Discrim's Australian Football Concepts

Discrim

I've been wanting to do something with Pitt's new panther for a while, so here goes Pitt.

pittfooty22.png

The home and clash both use a V design, the home version using a vee yoke for Golden Triangle symbolism.  The three stripes are taken from Pitt soccer's crest, representing the three rivers, these also are used as the shorts' striping.  The third uniform is a footy version of Pitt's classic football jerseys, with shorts mimicking the football pants.

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

• 3 weeks later...

Oregon...the home is basically the O, blown up and wearable.  The clash's flying ducks are taken from one of their spring game helmets, and just felt Oregon.  I liked the clash's sock stripes so much I used them for the Mighty Oregon fauxback jumper.

oregonfooty22.png

Holy Cross...admittedly, I was feeling a bit derivative here.  Basically took St. Kilda's old Hot Cross jumper design and made a white version to go along with it.

holycrossfooty22.png

• Love 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

Oklahoma State...basically, the home is based on St. Kilda with orange replacing red, and an orange back, mainly because I wanted the clash to be black.  The clash has a gray/orange center stripe and Phantom Pete, and the vintage involves tricolor striping, copying a vintage St. Kilda design...okay, so I was short on my own ideas.

oklahomastatefooty22.png

Tulane...the home is loosely inspired by Adelaide, if the Crows' hoops were wavy.  Basically took the waves off of the 80s T logo.  The angry wave is more prominent on the clash, while the third uses the now-retired T-wave, and I was going for a more subtle/abstract wave look.
tulanefooty22.png

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 3 weeks later...

Might try that someday...but new business.

Auburn...used the traditional Northwestern stripe here, though admittedly the spacing is a bit odd.  That's because I'd initially had a couple more stripes, but that wound up making it less "white jumper with orange stripes" and more "orange jumper with white back."  The clash basically uses the same design, but in stealth mode.  Included a War Eagle jumper just for the hell of it.

auburnfooty23.png

I also give you Syracuse.  The home uses the old Carrier Dome logo as part of the design, while the white is basically a sleeveless Rangers jersey.  Included a throwback style jumper with printed laces, mostly because I'd had what I recently learned about that jumper style on my mind: while Victorian clubs had phased laced jumpers out by the 1920s, they remained at least somewhat prevalent in South Australia for several more decades, so as VFL clubs began adding South Australian players, said players held onto their laceups.  Even a number of Victorian players began wearing them, mostly because the tighter fit made it harder for opponents to tackle the wearer.  So what was the laced jumper's ultimate death knell?  The same reason you can't wear shorts with pockets in flag football: would-be tacklers' fingers got caught in the laces, and subsequently broken, too often for the VFL's taste, and they were banned in the late 80s.   Designwise, I figured I'd distort the S a bit, make it look like they got em nice and tight, though maybe making it a tad offset would've been more accurate.
syracusefooty23.png

And for your viewing pleasure, some lace up jumpers from the 70s and 80s

aa8f6a25b3261f645153d28f84fa98df.jpg

s-l500.jpg

om8mq3ls75b51.jpg?auto=webp&s=34afc4c976

s-l500.png

• Like 1

2016cubscreamsig.png

• 4 months later...

Been a while, let's get to it.  First, USC.  Relatively simple design, aside from the cuffs and bottom stripe, which feature a Trojan-styled USC pattern (probably should've included it blown up, as I know it's somewhat tough to see here)

uscfooty23.png

Riding in like a Vandal, Idaho.  Again, stayed relatively simple here.

idahofooty23.png

• Love 2

2016cubscreamsig.png