Discrimihater

Discrim's Australian Football Concepts

Western Michigan...the bronco carries the state on its back doe :P

westernmichiganfooty17.png

(ignore the vintage label, it's about as vintage as Miller Park)

I couldn't remember whether I'd ever posted these or not...which means clearly, the answer is no.  First, a bit of a trip back to the 90s with St. John's, though admittedly the only truly 90s part is the use of the old logos (not a huge fan of St. John's' current logos).  It's a bit tough to see, but the number plate on the vintage jumper was given stitching.

stjohnsfooty90s18.png

And I've been sitting on this one for a while...Miami of Ohio, where repeating elements were what I was going for.  And a gratuitous blackout.

miamiohfooty.png

Back to doing what I do best...this one's been in the works, off and on, for a few years

winthropfooty18.png

...and this one was put together shortly after I read about the new logo...and I just now realized I forgot a rather important detail.

jacksonvilleufooty18.png

Awesome!

Have you made a set for the U of M? Or can I make it an official request?

I'm just trying to get into Aussie rules, and I love how these guernseys are almost any design, and they all look great! 

Assuming you mean the Gophers, I have once...but it was several years ago.  So request heard.

1 minute ago, Discrimihater said:

Assuming you mean the Gophers, I have once...but it was several years ago.  So request heard.

Yeah the Gophers! I guess I don't know what else the U of M would mean. My bad lol

Yeah, you could've meant the bastards in blue:P or those dudes from South Beach...or Maryland.

I'm glad you're still posting concepts on this topic! Would love if you'd make a guernsey for the Colorado State Rams.

It took me a little while to figure out what the hell I wanted to do with CSU, but I think I came up with something.  Not exactly sure what, but still.

coloradostatefooty18.png

I'd actually had something else entirely in mind, but Goldy's tail gave me the idea for what I did here, such as including a darker maroon as an accent color.  90's Day also beckoned, given that I figure Gophers football will never throw back to the M&M uniforms.

minngophersfooty18.png

Finally, something I'd slept on for a few years, then returned to: Wyoming...I'd initially had the vintage jumper as the first choice....but then I came up with the cream beaut that eventually got the designation of honor.  Normally, I would've gone with either something gold or something brown as the first choice...but it's like Jimmy GQ...just look at it, man.

wyomingfooty18.png

On 9/14/2018 at 9:52 PM, Discrimihater said:

It took me a little while to figure out what the hell I wanted to do with CSU, but I think I came up with something.  Not exactly sure what, but still.

coloradostatefooty18.png

I'd actually had something else entirely in mind, but Goldy's tail gave me the idea for what I did here, such as including a darker maroon as an accent color.  90's Day also beckoned, given that I figure Gophers football will never throw back to the M&M uniforms.

minngophersfooty18.png

Finally, something I'd slept on for a few years, then returned to: Wyoming...I'd initially had the vintage jumper as the first choice....but then I came up with the cream beaut that eventually got the designation of honor.  Normally, I would've gone with either something gold or something brown as the first choice...but it's like Jimmy GQ...just look at it, man.

wyomingfooty18.png

As a power supporter I appreciate the chevrons on CSU's home. Thanks!

I went out and watched some local Aussie Rules, figures out the rules, and joined the club for their next season.

did a quick search for these concepts because I liked so much about this thread not knowing anything about the sport. Now that I do, I can fully say there’s some really really neat designs I wish were real! 

Love the Wyoming and Winthrop ones I hadn’t seen until now. Good job Discrim

Apparently the Bucks have made my "Mecca uni" dream a reality.?

In any event, a few new things..first, McNeese State.  First choice uses a Melbourne-style vee yoke, but with a bit of a curve to mimic a bandana.  

mcneesestatefooty18.png

William & Mary...figured I'd play it safe-ish for the home and clash.  The third, though....I shamelessly dipped into a well that'd served me well twice in hockey.  I give you a footy version of Arsenal's bruised banana, with the V's becoming W's and M's.

williammaryfooty18.png

14 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Apparently the Bucks have made my "Mecca uni" dream a reality.?

In any event, a few new things..first, McNeese State.  First choice uses a Melbourne-style vee yoke, but with a bit of a curve to mimic a bandana.  

mcneesestatefooty18.png

Nice job on my alma mater.