World Yakball Cup

raysox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These look great, South America in particular. These look like they could actually be used in real life. Glad to see you got your Photobucket account squared away.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I actually just uploaded those to tumblr last night and put it here. Photobucket says I'll get the account back on the 9th if you all can wait.

So are you able to post new teams through Tumblr?

Cohenj.png

Yeah, I'll just do tinypic for now. The tournaments will be in the style of the Euro tournament. The best teams in each conference have group play, and a playoff to determine who advances.

NAYC.png

The North American tournament took place in Mexico. The best teams were split off in the draw, putting the USA/Belize/Mexico/Trinidad & Tobago in group A, and Canada/Jamaica/Honduras/Cuba in group B. The round robin tournament was underway with the US beating the host Mexico in the new Mexico City arena. Belize beat the T&T national team in game 2 in Guadalajara. In day 2, Canada beat the Cuban team in Cancun by a lot. Then Jamaica lost their opening match to the Honduras team in Obregón, looking to upset the 15th best team in the world.

The second round of match ups started the next day. The US won again by a large margin over Belize in Torreón. The home Mexican team beat Tobago to the delight of the crowd in Monterrey. The second day of group B was very dramatic. The Jamaicans beat the Canadians in dramatic fashion with a last second point by their captain Eric Black in front of the Mexico City fans. Cuba beat Honduras spoiling their chance to take the group lead in Guadalajara, tying Group B up at 1-1.

On the last day, all games would be played two at a time. The US team beat the Trinidad team in Obregón, sweeping the group. The group really came down to the other match in Cancun between Belize and Mexico. Belize won with 5 straight points to end the game, winning by 3 over the host team. Belize would advance to play the winner of Group B. Canada faced off with the Honduras team in order to advance, and did so easily in Monterrey. The Jamaicans were in the same situation, facing their neighbors to the north, Cuba in Torreón. The Jamaicans did, winning the group based off their head to head with Canada.

The biggest rivalry in Yakball was renued with team America beating Canada in Guadalajara in a great game. The US was already qualified for the tournament, but the win means they would've gotten in anyway. The Canadians would play the loser of game 2 in the bronze game to make the WYC. The Jamaican's run at destiny continued with a 9 point victory in Moterrey, advancing them to the finals against the US, and the championship in the US. The Canadians flexed their mussels with the help of David Abercrombie of Centre Toronto scoring 20 enroute to the victory over Belize, and qualification in the WYC. The USA beat their Jamaican rivals earning them a victory of the first continent championship.

Results

NorthAmerica.png

Jamaica and Canada to follow.

Jamaica

I didn't look into icons, because I liked the flag so much. I did a diamond with a banner wrapping around with the name, and the flag on the diamond. Real simple, with the yellow popping out from the green and black.

Jamaica.png

Puma for this team, just like the track team. I didn't want to use yellow or green for the home kit, so I went with black, like I did with a concept a few years ago for a football team. The clash is a white version of the home. I actually had about 3 versions for them before I settled on this one. Hope you like!

JamaicaUnis.png

Wow, Jamaica looks incredible, especially the logo. I would try to integrate a little more yellow on the white jersey, perhaps by changing the area with the Puma logo from yellow logo on green to green logo on yellow. Quick question, will Israel be playing in Europe like in soccer, or in Asia?

Cohenj.png

Nice work on your American and Canadian Leagues raysox, but i am really looking forward to this one as it involves a lot more of where we alol are from, all over the world.

A few suggestions on the Oceania area, the colours of this area used to be sea green, yellow and blue.

Western Zone:

Australia - Green and Gold - "Sugar Gliders" (cool animal similar to a flying squirrel)

New Zealand - Black and White - "Kakapo" (native parrot)

Papua New Guinea - Red, Black and Yellow - "Warriors"

Vanuatu - Green, red, yellow and black - "Boars"

Eastern Zone:

Hawaii - Red and Blue - The Chiefs" (I realise it is not a country but it could represent what it was)

Otaheite - Red and White - "The Kings"

Samoa - Blue and White - "Stars" (logo similar to a tatu design)

Fiji White and Black, or Light Blue - "The Palms"

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

Canada

I don't know what exactly happened, but I was doing this set, and I saw a logo with letters mashed together interlocking, I thought I could do that. I did a crest, with a banner on the bottom. I had a maple leaf up top cut down for design purposes. Then, I did my letters in the center. It's pretty basic, but I'd like to get feedback!

Canada.png

Adidas for the Canadian team! Simple adidas stripes on the shoulders, with a bit of color underneath the arm. Just simple stripes on the pants too, nothing crazy.

CanadaUnis.png

Logo looks great, the jerseys too. The one thing I would suggest is to get rid of the black outline around the name on the back of the white jersey, because the outline makes it a little tough to read right now. Other than that, great job.

Cohenj.png

Archived