2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Cavs home yellows

Those look really nice. I would love to see them wear those at home like the Lakers do with their yellow uniforms.

They can only as an alternate, not a primary home.

And that rule is a disgrace (and perhaps another example of the league setting the Lakers apart from every other team.)

New Cavs home yellows

Those look really nice. I would love to see them wear those at home like the Lakers do with their yellow uniforms.

I think Dan Gilbert mentioned on a broadcast that they petitioned the league to wear gold at home. No word on the result. The tweets made it sound like they are only wearing them opening night, or in other words, not on a regular basis.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

New Cavs home yellows

I think Dan Gilbert mentioned on a broadcast that they petitioned the league to wear gold at home. No word on the result. The tweets made it sound like they are only wearing them opening night, or in other words, not on a regular basis.

I remember him saying that, but I think I actually like the whites better so I'm not disappointed by the rule. I like the golds, and even though most people hate the shortened nicknames, I think the Cavs can pull it off. Does the NBA have a rule about how often they are allowed to wear an alternate?

Hopefully I can buy one of these, since I'm still pissed the blue jerseys from last year sold out in a day.

It's too bad the Cavs can't wear these full-time at home. I really think them and the Warriors would benefit from wearing yellow at home. I imagine they'll at least wear them the majority of the time if since Gilbert has said he petitioned to wear them at home full-time.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Looks good. I'm beginning to like the current Cavs set much more than the LeBron era.

Agreed. They're much simpler and classier, IMO.

They certainly look cheaper.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Looks good. I'm beginning to like the current Cavs set much more than the LeBron era.

Agreed. They're much simpler and classier, IMO.

They certainly look cheaper.

amen. simpler is not better in this case. the Bron-Cavs unis were the best "modern" unis of the last 10-15 years, imo.

New

29asa3m.jpg

Old

hsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gif

The shading effect has been removed from the basketball, the head of the phoenix has been altered, black is more prominent, and the PHX font has been changed, in addition to adding silver shading to it.

Never knew that was supposed to be a Phoenix! Mind blown.

The old one looks nothing like a phoenix. The new one actually does.

New

29asa3m.jpg

Old

hsfhrcipet4824xusge04tghr.gif

The shading effect has been removed from the basketball, the head of the phoenix has been altered, black is more prominent, and the PHX font has been changed, in addition to adding silver shading to it.

Never knew that was supposed to be a Phoenix! Mind blown.

The old one looks nothing like a phoenix. The new one actually does.

I see a phoenix in both. It's a great secondary, though.

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

The late-'90s Cavs uniforms were STILL better than anything they've worn before or since. A powder blue alternate would have looked amazing.

I know you love putting crazy opinions out there, but... the Kemp-era blue-lighting mess? Seriously?

The Cavs' current look is terribly boring. I understand that they want to distance themselves from the LeBron era for some reason, but that look was easily the best they've ever had, and would still be a top-tier look in the league if they had kept it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I'm partial to the uniform set just before LeBron. Very simple. The color set was a thing of beauty. A light blue alternate jersey would have been spectacular.

I think a set based around this CavFanatic uniform would take the cake, easy. Perfect blending of eras.

2011-cavfanatic.png

Edit: on topic, i really like that new Cavaliers alt. Expected though.

As for the BKN court, its beautiful.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

The late-'90s Cavs uniforms were STILL better than anything they've worn before or since. A powder blue alternate would have looked amazing.

I know you love putting crazy opinions out there, but... the Kemp-era blue-lighting mess? Seriously?

The Cavs' current look is terribly boring. I understand that they want to distance themselves from the LeBron era for some reason, but that look was easily the best they've ever had, and would still be a top-tier look in the league if they had kept it.

They already had the new uniforms designed before "The Decision", so it has nothing to do with distancing themselves from anything. If anything it made them even more similar to the old wine and gold uniforms from before the blue/orange mess. Which never looked good.

New pictures of the Nets court.

487578_10151029522471006_728806060_n.jpg

It's a great looking court. The fact that it's well done graphically makes the pattern work that much better.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

I'm partial to the uniform set just before LeBron. Very simple. The color set was a thing of beauty. A light blue alternate jersey would have been spectacular.

I think a set based around this CavFanatic uniform would take the cake, easy. Perfect blending of eras.

2011-cavfanatic.png

Oh yes, 1,000 times yes. A set based on this would've easily been tops in franchise history. That color set is still my favorite in Cavs history.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived