Demolition Derby car design

Moseph

Hey guys, I have gotten in to demolition derbies recently and they are a lot of fun. I have run four times and have done pretty well. I got 1st place my first try, 3rd place in my 2nd run, and two weeks I got the Mad Dog award for best hits. Anyways, they always have a best paint contest where the winner gets $100 and a trophy. I have built two cars, the other two I was a fill-in river for my older brother, andI just wanted to share my designs. I ran the Grave Digger car last June and got 2nd place in paint and 3rd in the derby with it. I was really happy with the way it turned out, it was just very time consuming, I think I spent 20 something hours on it. Then the car I ran two weeks ago I made into a taxi cab. It was something simpler but still a decent amount of work, and I think I got about 3rd in paint with it. I just wanted to share and see what you guys think of them.

21GraveDiggerEdit642011png_Sophia.jpg

2012-06-02_13-27-27_HDR.jpg

SouthParkBaseballOriolespngsmall.png

As a stock car afficionado, I think these are great! Keep up the creativity (and the hard work... it shows that you put a lot of effort into the paintjobs)!

Do you have enduro races around where you live? It sounds like you're a pretty good driver, so adding in some racing to the crash and bang might be something you'd find exciting.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Thanks for the compliments guys. I will have to look and see about getting into some racing, it could be fun. I do these car with brush paint. They are 10 footers, look great from a distance but up close you see all the brush strokes. I will post the pictures of them wrecked later.

• 2 months later...

I gotta say this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen here. It's one thing to design a racecar, another to actually put it into practice. And given that your car is going to be wrecked every time, you can come up with new designs. Very cool.

I really like the actual sponsorships like the Rt. 3 Shell and A-plus Towing (unless you really did get sponsorship from Monster ^_^ ) ... they remind me of the early days of NASCAR where sponsorship literally meant hand-painting a business' name on your fender.

The Crazy Taxi is my favorite. Keep up the good work and definitely post more of these if you do them!

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Thanks for the kind words guys. I am not getting any money from my sponsorships, but Rt. 3 Shell is where I have built and stored my car and A-Plus Towing is how its getting transported to the track, so I figured the least I could do is put their names on my car and get them some exposure. I plan on doing more in the future and have a couple of ideas for simpler schemes, now I just gotta do the hard part of finding a car.

And why do I need to protect the left rear?

Wow... those are superb. All of them. My favorite has to be that Crazy Taxi one... It makes me want to see a Twisted Metal design now. :)

Now are you or your buddy actually sponsored by Monster to run these derbies? Or are you just adding those sponsor logos to make them authentic?

I would definitely do the City Chevrolet car.

Neither of us are sponsored by Monster, my buddy chose to do it last year because he thought it looked cook and I am doing it because I like Ken Block's car. My buddy was talking about doing an M&M's car and I have a few other ideas such as The Simpsons, one of those red and yellow Little Tykes cars, the Hulk, Captain America, the Redskins or even the O's.

Archived