jncox9

Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

243 posts in this topic

Thanks for the feedback on the Wild set! I'm glad to hear you all like it! Any suggestions for the next team?

There's a Blue Jackets jersey on page 4 of this post if you haven't seen it. I'm curious as to what it would look like as a set...... Jussssstttiiiiin

Thanks for the feedback on the Wild set! I'm glad to hear you all like it! Any suggestions for the next team?

Justin What Template Are You Using Can You Post It Please

Justin What Template Are You Using Can You Post It Please

Why Did You Capitalize Every Word In That Sentence?

----------

Back on topic, I'd like to see you do a modern concept of a now-defunct team (maybe the Montréal Maroons or the Seals).

Hello everyone. Haven't had a lot of time to work on concepts but due to popular demand, I'll try to complete a Blue Jackets set. But for now here's a quick Anaheim Ducks concept:

OrangeDucks-JustinCox.png

I've always been a fan of bright colored jerseys (yellow, orange, etc.) and thought the Ducks would look cool in an orange jersey. This design is actually based off of the San Francisco Bulls sock design. I just really liked how the gold, white and black stripes looked on orange so I through this together just to get a whole jersey idea. It's quite simple but I think it would be a neat design.

1 person likes this

Not a bad jersey by any means....but I'm just not quite feeling it. More black would even this out a little more, in my humble opinion.

Nicely designed though.

I agree with Snow Monster. I would make the sleeve cuffs and bottom hem stripe black but besides that, this looks great. So much more vibrant than the dull jerseys they sport now.

i actually think that is the absolute perfect alternate for the ducks. i love it.

I love the orange jersey idea but the traditional striping isn't doing it for me. The ducks have always been pretty modern and flashy when its comes to jersey designs. Don't get me wrong. It looks fantastic. But the look doesn't say "ducks" to me.

I concur. They have an unconventional logo (am I the only one who sees it as a skul-and-crossbones?) that needs unconventional striping (though NOT the diagonal nightmare they began life with).

1 person likes this

I really wish the Ducks would use the champagne colour more.

These are great. Love the lightning and Jets. I'm one that thinks the Jets should use the wings and sticks logo as the main logo for a third jersey, if not for their primary logo.

Love to see what you could do with the Sharks. Kind of getting tired of the Sharks "let's try and look like the Dolphins with more orange" mentality. I'm pretty sure players are tired of it, they've worn the black thirds the last two years in the playoffs - This signals it's time for a change in the home uniforms. Don't get me wrong, I love the Sharks thirds and for a while I softened my stance with the burnt orange but it used be Team Teal and Teal Black and gray was a great color combination. Anyway... Sharks and maybe see what a Sabres concept would look like, if you did these teams, I missed em. Good work though. :)

These are great. Love the lightning and Jets. I'm one that thinks the Jets should use the wings and sticks logo as the main logo for a third jersey, if not for their primary logo.

Love to see what you could do with the Sharks. Kind of getting tired of the Sharks "let's try and look like the Dolphins with more orange" mentality. I'm pretty sure players are tired of it, they've worn the black thirds the last two years in the playoffs - This signals it's time for a change in the home uniforms. Don't get me wrong, I love the Sharks thirds and for a while I softened my stance with the burnt orange but it used be Team Teal and Teal Black and gray was a great color combination. Anyway... Sharks and maybe see what a Sabres concept would look like, if you did these teams, I missed em. Good work though. :)

Thanks for the comment! I was actually planning on starting a Sharks concept tonight.

Hello again everyone. I hope you're all doing well and everyone on the East coast is staying safe from Hurricane Sandy. Let's get right to the concept.

San Jose Sharks

SJSharks-JustinCox.png

I've always been a big fan of all of San Jose's uniforms. Their colors and logos are great and they've always had pretty nice designs. My absolute favorites though, have always been their jerseys from 1998-2007. Basically my main purpose was to replicate those in a new, unique way. If you haven't noticed I'm a big fan of traditional jersey designs so this design took me a little out of my comfort zone. However I left the traditional look to the third jersey which is basically an updated version of the Sharks current third jersey. This took a lot of different designs, and redesigns but ultimately, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. What do you think?

2 people like this

Fan-frikin-tabulis-tic!!! Man I really miss the pre-reebok era. These are a great redesign. Very sharp looking, combining the look before the RBK edge and the modern uniforms.

Dang it man, are there any jersey concepts you have made that aren't spectacular?

All three jerseys look absolutely stunning. I didn't think anyone would actually be able to improve the Sharks pre-edge look but that's exactly what you've done. Props for removing the mesh side panels of the teal jersey and making the striping pattern into something more consistant. What really impresses me however, is how well the new logo works here. If the Sharks had done something like this.

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

It love the jersey design, but the grey has to go. Replace it with black, and turn the other black stripes to orange. Other than that, no complaints.