Lycan38's NHL - Senators Added

Lycan38

Thanks for the feedback (as always).

Colorado Avalanche (update)

COLAvalanche1B.png

Dropped the vintage white. Brought back silver and changed the striping to the home and road jerseys. Added a alternate home option.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now THAT is a nice concept. The maroon looks fantastic, the white is alright (the striping looks odd, but that's probably simple personal preference), and with the exception of the logo (I never liked that logo as anything more than a 90s secondary) the third jersey is INCREDIBLE. Seriously, I'd buy that in an instant, because it really pops. Nice work.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

For the alt I was inspired by their current 3rd's sleeve striping. Looked at it thought it would look much better if it went white, maroon, white, etc. Turns out it does, its amazing how a small tweak can make such a difference.

How true it is. That's a beauty, and unique without being "out there" Great jersey. That's one that people would buy not because of any affiliation with the team, but because it looks cool. Wish I would've thought of it haha

Just noticed the maroon socks, I can't say I'm a fan of that. I'd sooner see maroon pants than that, or perhaps striping on the third's pants would differentiate it enough to not be a solid blue uniform

The only nitpick that I have with the Av's jerseys is that the shoulder yoke and the primary stripe color on the arms and hem are different... just looks off to me

Just noticed it, will fix it. Surprised I didn't catch it before I posted it.

Looks so much better with normal white in place of that dark shade of vintage white.

That alternate is pretty darn nice! The colors and everything go very well together. I'm just unsure about the red sox, considering how everything else is blue.

Finally finished my updating. Hopefully I have the color issue sorted.

Colorado Avalanche (update-2)

COLAvalanche1C.png

The more I looked at the striping on the body the more I hated it. So, went back and evened it out. Looks much better now. Also, swapped colors on the sock and pants on alternate. As well as a logo change.

Edit: Heres a white version of the alt.

COLAvalancheAltWhite.png

Not a fan of the Avs - the concept is much too old-fashioned for a '90s expansion team. It's pretty much impossible to top their pre-Edge sweaters, IMO.

Those were some great sweaters. I just think the days where we see something like what they and Dallas wore are gone. Teams now (it seems) are more inclined to stick with what works. In regards to new home,road, and alternates...well, unless you are the Islanders. Anyway, got a couple more concepts...including those Islanders.

Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJ1.png

Columbus has some of the best colors in the league, IMO. There is a good deal of potential for some good with the Jackets. The striping for was inspired partly by the striping in the tunnel of the Nationwide Arena on NHL 12. Unsure if its actually like that in real life. Used the font from their 3rd (which I like..the font that is). Combined their current primary and their alternative and darkened the colors.

New York Islanders

NYIslanders.png

For this I looked towards their look from 98-07 and tried to modernize it a bit. Used the current colors and added an additional stripe to vary it a bit from the Wilds current 3rd. Added 4 stripes to the collar for their Stanley Cups.

Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJ1.png

Nice mash-up of the two Blue Jackets logos!

I would add some silver in the stripes of the jersey. If there's silver in the little details, there should be some on the bulk of the jersey too.

One thing I've noticed: Don't feel like the name has to be confined to the nameplate that's on the template. In fact, that's usually one of the first thing I delete from templates when I start working. There are some cases is this series where it feels like you're sacrificing readability on the NOBs for the sake of fitting it in that box. Delete it and let those names breathe a little.

Columbus Blue Jackets

CBJ1.png

Nice mash-up of the two Blue Jackets logos!

I would add some silver in the stripes of the jersey. If there's silver in the little details, there should be some on the bulk of the jersey too.

Yeah, I plan on adding some silver to the jersey. Just unsure of where at this time. This Jackets concept is actually an update of my original concept. Heres the original.

Columbus Blue Jackets (original version)

CBJ.png

Over did it with the stars and fixed that with the updated version.

@officeglenn

I get what you are saying. For the most part I keep the nob on the template for placement purposes. Will try something new with it in the future.

This is the first thing I thought of when I saw that updated road jersey you made. Don't take it the wrong way, it's actually the reason why I love it and find it really cool looking! I like that version better than the first version. You can definitely re-work it if you want to improve it, but it's a really good start.

Also, the simplified starless CB logo doesn't look too shabby either, although I'm unsure if the regular logo would look better on that particular jersey. Because the logo is a bit plain to me now.

LOL, Super Dave. I totally didn't notice that when I was updating it.

Made a few tweaks.

Columbus Blue Jackets (update)

CBJ2.png

Tried different combinations with the striping when I attempted to add silver. Ultimately didn't find any combo that I liked. So, decided to switch up the font color (which I think looks better in silver now), the collar, and stars on the home jersey.

Edit: Did some editing of my Ottawa Senators concept (was featured on HJC).

Ottawa Senators (original)

OTTSens.png

Ottawa Senators (updated version)

OTTSens1.png

Go for sand colored numbers with the brick red outline on the Coyotes' third. Already there are vision issues with the board shrinking the image down, so it would be worse in real life.

Otherwise, this is a solid set of concepts. You're clearly thinking these through more and coming up with some great stuff. Keep it going

Thanks for the feedback. Will do some updating to the Senators and Coyotes when I have the chance. Right now, I am focusing my attention on my entry into the Peoria Rivermen jersey design contest.

Taking a break from working on my entry into the Rivermen Contest. Did some updating to the Coyotes.

Phoenix Coyotes

PHXCoyotes1a.png

Fixed the font color on the home alternate option.

Buffalo Sabres

BUFSabres1.png

Made slight tweaks to the current home and road sets. Created a new home option as the current one has been retired. Also, recreated the slug era look and tweaked it to what (as a Sabres fan) would've been much more acceptable.

Winter Classic (Detriot and Toronto)

2013wc1.png

Archived