World Yakball Cup

raysox

aw7es.png

So the year is 2020, and the sport is growing rapidly. Enough interest from many countries has allowed there to be a competitive world tournament with the best national teams in the world. The qualifying will be similar to that of the world cup, being broken down by continent and competition skill. The following is the breakdown for the 16 team tournament by continent.

6 European teams

3 North American teams

3 Asian teams

2 South American teams

1 African team

1 Oceania team

Here is the top 40 in the Yakball world rankings

2mzmt1t.png

The first tournament is fittingly in the US, the country of origin. The United States automatically qualifies for the tournament, with the rest coming down to qualification. The host cities are

2hxpnjo.png

I will be dropping in with match results for continental tournaments to qualify for the championship. Maybe when all 16 are done, we'll have voting or something for the championship.

EYC2.png

European Yakball Conference

Germany

England

Russia

Sweden

Italy

Netherlands

34imtm8.png

North American Yakball Conference

United States

Jamaica

Canada

AYA2.png

Asian Yakball Association

China

Qatar

Japan

CSY2.png

Copa Sudamericana Yakball

Argentina

Brazil

AYL2.png

African Yakball League

South Africa

OYC2.png

Oceania Yakball Conference

Australia

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United States

The host of the tournament, composed totally of players in the US league. I wanted to do something like Davidson's eagle logo originally, but started messing with some ideas. I wanted to use the USMNT colors, because the navy and gold look great together, and I put more red in the red. I thought hoops would look cool, and I wanted to try to use a ball in a logo for the first time. I did a circle, and put US Yakball on it because it was short and sweet. Instead of 13 stars going around on the bottom, I put E Pluribus Unum from the US seal to make it more US orientated. The field is interchangeable with any city name that hosts a national game.

US.png

I really wanted to use red and white hoops, so I did. The shorts are navy, and the socks match the jerseys. The clash is navy with sublimated darker navy in an attempt to separate from the primary.

USUnis.png

I'm so excited for this, especially seeing Israel in the top 20. Everything is just so exciting!

I am quite certain that these concepts will be just as good as, if not better than, the concepts in the Yakball Association.

And the US looks amazing.

bex2bn.jpg

v7xt0k.jpg

I am soooo excited for this! The rankings are really cool and I would have so much fun deciding who would be the best teams in my sport. The uniforms are cool but I don't really like the use of gold in the logo. I would rather see standard white or light blue (you could use the light blue on the clash kit to create more clash too) I like the use of E Pluribus Unum too. Good work and I am so excited.

That logo is pure gold. I love it so much. The jersey's are perfect. (I would dish out serious cash for the home kit) The stripes on the field are very a nice touch to separate the US from everyone else. My only suggestion would to not change it :P. Although, I'm wondering, is there supposed to be a Y-A logo on the clash?

I am absolutely jacked up for this series. I loved the U.S. series and Canada series but this looks like it has the potential to be even better! U.S. jerseys are really good, and the logo in particular is phenomenal. Ditto @oaklandhusker about Israel, can't wait for that one. Will certainly keep an eye on this series!

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

It looks so cool but I would loose the stars on the logo as in sport they generally mean how many world cups the team has won. And the home is great but it reminds me too much of the soccer jersey but they will probably have changed theirs by 2020 and I'm throwing money at my screen but I'm not getting one of those clash jerseys.

Not sure if its my phone but i cant see the images. Shame, im sure they are great. Also, i think if the stars are INSIDE the logo it should be okay. If the stars are ABOVE the main logo that represents the number of world cups won. At least thats what i've always been told by the die hard futbol fans i know.

Archived