5th in west. Lost in second round to St. Louis in 6 games

2014-15: 100 pts, 2nd in west. Lost in Stanley Cup finals to Pittsburgh in 6 games.

2015-16: 104 pts, 2nd in west. Lost in first round to Winnipeg in 7 games.

2016-17: 100 pts, 2nd in west. Lost in second round to Edmonton in 4 games.

Captain: Zach Parise

Alternate Captain: Mikko Koivu

Alternate Captain: Ryan Suter

Alternate Captain: Cal Clutterbuck

Having the best offseason of any team in league the year before, the Wild finish the season at fifth place in the Western Conference, but would fall to Chicago in the first round.

In the 2012-13 offseason, the Wild finally standardize their home and away uniforms. They also promote Zach Parise to captain.

The Wild would reach the postseason again as the fifth seed in 2013-14, knocking off Stanley Cup favorite Los Angeles Kings in 6 games in the first round. The Wild would fall to St. Louis in the second round.

The next season, Minnesota would reach the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history, but would ultimately fall to Pittsburgh in the finals.

The Wild introduce an alternate uniform after the 2014-15 season, based on the template of the Minnesota North Stars.

minn.jpg

sig.png

I'm not feeling the striping pattern on the wild jerseys. I like almost everything on the alternate except the yoke and the wordmark. Maybe put the primary logo on the alternate and promote it to home jersey, and make a light version of it.

Archived