Anaheim Ducks Re-Brand Package

DawgPacPBH

Okay, so I used that other logo I posted as an alternate, and came up with this one the other day. I think this is a unique way to re-brand the Ducks, and was wondering what all of your opinions are!

1. The color palette has taken eggplant and teal from the old package, but kept the sandy type/orange aspect of the newer package.

2. The gradient background of the primary is a stretch, but I think it's a risk that worked out well.

Any comments are welcomed!

Thanks!

EDIT: Changed the Primary a bit!

ducksprimary1.png

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

I don't know about that primary mark. It looks like a duck-billed pegasus.

The wordmark and secondary logo are good though.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I definitely see it, too. Part of it is the head/beak. With the two feathers sticking up, they look a lot like ears. The notch where the bill and head connect doesn't help that either. I think the other thing is the angle of the wing. It's straight up and back, like the wings of a griffin or pegasus or anything with the wing coming from its back, rather than its shoulder. a more downward angle on the wing might help, but I'm no expert on that. Really though, look at the shoulder (elbow?) you have there, the downward V at the base of the wing. You'd have to break a duck's wing to get it to look like that.

Really, I think the whole thing looks too docile, with the color scheme and such (I get what you're trying to do, but sunset doesn't exactly scream "sports", especially one as tough as hockey). I don't think you should venture into the realm of the cartoony angry mascot, but I think you should give some thought to the setting

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

That is a huge improvement. Now it looks like a duck.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Based on the coloring and smooth, curviness ("elegance"?) of the primary, added to the fact that we're clearly looking down on a bird floating in the water, I see more swan than duck. Though I think it's a nice idea (and it's pretty well rendered), I don't think it works conceptually as a logo for this particular team.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

it's a nice idea but i think the wing in the primary is too large. the primary logo alone won't look right on a jersey. not a big fan of the new color scheme either.

the alternate looks like a stylized angels logo.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived