World Yakball Cup

raysox

Russia

For this one, I used a few elements from other teams. I played with this crest shape and liked it. The eagle is from a few Russian national teams, I think I used the soccer team's version. The flag pattern under is based off of Germany's version for their soccer team. I used a red, and maroon to be different. The soccer team did use a maroon and gold uniform a few years ago, and I used them as secondary colors behind red.

Russia.png

I really liked doing these uniforms. A strip across the chest with some gold balancing it out with the number, and stripe under. Then I put a sublimated eagle on the back for detail

RussiaUnis.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweden

This was probably my favorite logo. I modified the St. John's logo, put the Swedish crowns over the banner, with the flag under. I put "Sverige" on the banner, because that's the country's name in the native language. The yellow also pops on the green field!

Sweden.png

The uniforms were similar to the English team. I was inspired by the Euro jerseys that had navy, and included navy into the color scheme. Most home uniforms for Swedish teams are yellow and that stayed true. Also note the crowns above the chest stripe!

SwedenUnis.png

Overall a really nice set of concepts. The simplicity of the England set hit the mark perfectly, nice job on those. Sweden overall looks good, but I feel like the top of the jersey is too crowded. Try lowering the front number a little on the jersey to avoid having so many things in the same spot. Russia as it stands looks really good, but I think you should incorporate blue into the brand a little more, because right now its not screaming Russia when I look at it. A nice set of concepts once again, though.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

I think Europe has been your best group so far. Love the simplicity of the England jerseys and getting the flag onto the home shirt gets some red in there which I think is great. I'd love to see the soccer team actually wear these. Russia is very good as well. I think red and maroon look great together and these uniforms just kind of have a Russian feel to them. And you have to try really hard to mess up Sweden, so I of course like these. The only thing is that the three crowns look kind of forced in there, but I'm not sure where else you could put them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Italy

I used a crest shape I call the "Italia", because the soccer team uses the same shape. I wrapped a banner around it similar to the Phoenix logo. With the flag running down it, and then the letters are in brown. They wore brown pants at the 2009 Confederations Cup, and I really liked it. I brought it back because of this.

Italy.png

The team wore an azurri blue top with brown pants, and I brought it back. I used gold numbers to stand out and not clash with anything, and the gold looked really good with the brown.I did a concept like this for the world cup with the flag going across the chest, just like the Germans did for Euro 08.

ItalyUnis.png

Possibly might update the logo. I like the uniforms tho.

Netherlands

I brought this logo back from my Dutch International Circuit logo. I loved the way the windmill looked. I updated the crown from the soccer team's lion crest, and put it on a shape similar to the Suns. I just wanted as much orange and black as I could.

Holland.png

The black and orange mesh really well together. I ran a sash down across the jersey, and put my nike cuffs on them like many other teams. Nothing really special, but the colors do the talking.

HollandUnis.png

The European teams look quite classically European, but different enough for this young, modern sport. You nailed it with Germany's logo, I love it! Like cohenj, I wouldn't have thought to use green for the clash, even if the soccer team has used it, but you did think to use it, and it looks pretty good, even if it doesn't scream "Deutschland!" to me. The general design, though, with the flag stripe down the middle, looks great. I really like the use of St. George's Cross on the home jersey, although the practical person in me wonders if it'll look weird when there's a single-digit number, especially a 1. The red/maroon combo for Russia looks great, but the stripe seems to end a little awkwardly as you go from front to back; I'd be interested to see how it would look with maroon underarms. Sweden looks like, well, Sweden! I second Billy B's comment about the three crowns looking a little claustrophobic up there, though. I agree with you when you say you like the Italian uniforms, and I think the logo looks just fine, too. The brown and gold are unexpected, but unexpectedly good! When I saw the word "brown" and hadn't scrolled down to the images yet, I got a little wide-eyed and worried, but that dark shade looks very, very nice. The Dutch jersey's sash looks great, too. Since you said you wanted as much black and orange as possible, did you experiment with a black clash jersey, and not using any white anywhere? I also think a black goal crease with the orange border would look pretty neat!

Two other suggestions that I wanted to set apart for emphasis: For the Russian team's crest, why not try transliterating the word "Yakball" into Cyrillic, especially considering you used Chinese characters in their crest? It just looks weird to me sandwiched in between РОССИЯ and КОМАНДА. I believe the transliteration would be ЯКБАЛЛ, although I'd double-check with someone who has a better command of the Russian language first. Also, for the Netherlands, I know you said you liked the look of the windmill, but to me, it just looks like a big X was slapped across the logo, like it was rejected at the factory! I like the idea of a windmill in the logo, but you might consider taking another look at it.

England: Looks good. I think you should use more white on the clash kit. Also, what if England's jerseys had collars like their soccer team does?

Russia: I love the maroon and red color scheme. Write Yakball in Cryllic and then you're set

Sweden: love it. The crest is gorgeous.

Italy: The Good: crest, white crease, top half of the uniform. The Bad and the Ugly: Those brown shorts. I can't believe that Italy wore those at a major competition. Also, the concept already has blue, white, red, green, and gold included in it, so adding another color is just unesscary.

Netherlands: the windmill design is cool and uniforms are awesome.

I think Russia is my new favorite, the crest is really unique and cool, but classy at the same time. Maroon and red is also one of my most favorite color schemes, so I am glad that you went with it.

spacer.png

You should pretend Yakball was an Olympic sport and make a court for the London, and maybe Rio (2016), olymipcs I would love to see what you could do.

Well, it'd be the same but with a flag instead of a crest. So I did a world cup.

I see, just thought it would be cool since the court wouldn't be designed for a particular team, but the Olympics as a whole. Anyway, carry on.

UnitedStatesofCollegeFootball-5.png

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the massive bump, but you said you had found a way to sim the Cup, and that you would give us the results. Any word on that?

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

• 4 months later...

Archived