The Cleveland Browns Project

rtrich11

10493821-large.jpg

This is the inspiration for the concepts I'm going to post over the next couple days. In the NFL most (but not all) team logos are what's on their helmet. The Browns helmet isn't exactly blank, it has stripes, so I wanted to incorporate that into the design. No elves, no dogs, just keeping it simple with some basic shapes and some stripes.

I'll be posting several approaches over the next few days to see if anything flies. Tell me what you think.

Here is the first approach, using the letter C.

BrownsRichardsWeb1.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1C all the way

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I gotta say... that isn't bad. I still would never support a helmet logo for the Browns (unless it is an absolute homerun, Mona Lisa sorta thing), but that is a pretty nice concept.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Thanks for all your input for the first item. Now on to the next. I wanted to try something more regal as a concept, so I worked with decorative branches seen in many crests or coat of arms. These may not punch you in the face, like a letter, but it's a different approach. I will admit that the laurels need a little tweaking, but that would be in the future.

There are more ideas coming, but take a peek at Set 2 and let me know what you think.

(And just to be clear, these aren't logos for the helmet, they are logos based on the helmet.)

BrownsRichardsWeb2.jpg

2A

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

While I really liked what you did with a "C"-based logo, I'm not liking these all that much. Don't get me wrong, they're very nice designs; but I just fail to see how the branches have anything to do with the Browns.

gYH2mW9.png

Make it a solid border and not shaded and 1c Is my vote, but the other logos I do like as well.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived