Discrim's Australian Football Concepts

Discrim

• 7 months later...

I couldn't remember whether I'd ever posted these or not...which means clearly, the answer is no.  First, a bit of a trip back to the 90s with St. John's, though admittedly the only truly 90s part is the use of the old logos (not a huge fan of St. John's' current logos).  It's a bit tough to see, but the number plate on the vintage jumper was given stitching.

stjohnsfooty90s18.png

And I've been sitting on this one for a while...Miami of Ohio, where repeating elements were what I was going for.  And a gratuitous blackout.

miamiohfooty.png

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 2 months later...

Back to doing what I do best...this one's been in the works, off and on, for a few years

winthropfooty18.png

...and this one was put together shortly after I read about the new logo...and I just now realized I forgot a rather important detail.

jacksonvilleufooty18.png

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

Have you made a set for the U of M? Or can I make it an official request?

I'm just trying to get into Aussie rules, and I love how these guernseys are almost any design, and they all look great! 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

1 minute ago, Discrimihater said:

Assuming you mean the Gophers, I have once...but it was several years ago.  So request heard.

Yeah the Gophers! I guess I don't know what else the U of M would mean. My bad lol

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

It took me a little while to figure out what the hell I wanted to do with CSU, but I think I came up with something.  Not exactly sure what, but still.

coloradostatefooty18.png

I'd actually had something else entirely in mind, but Goldy's tail gave me the idea for what I did here, such as including a darker maroon as an accent color.  90's Day also beckoned, given that I figure Gophers football will never throw back to the M&M uniforms.

minngophersfooty18.png

Finally, something I'd slept on for a few years, then returned to: Wyoming...I'd initially had the vintage jumper as the first choice....but then I came up with the cream beaut that eventually got the designation of honor.  Normally, I would've gone with either something gold or something brown as the first choice...but it's like Jimmy GQ...just look at it, man.

wyomingfooty18.png

• Like 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

On 9/14/2018 at 9:52 PM, Discrimihater said:

It took me a little while to figure out what the hell I wanted to do with CSU, but I think I came up with something.  Not exactly sure what, but still.

coloradostatefooty18.png

I'd actually had something else entirely in mind, but Goldy's tail gave me the idea for what I did here, such as including a darker maroon as an accent color.  90's Day also beckoned, given that I figure Gophers football will never throw back to the M&M uniforms.

minngophersfooty18.png

Finally, something I'd slept on for a few years, then returned to: Wyoming...I'd initially had the vintage jumper as the first choice....but then I came up with the cream beaut that eventually got the designation of honor.  Normally, I would've gone with either something gold or something brown as the first choice...but it's like Jimmy GQ...just look at it, man.

wyomingfooty18.png

As a power supporter I appreciate the chevrons on CSU's home. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

I went out and watched some local Aussie Rules, figures out the rules, and joined the club for their next season.

did a quick search for these concepts because I liked so much about this thread not knowing anything about the sport. Now that I do, I can fully say there’s some really really neat designs I wish were real! 

Love the Wyoming and Winthrop ones I hadn’t seen until now. Good job Discrim

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently the Bucks have made my "Mecca uni" dream a reality.?

In any event, a few new things..first, McNeese State.  First choice uses a Melbourne-style vee yoke, but with a bit of a curve to mimic a bandana.  

mcneesestatefooty18.png

William & Mary...figured I'd play it safe-ish for the home and clash.  The third, though....I shamelessly dipped into a well that'd served me well twice in hockey.  I give you a footy version of Arsenal's bruised banana, with the V's becoming W's and M's.

williammaryfooty18.png

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

Guest darkpiranha
14 hours ago, Discrimihater said:

Apparently the Bucks have made my "Mecca uni" dream a reality.?

In any event, a few new things..first, McNeese State.  First choice uses a Melbourne-style vee yoke, but with a bit of a curve to mimic a bandana.  

mcneesestatefooty18.png

Nice job on my alma mater.  

• 1 year later...

Damn, it's been over a freakin year since I posted anything new in this thread.  Unpopular opinion: I liked that abstract-looking UNLV logo they rolled out a few years back, only to not really use it.  So without further ado, we run with them Rebels

unlvfooty19.png

Apparently Penn State has a paw print logo now.  And here I was wanting to use their early 2000s logo...anyway, stuff I could easily see Penn State liking, followed by the type of thing they'd vehemently deny ever existing, had it ever existed :D (yes, I know the logos were early 2000s, not 90s, I was on one)

pennstatefooty19.png

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 1 year later...

I know one thing, it's nice to not constantly worry about my PC going bluescreen, or worse, black screen on a constant basis.  So first, we got Colorado College.  Not exactly the height of creativity, admittedly, but hoops are usually a good bet.  A mountainous take on it is the clash.  The smaller size is only because I'd used an older 800 x 600 concept by mistake.

coloradocollegefooty20.png

Bulldoggin like them Georgetown Hoyas.  Went with hoops again, though this time out, there's a two tone gray clash for when opponents are in blue or a sufficiently dark color, and navy for when the opponent's in gray/silver or old gold (I remember briefly watching a women's basketball game between Colorado and Texas A&M.  The Buffs were in gold, the Aggies in silver.  Brutal on the eyes, as far as telling who was who).  

georgetownfooty20.png

Lastly, the IPFW Fort Wayne Purdue Fort Wayne Mastodons.  Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of Purdue making Fort Wayne change its colors, but it is what it is.  (For comparison's sake, of the UW system schools in the NCAA outside of Madison, only Green Bay and River Falls wear red at all).  I went with a sash...but truncated it to resemble a mastodon's tusk.  The third is blue, their old color, with a take on a classic V that'll definitely be an eye catcher.

purduefwfooty20.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 5 months later...

Just took a look at the Citadel's new logos, and figured I'd take a stab at them.

thecitadelfooty21.png

Finished a Nicholls State set a while ago but just realized I never posted it

nichollsstatefooty21.png

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

SMU Mustangs...the Dallas D inspired the home jumper's stripe treatment.  The clash is meant to evoke neon lights, notably the red pegasus in downtown Dallas.  Finally, the Dallas jumper modeled after the same-themed football uniform.

smufooty22.png

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 4 months later...

Cuyahoga Community College, aka Tri-C

tricfooty22.png

Randomly came across this logo a few days ago...Figured I'd whip something up.  I had the idea of somehow incorporating a triple C, and here we are.  The logo treatment on the third, I kinda had Oklahoma State's Phantom Pete on my mind.  Tri-C After Dark, if you will.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png