Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

I agree with one of the previous comments about the Sabres set. I love what you've done with the jerseys. But the pants stripe doesn't fit with the rest of the jersey IMO.

Also, I don't mind the "classic" buffalo with modern swords. If anything, maybe give the buffalo some gray detail just on the top of the back or something similar to what the swords have.

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone, I have a new concept to share really quickly.

Ottawa Senators

OttawaSens2.0-JustinCox.png

A while back I did a Sens concept but looking back I hate it. This is my updated version with some significant changes. The biggest one being the change to black which, as I hear, is what most Ottawa fans want. I also added a third jersey which is basically a red version of their current third. I'm going to let the concept do the rest of the talking but let me know what you think in the comments section below. Thanks!

From a HUGE Sens fan....

I Didnt really like the first round of your Sens concepts but LOVE this one !!!

I do like the current third alot so its a tough one on that front, but I'd buy these.

Great job !

• 3 months later...

Hello everbody! Wow... it's been a long time since I've posted here! I took a long hiatus from concepts but I'm back! So alas... three new concepts!

St. Louis Blues

Blues_JustinCox.png

Pretty straight forward concept here. I just wanted to create a more retro third jersey using their circle logo. I really wanted to emphasis the double blue and still showoff that great logo.

Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ_JustinCox.png

So ever since that Columbus concept logo was leaked, I thought it would look cool as stripes on a jersey. Originally I was just going to use my version as arm stripes but I was messing around and tried it as a chest stripe and I kind of liked the way it looked. I know it's really unconventional but I think it could be a cool identity for the Blue Jackets. As an alternate of course. It could also work as a 'Military Appreciation Night' jersey, or something along those lines. I know it's way out of the box, but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

and lastly...

New York Islanders

Islanders_JustinCox.pngI think the Isles' move to Brooklyn in 2015 would be the perfect chance to update their identity. I created a more modern, sleek look here for them. I slightly updated their color palate and created a few new logos for them. The primary honors both their city and team by featuring the Brooklyn Bridge and a lighthouse. The alternate is a nod at the past, with the use of an update 'NY' logo. All in all, I really just wanted to update, and modernize their look.

That's all for today, it's good to be back! Any C&C is much appreciated

That Blues jersey looks absolutely spectacular, best use of that logo I've ever seen on these boards. I'd have no problem with that being the primary home jersey with a matching white.

The Islanders jersey would make a great alternate. Though I wish navy was more prominent on the logos. Would help them stand out. Anyhow, great work as usual

Guest darkpiranha

All three of these are awesome. Love the Blue Jackets design, although I'd like to see what it looks like with their standard blue and red (but keep the stripes gold). Or blue on top and red or white below the gold stripes.

For the Blue Jackets, there's too many sticks all over the place. I would remove the ones on the arms and just keep the ones on the front.

Otherwise, I have zero other complaints about it, because it's an excellent concept.

• 2 weeks later...

Good evening everyone! It hardly seems like it with the new time change. As you all know, I'm a huge Avalanche fan. I was born and still live in Colorado, attend games regularly, and I'll always be an Avalanche fan at heart. In fact, just the other night I was in attendance to witness the Avs break the Blackhawks winning streak. It was such an awesome game to be at and such a great win for my boys in burgandy! But that burgandy uniform... it needs a change ASAP... that's where today's concept comes in!

Colorado Avalanche

Colorado_JustinCox.png

Over time (although not in a long while) I've created tons of Avalanche concepts. The most popular one most people create, is a modern version of their old 'mountain' design. I had a few goals here:

• Bring back the mountains a new, more subtle way.
  • Eliminate black completely - (Except for the puck in the logo)
  • Create a design unique only to the Avalanche.

Overall I think it completes my main goals and would be a solid set for the Avs. What do you think?

Thanks for stopping by! Enjoy your Sunday evening! -Justin

I prefer the first Avs concept but this one is not bad either.

Overall, all your concepts (bar one or two) are brilliant.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Hello everbody! Wow... it's been a long time since I've posted here! I took a long hiatus from concepts but I'm back! So alas... three new concepts!

St. Louis Blues

Blues_JustinCox.png

Pretty straight forward concept here. I just wanted to create a more retro third jersey using their circle logo. I really wanted to emphasis the double blue and still showoff that great logo.

Columbus Blue JacketsCBJ_JustinCox.png

So ever since that Columbus concept logo was leaked, I thought it would look cool as stripes on a jersey. Originally I was just going to use my version as arm stripes but I was messing around and tried it as a chest stripe and I kind of liked the way it looked. I know it's really unconventional but I think it could be a cool identity for the Blue Jackets. As an alternate of course. It could also work as a 'Military Appreciation Night' jersey, or something along those lines. I know it's way out of the box, but I'd love to hear your thoughts!

and lastly...

New York Islanders

Islanders_JustinCox.pngI think the Isles' move to Brooklyn in 2015 would be the perfect chance to update their identity. I created a more modern, sleek look here for them. I slightly updated their color palate and created a few new logos for them. The primary honors both their city and team by featuring the Brooklyn Bridge and a lighthouse. The alternate is a nod at the past, with the use of an update 'NY' logo. All in all, I really just wanted to update, and modernize their look.

That's all for today, it's good to be back! Any C&C is much appreciated

:shocked:

ME LOVEY!!!!!!

Mind also trying with a Neon orange, instead of Burnt Orange???

Every single logo is just perfect!!!

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Hello again everyone. I hope you're all doing well and everyone on the East coast is staying safe from Hurricane Sandy. Let's get right to the concept.

San Jose Sharks

SJSharks-JustinCox.png

I've always been a big fan of all of San Jose's uniforms. Their colors and logos are great and they've always had pretty nice designs. My absolute favorites though, have always been their jerseys from 1998-2007. Basically my main purpose was to replicate those in a new, unique way. If you haven't noticed I'm a big fan of traditional jersey designs so this design took me a little out of my comfort zone. However I left the traditional look to the third jersey which is basically an updated version of the Sharks current third jersey. This took a lot of different designs, and redesigns but ultimately, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. What do you think?

Will disagree with SnowMonster: The 98-07 Sharks should be deleted from history and all database... at least the dark one

maybe it's because I like Orange as a colour...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

• 7 months later...

Hello everybody! I got a bit caught p in school, work and everything else and had to take a bit of hiatus. But I am back with some more concepts! So let's dive right into it.

2014 Stadium Series (Los Angeles)

LAStadiumSeries_JustinCox+copy.png

Here is my newest concept, one for the two California teams playing under the stadium lights this next January. With the Ducks, I went with the rumors and created a predominately orange jersey with some variation of their 'Mighty Duck' oval logo. I also decided to base their jersey off of the infamous 'Wild Wing' alternate. Despite the front design and font, it's actually a great jersey, and I think it could be a great look! For the Kings, I decided to tie a few era together. I stuck with their current color scheme, and that of the Gretzky era, and used a jersey design similar to that of the original Kings. However, the main thing I wanted to do was use a logo they hadn't before. Not like this anyways. I used the crown out of one of their old shield logos because, I think it is very well executed and honestly looks better than their other crown logos. I also wanted to do something else the Kings hadn't. They've used every color in their arsenal as a base color except for silver/grey. Now it may be a hard color to do so, but with the King's scheme and identity, I think they could make it look great. After all, this is Los Angeles, why couldn't there be an orange vs silver game?
What do you think?

Archived