Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love the Lightning. Really clever way of creating the bolt on the hem striping.

where are you seeing a bolt on the hem?

He's probably referring to the front of each jersey.

It's actually just emulated to show the inside of the jersey.

OttawaSenators.png

that's the only way I can make sense out of it, but it brings up a neat idea, what if those hem...diagonal..stripes... were tweaked to look like bolts?

Yeah, that is what I was referring to. I thought it was neat, especially if was done on purpose.

Yeah, that is what I was referring to. I thought it was neat, especially if was done on purpose.

When I first started this concept I tried to do a lightning bolt for the side stripes but it wasn't working out. It either looked really bad one way or like mountains you might see on an Avs jersey the other way.

A lot of people have been creating/posting Phoenix concepts lately so I dug into my files and finished my Coyotes concept. Here it is:

PHX-JustinCox.png

The Coyotes current look isn't terrible but it could definitely use some work. What I don't like about Phoenix's jerseys is that they went from very unique, creative jerseys to a completely bland design. What I wanted to do here was create another unique, desert look without it looking too gaudy. I used the Aztec motif but kept it clean and not too crazy. What do you think? Any C&C is appreciated!

A lot of people have been creating/posting Phoenix concepts lately so I dug into my files and finished my Coyotes concept. Here it is:

PHX-JustinCox.png

The Coyotes current look isn't terrible but it could definitely use some work. What I don't like about Phoenix's jerseys is that they went from very unique, creative jerseys to a completely bland design. What I wanted to do here was create another unique, desert look without it looking too gaudy. I used the Aztec motif but kept it clean and not too crazy. What do you think? Any C&C is appreciated!

Its just the right look for the Coyotes. Its unique without being too out there. Perfect for a team that cannot find an identity.

I like the direction you're taking the Yotes. Reminds me of the concept for them I did, I'm sure you remember them lol, you beat them in the HJC.

I do remember. I actually started creating the Aztec/desert motif after I saw it but could never really complete the design to my liking. Until last night at least.

That is the right look for the Coyotes. The only thing I don't like is how the current font is used for the NOB. It would be best to match the numbers and go with the NHL block font.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

The away socks were irritating me so I made the striping the same as that on the jerseys. BigBubba suggested that I use the block font for the NOB but I just couldn't get it to work to my liking. I'll play around with it a little more. Thanks for the feedback, everybody!

PHXCoyotes-JustinCox.png

Hello everyone. I've been really bust lately but finally got some down time to work on some concepts. As a lot of people requested, here's the Winnipeg Jets.

WPG-JustinCox.png?t=1346524984

This started out as an all navy blue concept until I realized it looked just like a Blue Jackets jersey. But I changed the base color to blue and added some elements from their current uniform set. It was just missing something. I tried stripes, I tried various designs but nothing was working. Then I remembered a concept that used the military wings (in the alternate logo) on arm stripes. I tried using those and they worked beautifully! Afterwards I searched and searched for the concept I was thinking of and finally found it. It was a home/away concept by Steven Grant (SG-94). My concept actually turned out to be very similar to his, totally by accident. Thanks for the inspiration, Steven! I didn't mean to copy you. Any C&C is much appreciated. Have a great long weekend, everyone!

Jets look really solid, I think the light blue is a much better look for them than navy, the sleeve striping is really cool as well. As for what team to tackle next, I think Calgary could be worth a shot.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Archived