2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

ain't bad but it doesn't beat the likes of the nike designed kobe, kd, and lebron

I'd have to disagree with that. This logo is executed really well and is symbolic on multiple levels. Lebron and KD's is just their initials. Not that those are bad logos, but I feel that this one is designed much better.

Am I missing something obvious? Where in Kobe's logo is his initials? I can't believe i've never noticed this before if that's the case.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Logos that contain numbers are just flat out stupid. For one thing, it's a very lazy approach (so is initials, sort of) and for another thing it has to change if the guy gets traded or signs somewhere else and his number changes.

The "Vick 7" clothing line is a perfect example. This is probably Vick's last season with the Eagles, and he'll certainly get a job somewhere next year... but maybe not as 7.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

ain't bad but it doesn't beat the likes of the nike designed kobe, kd, and lebron

I'd have to disagree with that. This logo is executed really well and is symbolic on multiple levels. Lebron and KD's is just their initials. Not that those are bad logos, but I feel that this one is designed much better.

Am I missing something obvious? Where in Kobe's logo is his initials? I can't believe i've never noticed this before if that's the case.

He said LeBron and KD's is just their initials. Not Kobe's.

Yeah, Lebrons are just his initials.

lebron_james_vector_logo-300x201.jpg SMFH

lebron9-dunkman-26-web-white.jpg

On his most signature shoe

nike-lebron-9-dunkman-3.jpg

nike-lebron-8-ps-dunkman-011.jpg

From his first ever dunk

news_dunkman1-sac.jpg

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

From his first ever dunk

news_dunkman1-sac.jpg

You do realize that's not even relatively close to being a silhouette of that particular dunk, right? Look at the legs.

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't feel Kobe's, Lebron's or Durant's logos are very good. Come to think of it. there aren't a lot of athlete logos that I do like. Most of them seem forced in the way they combine imagery, letters and numerals.

Regarding the D-Rose logo, I could be wrong, but having worked on the project, to me the shape of that counter is just a way to make clear that it's a D rather than an O, as opposed to being a 1. Check out the designer.

From his first ever dunk

news_dunkman1-sac.jpg

So, his actual logo is just riding the Jordan brand coattails?

‏@UniWatch

Spurs will unveil new alternate jersey tomorrow afternoon. It'll be worn for the home opener vs. OKC.

I think it's just silver version of what they have now, also is there any news on the new clips alt that was mention before?

As far as I know, it's not a silver version of what they have.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

From his first ever dunk

news_dunkman1-sac.jpg

You do realize that's not even relatively close to being a silhouette of that particular dunk, right? Look at the legs.

I just realized they changed the logo when they updated his package, it used to be the same. I guess they updated it to reflect his signature dunk pattern rather then what his first was. Both are great logos.

This is what it used to be before 2010-

ku95max-dsc02272.jpg

5cd0422806939bbe71c4668bc7e4fd92.gif

Suns' new floor

229899_10151152689593996_1951006274_n.jpg

I saw this today on Facebook. While it's just the (possibly unfinished) wordmark, I'm not really feeling it. Hopefully when it's all together with the logos, it will look better. It just looks like the late-90s Rockets to me right now.

The Suns' wordmarks used to be "famous" for being the same mark whether it was upside down or rightside up, and this new one goes kinda goes back to that idea, but the beveling gets in the way.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So I guess this means they ARE getting new uniforms this year? It'd make no sense to change the logos, wordmarks, and color distribution, but then trot out the same old outdated uniforms, right?

I wouldn't be shocked if they didn't change this year. They're going to do what the Knicks did last year and annoy us all with the inconsistency.

Also, It's about damn time the Spurs get a silver alternate.

bSLCtu2.png

I just realized they changed the logo when they updated his package, it used to be the same. I guess they updated it to reflect his signature dunk pattern rather then what his first was. Both are great logos.

This is what it used to be before 2010-

ku95max-dsc02272.jpg

It's possible either one would be great if either one was ownable or original, but the idea has been done so many times before, and the most famous example is one of history's top 3 most successful pieces of sports branding. There's just no way the term 'great logo' can be tossed around for Lebron's silhouette logo. I don't even think there's been enough of a push to make that pose iconic or even recognizable as a signature Lebron pose. For something like this to work, there needs to be a lot of marketing put behind it to make it work. This feels very, "Hey, it worked for MJ. Let's do it again." Very unlike Nike.

So I guess this means they ARE getting new uniforms this year? It'd make no sense to change the logos, wordmarks, and color distribution, but then trot out the same old outdated uniforms, right?

Isn't that what the Knicks just did last year/this year?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That silhouette is not LeBron's official logo, the previously posted LJ crown logo is. The silhouette is only on the back of that particular colorway and one other of the LeBron 9's because they're called the LeBron 9 "Dunkmans." All the other colorways have the LJ crown logo on the back

I suppose that's a good thing, but I've never been enamored with the LJ logo either, or the L23 one that preceded it. I think it would have been stronger from the get go to isolate the crown and run with that.

Archived