Justin's NHL - LA/ANA Stadium Series ADDED

jncox9

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello everyone. Sorry for the somewhat-long absence, life got busy. I have a new concept for you today. It was my entry for HJC's "Make the Burger King logo look better" LA Kings contest. Here it is.

BKKings-JustinCox.png

I've always been a big fan of the Burger King logo but the logo just (obviously) didn't have the jersey to back it up. HJC's newest competition addresses just that and here is my proposal. I wanted to keep it classic and clean while still keeping it unique to Los Angeles and Kings tradition. I also used the design as a way to reincorporate purple back into the color scheme. That included using it as the base color and changing it to royal purple, which I think represents "Kings" better. The shoulder patch is meant to combine the Gretzky era with the current era but I was unable to get the colors and format exactly as I wanted. Overall, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I wouldn't mind seeing the Kings add something like this to their current set. As always feedback is greatly appreciated.

I must say this is one of the best Kings concepts I've seen here in a while. I didn't think the Burger King logo was redeemable but it certainly doesn't look out of place here. The black version of the Chevy logo looks fantastic as a shoulder patch.

I really love this. I personally have always liked the BK logo. I just think it was never executed well and placed on a proper uniform. What you've done here looks great although I think a silver hair with a purple crown would have balanced it out a bit more. Overall, I give it a A-.

NYCFC - MLS CUP CHAMPIONS - 2021

I really love this. I personally have always liked the BK logo. I just think it was never executed well and placed on a proper uniform. What you've done here looks great although I think a silver hair with a purple crown would have balanced it out a bit more. Overall, I give it a A-.

I second this. Please give this one a shot, it might work.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I second this. Please give this one a shot, it might work.

The silver hair definitely works. I'm just not liking the purple crown. Any other ideas? Maybe white?

KingsBK2.png?t=1347999611

I'd say E or maybe D as well. I've always wondered, is that purple part of the E part of the crown, or the King's head? Would the crown look good in black instead? The silver hair works really well but purple for the crown doesn't...

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Here's a few color options I came up with. My personal favorites are A, C, and E. Which one do you think would look best?

BKoptions-1.png?t=1348000408

I like E, but you could have tried making the top look like jewels by using purple on the tip of his crown. Make the rest silver, as well as his beard, a BK will look great!

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

I haven't gotten around to fixing the BK jersey yet but I will! For now here's a new Penguins concept.

Penguins-JustinCox.png

I have to be completely honest with you. I love vegas gold. I just think it looks great with black and white. Very modern and classy as well. HOWEVER... if a city were to have official colors, black and yellow (athletic gold) would be Pittsburgh's. That color scheme represents Pittsburgh's sports identity and the Penguins need to rejoin the club. This is aimed to do just that by combining and modernizing the Lemieux (strong use of athletic gold) era and pre-edge era (angled side stripes) while adding a new, fresh twist to their identity. If you're wondering about the socks, they're based off of Anaheim's alternate socks where the orange comes down from under the pants. The rest of the concept is pretty straight forward. What do you think?

I haven't gotten around to fixing the BK jersey yet but I will! For now here's a new Penguins concept.

Penguins-JustinCox.png

I have to be completely honest with you. I love vegas gold. I just think it looks great with black and white. Very modern and classy as well. HOWEVER... if a city were to have official colors, black and yellow (athletic gold) would be Pittsburgh's. That color scheme represents Pittsburgh's sports identity and the Penguins need to rejoin the club. This is aimed to do just that by combining and modernizing the Lemieux (strong use of athletic gold) era and pre-edge era (angled side stripes) while adding a new, fresh twist to their identity. If you're wondering about the socks, they're based off of Anaheim's alternate socks where the orange comes down from under the pants. The rest of the concept is pretty straight forward. What do you think?

Now that is perfect for the Penguins. I agree with you on vegas gold but like you said the Penguins need to go back to the black and athletic gold. Pittsburgh is the only city where certain colors for its sports (pro) teams really works.

Bold move to sacrifice Vegas gold for athletic gold. I'm on the fence about it because I think Vegas gold isn't as bad as people think, just very poorly utilized in their current unis, but I can see your reasoning behind the switch. Great set here and great series overall!

If you're taking any suggestions, might I suggest the Blues with sublimated arches on the front of the uniforms? Your execution is great and I bet you could find a way to make it look classy.

Midway.png

I'm with everyone else that if the Penguins weren't located in Pittsburgh, the black and Vegas gold would be fine if executed well. However, as a Pittsburgh team, the black and yellow is a much better fit. Nice job uniting the skating penguin with the old color scheme.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Penguins-JustinCox.png

I agree.

As for the jersey, have all my money. Nice to see the Robo-Penguin in proper gold again, and it goes to show that Pittsburgh can wear a relatively modern template with justice.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

Archived