2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Yeah, I'd heard that about the Knicks too.

Are Portland getting their new unis this year or next? For that matter, are they just changing the unis, or going for a full rebrand? I've heard rumours of both...

I thought this ever since the Rip City jersey debuted, but if they were to switch uniforms then they really have to go with that design except with a different front script of course. It only makes sense, it's got the modern vibe and looks pretty great, especially the silver being very prominent.

iyLmBzo71e61h.png

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are Portland getting their new unis this year or next? For that matter, are they just changing the unis, or going for a full rebrand? I've heard rumours of both...

Knicks should lose the black and wear their throwbacks full time.

No, just remove the black from the currents, if anything. The deeper blue and orange of the currents look so much better than the dull, faded colors on the throwbacks.

Well whatever their colors are now would work.. I just meant lose the black and go blue orange and white.

Although I like the general design of the throwbacks, they simply do not look good on the current players. Everything's too baggy and loose. It makes for too much "empty" space on some of the players (especially the shorts).

I thought this ever since the Rip City jersey debuted, but if they were to switch uniforms then they really have to go with that design except with a different front script of course. It only makes sense, it's got the modern vibe and looks pretty great, especially the silver being very prominent.

iyLmBzo71e61h.png

Yeah, that's a nice-looking uni (bar the superfluous under-collar logo). I just have a hard time picturing the Blazers in anything other than the diagonal stripes.

iyLmBzo71e61h.png

Yeah, that's a nice-looking uni (bar the superfluous under-collar logo). I just have a hard time picturing the Blazers in anything other than the diagonal stripes.

That Blazer jersey would be a good way to modernize their set, give it a fresh look without it going anywhere over the top.

The diagonal striping has become synonymous with the Blazers, their identity so-to-speak. It's about like the Yankees and their pinstripes, only maybe not as historical. They've done a good job of updating their uniforms over the years while maintaining the look. It does NOT need to go.

iyLmBzo71e61h.png

This is definitely the way to go. This should be it.

Nah, the sash is kind of the Trail Blazers' "thing" now, like McCall said. That template could easily be the Raptors, or it could be almost anyone.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Then the sash should be executed in a more modern way, beacuse the way it is now feels old-fashioned.

Maybe it could be tapered kind of how the intersecting marks in the logo are. Not sure if that'd look good though. The most recent incarnation of it added a small silver stripe to it, I think that 'modernized' it enough.

I am pretty sure the Clipper will unveil the new blue alternate because they wore the other one pretty consistently (been a die hard clipper fan since I was 5 so I hardly miss a game) and I even found a site a few months ago selling what look like knock offs because there was already a Chris Paul Blue one and it was in the same template as the new jerseys and boy does it look gorgeous

So excited for this clipper season blue alternate or not

Odom returns to his rightful L.A. team (he was ours first)

Billups coming back

Signed Crawford

Griffin extended

(you have to excuse me I've only witnessed two winning seasons and been a fan since I was 5 with the '99 season

-

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Don't know if I missed it or if you guys missed it, but the claw mark is gone from the back of the Raptors red jerseys, replaced by the maple leaf.

tumblr_m6em6b0SGT1qd80r9o1_1280.jpg

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

No, just remove the black from the currents, if anything. The deeper blue and orange of the currents look so much better than the dull, faded colors on the throwbacks.

This

image.jpg

Looks better than this?

anthonyx-large.jpg

Strange how no one can seem to get a handle on if they are actually getting new jerseys

Don't know if I missed it or if you guys missed it, but the claw mark is gone from the back of the Raptors red jerseys, replaced by the maple leaf.

tumblr_m6em6b0SGT1qd80r9o1_1280.jpg

Yeah you missed it. They replaced it with the leaf two years ago.

Strange how no one can seem to get a handle on if they are actually getting new jerseys

They are planning on new jerseys. In the NBA Store website clearance section, the Knicks have the most items with 63. The Nets are second with 44.

http://store.nba.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2712351&ab=HP_BSPOT_CLEARANCE

This

image.jpg

Looks better than this?

anthonyx-large.jpg

Everytime I look at the throwbacks, I can't help but feel they just look wrong. I mean, I love the design; those were the jerseys I grew up with. But, something just seems off about them. I keep thinking they look too baggy, but at least in those pics, they don't seem any worse than the current one. The shorts are definitely baggier, and that contributes to the dissonance, but there's something else that's just "off" about the reproductions that I cant put my finger on.

They are planning on new jerseys. In the NBA Store website clearance section, the Knicks have the most items with 63. The Nets are second with 44.

http://store.nba.com/category/index.jsp?categoryId=2712351&ab=HP_BSPOT_CLEARANCE

I wouldnt necessarily say that's indicative of anything, we haven't heard a peep from reporters or sources even.

Am i the only one who likes black in Knicks jersey? I usually prefer retros but in this case i think black makes the jerseys look more sharp.

imo only thing Knicks really need to do is change the design on the shorts, which doesn't really go with the rest of the jersey:

Landry+Fields+New+York+Knicks+v+Denver+Nuggets+sNhX_7ky0DJl.jpg

This

image.jpg

Looks better than this?

anthonyx-large.jpg

Everytime I look at the throwbacks, I can't help but feel they just look wrong. I mean, I love the design; those were the jerseys I grew up with. But, something just seems off about them. I keep thinking they look too baggy, but at least in those pics, they don't seem any worse than the current one. The shorts are definitely baggier, and that contributes to the dissonance, but there's something else that's just "off" about the reproductions that I cant put my finger on.

It is true they look baggy... The Knicks added black in 95-96 just as uniforms were getting baggy. So for the most part the Knicks never really wore a baggy version if the non-black unis. I wouldn't mind if they had some stripes like the current ones do but just not black. White with blue stripes orange trim and blue with orange stripes white trim.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Archived