Fighting Squirrels

CAB

Hello there. There's recently been an increasingly large number of squirrels in backyard, and that got me thinking how there's not really too many great squirrel-related sports teams out there. Well, why not! I decided to do a logo for a fantasy team called the Fighting Squirrels. It could be any sport really, but I just chose to include a football helmet here. I may or may not do uniforms if I feel like it, but for now I just wanted to post these and see what people thought of them. It's been a while since I posted anything on here, so maybe later on I'll post some more fantasy teams in this thread.

primary1.gif

And some random color options.

colors.png

squirrelshelmet.png?t=1339448985

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Purple-Squirrel-in-Pennsylvania-1.jpg

A few months back, there was a news story about a Pennsylvania couple that live-caught a purple squirrel. Theories abound on how it came to be purple (everything from bromide poisoning as a result of fracking fluid contamination in the groundwater to a prank involving hair dye), but nonetheless, I thought you might like this color idea.

It would only work right on one side of the helmet, but how about isolating the tail as a secondary logo since it clearly (hopefully intentionally) resembles an "S" and trying to use that?

Or on a similar note isolate the head instead of using the entire body on the helmet. Similar to the Jaguars and Panthers who also had full-body logos but use the head for their helmet logo.

bufg.png

A few months back, there was a news story about a Pennsylvania couple that live-caught a purple squirrel. Theories abound on how it came to be purple (everything from bromide poisoning as a result of fracking fluid contamination in the groundwater to a prank involving hair dye), but nonetheless, I thought you might like this color idea.

Interesting story! Although I will most likely stick with the brown and orange color scheme, I just posted the others for fun.

It would only work right on one side of the helmet, but how about isolating the tail as a secondary logo since it clearly (hopefully intentionally) resembles an "S" and trying to use that?

Or on a similar note isolate the head instead of using the entire body on the helmet. Similar to the Jaguars and Panthers who also had full-body logos but use the head for their helmet logo.

The S-tail was not intentional, but rather something I came up with after the fact because, yes, it does resemble an "S". I'm not sure how well the head alone would work, since it doesn't really have any distinguishable features.

Central Cass High School in Casselton, N.D., is called the Squirrels. They've got a nice-looking logo. Here, check it out:

Central Cass

Hmm, I may have to look in to that. If I can work this into a red and white color scheme, perhaps I'll contact them! (though I'm having trouble finding an e-mail or anything on their site)

Thanks for the C&C! Anybody else?

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Well, I decided to make some basketball uniforms to go with this. Along with an updated logo.

uniforms.png

basketball.png

I love the little tail in the Jersey very clever. Curious, on the chest, is that supposed to be a perfect circle? I love the little guy though, one of the best Squirrels I've seen and you executed very well.

Wonderful work CAB. Logo is very well rendered, and I love the position the squirrel is in. Great sense of movement.

The script is great as well. Lettering is very well done, and the tail-S is very nice.

P.S: Personal logo looks great. I think I may know where the inspiration came from cool.gif

I really like these. Id love to see an orange alt!

Ask and ye shall receive.

7383709568_ab39b5aaa7_b.jpg

I love the little tail in the Jersey very clever. Curious, on the chest, is that supposed to be a perfect circle? I love the little guy though, one of the best Squirrels I've seen and you executed very well.

When I originally sketched it out, that part of the logo was very close to being in the shape of a perfect circle, so yeah I just made it like that. Glad you like it!

Thhis whole series is great. Very original and creative. I love that template that you are using too. Could you send me it?

That is actually a simplified version I made from template somebody posted on here once. I forgot who, and I'm not really having any luck searching for the topic. But if anybody remembers who originally created it, or where the topic is, do tell.

Wonderful work CAB. Logo is very well rendered, and I love the position the squirrel is in. Great sense of movement.

The script is great as well. Lettering is very well done, and the tail-S is very nice.

P.S: Personal logo looks great. I think I may know where the inspiration came from cool.gif

Thanks! And I will admit that you're logo was one of the main inspiration there. Great minds think alike. ^_^

Well, I decided to make some basketball uniforms to go with this. Along with an updated logo.

uniforms.png

basketball.png

Is this an original template? If it is I'd love to use it on my NBA project!

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

What, you can't flip the logo on the other side?

Lots of teams flip the logo from side to side so the logo is pointing towards the front of the helmet.

In the CFL the Stampeders do that--the horse faces the front of the helmet.

Even the Winnipeg Blue Bombers reverse the lightning/ball part of their logo, with the W staying the same--looks cool.

The Montreal Alouettes & Hamilton Tiger Cats do too.

Even with using the head the Jaguars & Panthers still reverse the logo so it faces the front.

Am I missing something in your post?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Like I said earlier it is not my own original template, I just modified some things on an already existing one. I still for the life of me can't remember who made it?

EDIT: After some searching, it is Shumway's template. However, the link no longer works in the original thread. Perhaps you could contact Shumway to see if he would be willing to e-mail it to you or post it on here again.

Like I said earlier it is not my own original template, I just modified some things on an already existing one. I still for the life of me can't remember who made it?

EDIT: After some searching, it is Shumway's template. However, the link no longer works in the original thread. Perhaps you could contact Shumway to see if he would be willing to e-mail it to you or post it on here again.

Thanks, I'll be sure to contact him.

Champs-3.pngAppreciatethegame.png

"My name is Ignatius Peabody Nobel from East Westerton, Missouri.and this is my friend, um, Ted"

Archived