World Yakball Cup

raysox

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright, so right now I have 11/16 teams done! Problem is, no internet. I put together half of Europe, both South American teams(look at the rankings, this one is obvious).

So hopefully when I'm back in Indiana, I can somehow get them to you guys, and blow your mind. I think you all will like these!

I typed 3,000 words writing 5 results to international tournaments. Here.

AYA.png

China opened the Asian part of qualification with an easy defeat of Turkey in Beijing. South Korea was the favorite heading into the match against Qatar, but led by Achmed Al Masri, the Qatar team beat Turkey by 7 in Nanjing. The wide open Group B started with Japan beating the Israeli team in Changchun. India opened their tournament in the right way with a victory over the United Arab Emirates team in Macau.

China was the host and favorites in the tournament, and their victory over South Korea in Tianjin had the Koreans all but eliminated. Al Masri scored 18 points and lifted Qatar over Turkey in Shanghai eliminating the Turks and Koreans. The 34th ranked team in the world had beaten the 19th and 23rd shockingly. In Guangzhou, the Japanese team beat the UAE to be 2-0 and in prime position to advance. Israel knocked out the Indian team in a heated battle of the 16th and 17th ranked teams in the world, the game went into the final seconds with Israel blocking India’s shot at the buzzer in Hong Kong.

In group A, the teams that advanced were already set. But China beat Qatar for seeding in Changchun in a close game. South Korea came in blazing against Turkey in Macau, but were put in their place with Turkey saving themselves from a winless tournament. India and Israel were tied record wise with one game left before the knockout rounds. India was facing Japan with a chance to win, but Japan went on a 10-1 run after half and sent the Indian team home from Nanjing. Israel had lots of support in being the underdogs of the tournament, and they continued their run with a win over the UAE in Tianjin putting them in the knockout round.

The mighty Chinese team beat the darling Israeli team in Guangzhou, advancing to the finals against the winner of the second game. Japan and Qatar faced off in Hong Kong with the Japanese team who rolled through the group stages, but the tournament MVP Al Masri had a triple double and sent the Japanese to the Bronze medal game trying to score the 3rd team in the World Yakball Cup. Japan played Israel in the 3rd place game in Beijing beating the Israeli team 40-31. The finals were a highly anticipated match up between Qatar and China in Shanghai. The Qatari team put up a fight, but the home team with all their support won the game and will be a favorite in America.

Asia.png

China

I didn't know what to do with China, so I tried to be as simple and Chinese as I could. I did a crest from darkened colors, and then put the stars found on the flag slightly to the left. Then on the banner, I literally wrote Chinese yak ball association(i think it was association, it was a while ago). Then put a ball under the banner in the empty space. Simplicity I thought.

China.png

I didnt have a good soccer jersey to look at, so I went pretty basic here too. Adidas stripes on the sleeves, with the only difference be the white torso on the clash.

ChinaUnis.png

Qatar

I looked at the crest for the country itself. It's similar, but I simplified it and did my own twist on it. I made the same pattern as the flag with the design bolder separating the white and maroon. The inner circle now has crossing arabic swards, and a dhow because of the ports in Qatar.

Qatar.png

I really could do anything I wanted to with the jerseys. I wanted to do something like the flag, so I ran a sash running down the left side with the pattern ending the white band. It's pretty simple as a whole, I just love that color.

QatarUnis.png

Welp.

Japan

So for these guys, I wanted to tie them into the soccer team, but tried my best to make them different. I was playing with an uneven crest, and after many tries finalized my logo. I put the initials of the Japanese Yakball Association, then the Japanese legend of the 3 legged bird, and a cherry blossom at the bottom. I ALMOST put a touch of pink in here, but didn't.

Japan.png

I did a red band across the chest to balance the blue and the red which look really good together. I went for a simplistic look with adidas stripes. Nothing crazy.

JapanUnis.png

The crests for China and Qatar are both awesome. And I like the sun rays in Japan's in-front-of-net-area (does it have a particular name? haha).

Just the rising sun, which I almost put in the logo itself.

Okay, so I actually thought of a way to sim the cup, and the results are shocking.

The crests for China and Qatar are both awesome. And I like the sun rays in Japan's in-front-of-net-area (does it have a particular name? haha).

Just the rising sun.

Okay, so I actually thought of a way to sim the cup, and the results are shocking.

I think he was referring to the "in-front-of-net-area". Is that a crease? Goal mouth? Half circle?

Just the rising sun.

I think he was referring to the "in-front-of-net-area". Is that a crease? Goal mouth? Half circle?

OH. Yeah, it's a crease ahahha. No offensive player can go in there!

Thanks man, I liked working on that one because I had so much freedom.

Sorry for bumping again, but I'd like a few more comments before I went ahead and posted South America

Don't you have freedom on every single one since there is no history what do ever

Lame.

CSY.png

The South American tournament host and favorite Brazil started their reign with an EASY win over Bolivia in Rio di Janiero 56-21. In reality, Brazil was going to advance from Goup A, but the second seed was wide open. Venezuela scored 6 points to end the game against Uruguay in Recife, to win by 3. Argentina was Brazil’s biggest rival, and also a tournament contender. They beat Ecuador by 13 in Curitiba. Chile and Peru was the last game in round 1, with the Peruvians prevailing 35-31 in Londrina.

Brazil had a match up against Venezuela, in which Brazil’s fans from Belo Horizonte came out in full force handing Venezuela their first loss in the group. Brasilia was the host of Uruguay-Bolivia, with Uruguay’s Suarez scoring 20 in route to a win. Peru was in over their head against Argentina in Manaus, Argentina’s 11th ranking in the world was on display beating Peru by 16. Chile and Ecuador was a good match up on paper, and Ecuador gave Chile their second loss in Sao Paulo.

Brazil and Uruguay had the two neighbors matched up, Brazil had already advanced, but a win by Uruguay and some help by Bolivia would send them to the knockouts. But the 10th best team in the world knocked the Uruguans out with a strong performance by Carvahlo in Recife. Venezuela sent Bolivia home officially with a defeat in Londrina. Argentina and Chile were playing for nothing, as their fates were decided. Argentina didn’t play their starters, and they beat the Chileans by 12 in Belo Horizonte. The real match up came with Peru and Ecuador with the winner going to the knockout round. Peru sent the fans in Curitiba mental with a shot at the buzzer from the 2 point line to win by 1 and advance.

Brazil’s first knockout game was in Brasilia against Peru. The Peruvian’s momentum didn’t last as Brazil won by 14. Argentina and Venezuela matched up in Rio di Janiero with the 11th ranked team prevailing to advance to the finals. The anticipated match up was realized in the finals. The Brazilians were the favorites in Sao Paulo, but the Argentine fans traveled well. The Brazilians led by 5, the largest of the game, heading into the half. Sergio Rodriguez led the Argentine team back, and scored 8 in the final frame leading the Argentine team to victory.

SouthAmerica.png

Argentina

I gave the South American champs a uniform that hopefully they would be proud of. I did a triangle with a drop shadow. I put AYA at the top, with the traditional light blue striping running vertical down under the sun from the flag.

Argentina.png

Like all the other Argentina teams, I did light blue stripes going down. I did a modern twist on them that I've toyed around with on an old soccer concept. The clash is a navy, traditional to the national teams.

ArgentinaUnis.png

Archived