2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

Perhaps a leftover from when the Knicks added maroon to the color scheme?

Umm...what? The Knicks added maroon at one point?

The Knicks changed their colours to Maroon & Navy in 1979, but went back to the classic blue & orange in 1983. That was when they wore the unis with the team/city name under the numbers:

gl_g_mrrts_576.jpg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps a leftover from when the Knicks added maroon to the color scheme?

Umm...what? The Knicks added maroon at one point?

The Knicks changed their colours to Maroon & Navy in 1979, but went back to the classic blue & orange in 1983. That was when they wore the unis with the team/city name under the numbers:

gl_g_mrrts_576.jpg

I freaking love these uniforms.

Anywho, on the Suns new logo and script, I'm gonna muse everyone else: logo looks like crap, script looks awesome.

spacer.png

Suns have a new logo up on their website. That one flew under the radar.

This?

spacer.gif

That's not new. But that's the only logo I see on their site so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Actually the logo on the Suns' site is new.

New

29asa3m.jpg

Old

hsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gif

The shading effect has been removed from the basketball, the head of the phoenix has been altered, black is more prominent, and the PHX font has been changed, in addition to adding silver shading to it.

Also, this is the image you get when you go to the Suns' website....

sunsorange2.png

So yeah, a change is coming. It can't get here fast enough. While I'm not keen on minimizing the purple anything that does away with the grey is a move in the right direction.

Not sure if this is a leak or not but here's the Suns uniforms in the new 2k13 trailer. It looks like they got rid of the oval behind the numbers and it looks like a new collar.Other that that they look the same.You might have to watch the trailer for a better look.

phoenixsunsnewuniforms.png

phoenixsunsnewuniforms2.png

Suns have a new logo up on their website. That one flew under the radar.

This?

spacer.gif

That's not new. But that's the only logo I see on their site so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

Actually the logo on the Suns' site is new.

New

29asa3m.jpg

Old

hsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gif

The shading effect has been removed from the basketball, the head of the phoenix has been altered, black is more prominent, and the PHX font has been changed, in addition to adding silver shading to it.

sunsorange2.png

So yeah, a change is coming. It can't get here fast enough. While I'm not keen on minimizing the purple anything that does away with the grey is a move in the right direction.

Ah, I see now. Good eye.

Not sure if this is a leak or not but here's the Suns uniforms in the new 2k13 trailer. It looks like they got rid of the oval behind the numbers and it looks like a new collar.Other that that they look the same.You might have to watch the trailer for a better look.

That looks to be the exact same collar they've been using since the switch to Rev30, and I think the blurry effect on the video is just obscuring the oval behind the numbers.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

That looks to be the exact same collar they've been using since the switch to Rev30, and I think the blurry effect on the video is just obscuring the oval behind the numbers.

I hope those are just one of the game's throwback sets -- if that new secondary logo on the Suns' website is accurate, then the wordmarks on the depicted uniforms don't match at all.

Are we in agreement that the Phoenix Suns logo from 1992 to 2000 are better than the current? I loved those.

5329.gif

Great logo, great script and best use of gradients in ports logo history. The PHX bird logo and unnecessary inclusion of gray are another example of why the Nets identity is considered great, when it's only great relative to the crappiness of most of the rest of the league.

sunsorange2.png

Not sure that means a change is coming, or that the gray is leaving. "Planet orange" and other plays on orange have been a big part of their marketing over the past season or two.

While I'm not keen on minimizing the purple anything that does away with the grey is a move in the right direction.

Actually, I wouldn't mind the Suns going with a Clemson-esque color distribution, using orange as the main color and purple for trim. There's already two other purple teams in the division.

I wouldn't mind that either, provided that they balance the purple with black. It's weird, I'm fine with just purple and orange if purple is the dominant colour. If orange is the dominant colour, though, I think a little black goes a long way.

sunsorange2.png

Not sure that means a change is coming, or that the gray is leaving. "Planet orange" and other plays on orange have been a big part of their marketing over the past season or two.

Actually I would say it hints even further at a change. Teams usually have to notify leagues and manufacturers two years or so in advance if they want to change their look. So they could have made the decision to change things up back in 2010, and they've been prepping the fanbase with the "Planet Orange" stuff in the meantime.

Archived