Unique equipment

Ark

16 hours ago, mamiller99 said:

Like I've been trying to look for those Thomas mask designs, because I kinda want one for rec hockey. But now that I know that it's better for my "vision", it incentivizes the decision even more. 

Also, the hell is with that cage that Streit is wearing? It makes like no sense

So, some of those later ones are pure custom creations, probably by Thomas himself. Most of the shells are Sportmask brand. Peruse their website and you can see their offerings, right now they have the original Mage (not pictured up there) and the Mage RS (Bruins Cup era) in production. Not familiar with what he's wearing in the white jersey Dallas pic. 

Our store is one of their dealers, if you are serious about getting one I can PM you more info. Our info is on their website along with others. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Zach Parise wearing his father's gear during warmups last night.

cut.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Kelly Hrudey wore one of the more unusual goalie helmets.  He also wore a blue bandana underneath it.  Even when he switched to a newer style helmet, the cage was different from the norm and it looked slightly bigger, too.

record4.jpg

kellyhrudey.jpg

hrudey-hollywood1.jpg

On 4/5/2017 at 4:21 PM, nash61 said:

cut.jpg

In an unrelated story, Zach Parise was hospitalized with a staph infection the next day.

On 26/12/2016 at 8:15 AM, Graham_Clayton said:

Andre Russell used a black bat in the opening game of the current Big Bash T20 cricket competition in Australia:

Immediately after the game, Cricket Australia banned the bat from further use.

black-bat.jpg

On 26/12/2016 at 5:31 PM, Discrimihater said:

Man, what's Australia got against black bats?  That's batist! :cursing::P

The problem with the black bat in that case was that the paint was getting on the white ball, which wasn't good for visibility and therefore safety.

Cricket Australia allowed coloured bats, provided they were covered with a layer of extratec, which is a clear film you can put over the face of your bat to protect it. I'm pretty sure another player came out with a coloured bat that had extratec covering later in the tournament.

I'd expect to see a lot more coloured bats next season in the Big Bash League.

In 2002 and 2003, Tennessee Titans kicker Joe Nedney managed to suffer season ending injuries early on in two consecutive seasons. This forced the Titans to reach out to the retired kicking legend Gary Anderson. In 2003, after retiring again after 2002, he agreed to kick one more year for the Titans, flying in from his home in Canada every Sunday, and and not even practicing with the team.

He was pretty successful for an old man, and pretty memorable for his anachronistic get-up. Pairing a grey one-bar face mask with the decidedly 21st century appearance of the Tennessee Titans was a pretty unique deal.

Turns out he had to pay a fine every game he played with the Titans, which was factored into his salary, because they simply didn't make one-bar face masks in navy blue anymore... He tried painting it, but the rubbery finish made it so it couldn't hold a coat of paint, so he went out on the field with the only grey face mask on the roster.

anderson2.jpg

anderson.jpg

On 4/5/2017 at 4:21 PM, nash61 said:

cut.jpg

I forgot just how gorgeous that uniform is. I love the Stars' current look, but that is sheer perfection. (But it belongs in Minnesota, not Dallas, so probably a good thing that the Stars aren't using it now.)

56 minutes ago, ColeJ said:

In 2002 and 2003, Tennessee Titans kicker Joe Nedney managed to suffer season ending injuries early on in two consecutive seasons. This forced the Titans to reach out to the retired kicking legend Gary Anderson. In 2003, after retiring again after 2002, he agreed to kick one more year for the Titans, flying in from his home in Canada every Sunday, and and not even practicing with the team.

He was pretty successful for an old man, and pretty memorable for his anachronistic get-up. Pairing a grey one-bar face mask with the decidedly 21st century appearance of the Tennessee Titans was a pretty unique deal.

Turns out he had to pay a fine every game he played with the Titans, which was factored into his salary, because they simply didn't make one-bar face masks in navy blue anymore... He tried painting it, but the rubbery finish made it so it couldn't hold a coat of paint, so he went out on the field with the only grey face mask on the roster.

Equally odd - I own the last pair of pants he ever wore in the NFL.

47 minutes ago, Discrimihater said:

WTH was Nedney doing?  Having lunch with Chuck Norris?:blink:

He thought he was a beef-tank and liked to truck people on return coverage. Lol.

That was at least one of the injuries. Was a long time ago and my memory is getting fuzzy.

1 hour ago, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

ap0909030268658.jpg

Mark Kelso and his extra helmet cap to help prevent concussions. I remember it flying off during play at times and the referees clipping it back into place for him.

Also...since when did Buffalo have a grey stripe running down the side of their SB era uniform pants? Thought it was a blue stripe outlined by red.

It's blue.. Just really washed-out looking 

Ken Dryden wearing a cage in practice.

17553447_1688847308086488_1765768253802087588_n.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

On 4/17/2017 at 7:54 PM, joey joe joe jr. shabadoo said:

ap0909030268658.jpg

Mark Kelso and his extra helmet cap to help prevent concussions. I remember it flying off during play at times and the referees clipping it back into place for him.

Also...since when did Buffalo have a grey stripe running down the side of their SB era uniform pants? Thought it was a blue stripe outlined by red.

Aah, yes, the ProCap. Steve Wallace of the 49ers also had one as well:

aa256_iOUW.ye5JM98.jpg

UBwef0L.png

Archived