2012-13 NBA Logo & Uniform changes

Conrad.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

120919_jersey_300x450.jpg

WHOA!

I like the "SA" monogram, but not quite sure of the radical front...a bit too "TATC" for me.

Agree it may be a little "TATC", but knowing the NBA, next year 2 or 3 more teams may sport the same look. Someone make sure the creative dept in Charlotte doesn't see this. :lol:

As for the look itself, I actually really like it....

The only thing I don't like about these are that the logo is too far away from the number. Bring the logo up more, and it'll be perfect.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

I was kind of intrigued to see what the Spurs were gonna do when I heard about them getting an alternate (Fauxback with black lettering/numbers-on-black jersey was my guess, like Cujo was thinking. As long as it wasn't something similar to the Puffy Mavericks jerseys, I'd be happy), and it definitely delivered on the excitement. Didn't think I'd see the Spurs try something like this, but it actually works. It's the big-logo'ness of the 90s without the tacky gradients or crazy striping. A happy medium, and it looks pretty good. Pleasant surprise.

I was kind of intrigued to see what the Spurs were gonna do when I heard about them getting an alternate (Fauxback with black lettering/numbers-on-black jersey was my guess, like Cujo was thinking. As long as it wasn't something similar to the Puffy Mavericks jerseys, I'd be happy), and it definitely delivered on the excitement. Didn't think I'd see the Spurs try something like this, but it actually works. It's the big-logo'ness of the 90s without the tacky gradients or crazy striping. A happy medium, and it looks pretty good. Pleasant surprise.

I almost think this would look better if they made the spur take more of the jersey space.

rbze43.jpg

23vhpba.jpg11r3n9f.jpg

i really can't decide if i love it or hate it.

my only real problem with it is something THIS out-of-the-box kind of clashes with the rest of san antonio's identity.

that said, i do enjoy that it's unique. and like many of you have said, i'm sure we'll see plenty of copy cats in the near future.

overall, i'd like to see it on the court. but it feels very '90s to me.

sig2024.png

i really can't decide if i love it or hate it.

my only real problem with it is something THIS out-of-the-box kind of clashes with the rest of san antonio's identity.

that said, i do enjoy that it's unique. and like many of you have said, i'm sure we'll see plenty of copy cats in the near future.

overall, i'd like to see it on the court. but it feels very '90s to me.

Please Lord don't let there be copycats of this jersey!

I bet they plan on putting ads on their jerseys. Look at all that space.

:wacko: Where is the usable space? Putting ads anyone on the jersey is terrible. Putting them in any of the open space currently present is just atrocious.

-Under the Spur?: Horrible.

-Opposite the Numeral?: More Horrible.

- Under the number on the back? Most Horrible.

WHOA!

I like the "SA" monogram, but not quite sure of the radical front...a bit too "TATC" for me.

These look like a fashion knock-off jersey that you would see at a swap meet or a wal-mart.

I like em, but the number on the front needs to go. It's unique like the Suns jerseys of the 90's ( they emphasised there logo on the front, remember?)

That's my problem (along with everyone else) with all of them. By not completing the collar it makes it 1 billion times sillier looking.

WHOA!

That's... insane. But in a good way! Sure, it's a bit incongruous with the Spurs' conservative unis, but I like it. It's bold, new, totally unexpected, and a perfect throwback to the crazy unis back in the ABA days.

Archived