2012-3 CHL uniform/logo thread

OMMF

Our first alumni weekend begins with an Alumni Dinner Friday evening (August 10) at 7:00 pm at Comcast Arena?s Edward D. Hansen Conference Center (limit 200 guests). You?ll have the chance to dine and chat with the former Silvertips player in attendance during the largest gathering of former ?Tips to date. The dinner will feature a very special unveiling ceremony to reveal the new 10th Anniversary logo and uniforms the Silvertips will introduce for the 2012-13 WHL season.

So there is at least one team unveiling a new logo and jersey for this coming season. Anyone else?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our first alumni weekend begins with an Alumni Dinner Friday evening (August 10) at 7:00 pm at Comcast Arena’s Edward D. Hansen Conference Center (limit 200 guests). You’ll have the chance to dine and chat with the former Silvertips player in attendance during the largest gathering of former ‘Tips to date. The dinner will feature a very special unveiling ceremony to reveal the new 10th Anniversary logo and uniforms the Silvertips will introduce for the 2012-13 WHL season.

So there is at least one team unveiling a new logo and jersey for this coming season. Anyone else?

I guess just a reminder that Mississauga changed their name to the Steelheads... I'm still wrapping my head around that name :wacko:

logo-steelheads.png

I saw, I came, I left.

BennettMcKeown3928.jpg

Lets not forget about Kingston and their new duds... Anyone have a better picture?

IMG_61501037.JPG
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 3 weeks later...

Mississauga tweeted their uniforms:

Ay0GgK-CQAA_ssy.png

My theory is that they think they'll get some Leafs fans to come aboard by including a blue leaf in the logo.

Judging by the jerseys, it seems like that's exactly what they were trying to do.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

That lighthouse logo is a thing of beauty.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ay0GgK-CQAA_ssy.png

My theory is that they think they'll get some Leafs fans to come aboard by including a blue leaf in the logo.

Judging by the jerseys, it seems like that's exactly what they were trying to do.

Alana Davidson

Jul 27, 2012

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

FRIDAY, JULY 27th, 2012

Mississauga Steelheads Unveil Home and Away Jerseys

Mississauga, ONT – With the hockey season fast approaching, the Mississauga Steelheads of the Ontario Hockey League (OHL) are proud to release their highly anticipated home and away jerseys for the 2012-2013 season. After releasing the official team colours last month, the final layer to the Steelheads brand is now in place. Following an approval process with the National Hockey League (NHL), the team is proud to wear the iconic Blue and White Leafs jerseys for the upcoming season.

Staying true to the Toronto Maple Leafs Blue and White, the Steelheads will be wearing the traditional “Leafs look” from head to toe for the 2012-2013 season. In addition to the Steelheads team logo, the jerseys will feature a secondary logo which will be the shoulder patch on both the home and away jerseys. The “M” depicts the Port Credit light house with protruding beams of light, paying homage to one of the City’s most recognizable landmarks.

For those looking to secure their piece of Steelhead history, the team will be offering a pre-order for fans looking to order their official Mississauga Steelheads jersey. As a bonus, the first 100 fans to place their order will have the chance to get their jersey signed by a current Steelhead player of their choice! For more details on the pre-order, visit the Steelheads office at the Hershey Centre or email info@mississaugasteelheads.com .

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Ay0GgK-CQAA_ssy.png

To be honest, I like these jerseys even better than the Majors jerseys.

Also, I found what might be Tri-Cities 25th anniversary logo.

I don't know to many teams off the top of my head that may have an anniversary logo, but I know Kitchener will probably have one for their 50th anniversary.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

• 2 weeks later...

I was on the Owen Sound Attack website and the fan poll asked the question: What 3rd Jersey would you like to see the Attack wear next?

White Mercury's

Early Platers (89-95)

Later Platers (95-99)

Black version of current jersey

Other

That could be a hint that they will have a new alternate jersey next season. To be honest, I hope they go with the later Platers jerseys. I don't know why, but I like those jerseys better.

Vote here: http://www.attackhockey.com/

At the bottom of the page under fan poll.

Sporting Venue Count (for games): OHL: 19 (28 Total)- 770 games (after 18-19),

MLB: 13 (15 Total), NHL: 4

Archived