Grand Canyon University ReBrand

vazquez

Looks really solid, Hector. You don't really have to worry where shadows fall. I just fake it. If no one complains, then they're right. The highlight on the very tip of the horn needs to be cleaned up. I personally would like to see the eye squint more, to toughen the logo up.

Great job!

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

That current logo IS atrocious.

For readers not in the Phoenix area, GCU (Div. II, no football) has been on a big branding and marketing push in the last few years. (Outside of Arizona's three public universities, GCU is the only university of size here.) They recently opened a 6,000-seat arena, too.

For readers not in the Phoenix area, GCU (Div. II, no football) has been on a big branding and marketing push in the last few years. (Outside of Arizona's three public universities, GCU is the only university of size here.) They recently opened a 6,000-seat arena, too.

Correct, which is why I am working on a package to approach the school with, maybe be rewarded in a scholarship type of deal.

Looks really solid, Hector. You don't really have to worry where shadows fall. I just fake it. If no one complains, then they're right. The highlight on the very tip of the horn needs to be cleaned up. I personally would like to see the eye squint more, to toughen the logo up.

Great job!

Thanks for the little words, I have another eye I have been debating, along with a miniature update coming up shortly

I think there's no better time than now for GCU to consider what you have to offer them. Have you seen how aggressively they are advertising to high school students? (AIA partnership in particular)

Exactly my thought process, I see all the construction, and I realize, they are growing and fast, and I saw the logo, and went, this could grow into something even better.

Definite improvement, especially since that wordmark in the original looks like 'Lores, not 'Lopes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

ASU, U of A and...what else? Help me out here. I should know this but I don't.

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

University of Phoenix has the giant online enrollment.

spacer.png

Northern Arizona University I believe...

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The 2nd update is even better. Tim Salmon and Cody Ransom would be proud of that one. (I am officially out of Grand Canyon State University references).

Nice job, looking forward to seeing your wordmarks, it doesn't get any worse than what GCSU currently uses.

Correct. And University of Phoenix isn't counted because, well, I don't think that's countable in this category. We do have Arizona Christian though (an even smaller #5). And then you run out of room.

The interesting thing to me is that there's a huge rivalry between the brass at GCU and UoP. I know a few people that have worked at both, and I've heard that GCU barely considers former UoP employees for open positions. I suppose it's a private university thing? It's good to see another Phoenix-area college area on the rise, though.

I suppose athletically, though, UoP is a non-factor. Would be cool to see GCU join the likes of ASU, UA, and NAU in the sports arena.

As far as the logo goes, love the update. Really clean look, can't wait to see the look progress! You'll probably have a much easier time with the scholarship idea with GCU, too, since it's private.

Correct. And University of Phoenix isn't counted because, well, I don't think that's countable in this category. We do have Arizona Christian though (an even smaller #5). And then you run out of room.

The interesting thing to me is that there's a huge rivalry between the brass at GCU and UoP. I know a few people that have worked at both, and I've heard that GCU barely considers former UoP employees for open positions. I suppose it's a private university thing? It's good to see another Phoenix-area college area on the rise, though.

I suppose athletically, though, UoP is a non-factor. Would be cool to see GCU join the likes of ASU, UA, and NAU in the sports arena.

As far as the logo goes, love the update. Really clean look, can't wait to see the look progress! You'll probably have a much easier time with the scholarship idea with GCU, too, since it's private.

Yeah, almost every counselor I've seen has attended the school, another private school, or from another state, same for professors, never really paid attention to the other part being a rivalry.

Exactly my approach, trying to update and give it a look that EVERYONE wants to wear.

I am a little stuck currently, because the look I am trying to create, I want to able to create the uniforms and so forth cohesively. Right now just a bit on the stuck end.

Archived