Oklahoma City Thunder Black Uniform

KidBro

No. The Thunder need to start marketing themselves as the NBAs orange team (since the suns decided to start using grey all the time). They need an Orange alt, not a black one. A black one would make their already generic set more generic.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

The black jersey that Russell Westbrook's dad was wearing during the Finals looks way better than that.

I can't find any pictures, but it said Thunder instead of Oklahoma City and the letters were black with a light blue outline.

I know what you're talking about - it was pretty legit.

Basically all black with that electric blue outlining everything.. right?

TBH though, I think an orange alt. would be more fitting and unique - how many other teams wear orange? Just Phoenix...

Sooner fans can get over it.

One: it's not the same orange as Ok St or Texas.

Two: It's a completely different level of competition, the two should have nothing to do with eachother.

I am a Sooner fan and a Thunder fan and I've been hoping for an orange alt since the day they moved to OKC. It's the best option we have for an alt. I don't want BFBS, navy blue is hardly ever used in the Thunder identity, except as an accent, and I've never been a fan of yellow unis (sorry Lakers).

The black jersey that Russell Westbrook's dad was wearing during the Finals looks way better than that.

I can't find any pictures, but it said Thunder instead of Oklahoma City and the letters were black with a light blue outline.

You mean this one?

3a47493bdcb648e9bc8e4020a9985776.jpg

The answer is ditching all of their current scripts and logos, and start over. To represent "Thunder" use lightning bolts in some way on the logos or uniforms. Black and yellow color scheme with some grey. This is what I've always wanted to see from OKC. To me, mismatched powder blue, orange, and navy does not say "Thunder."

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

Two: It's a completely different level of competition, the two should have nothing to do with eachother.

I am a Sooner fan and a Thunder fan and I've been hoping for an orange alt since the day they moved to OKC. It's the best option we have for an alt. I don't want BFBS, navy blue is hardly ever used in the Thunder identity, except as an accent, and I've never been a fan of yellow unis (sorry Lakers).

Bad marketing idea there...tell a fanbase to get over it. That will sell a lot of jerseys.

10cnl9t.jpg

1072szc.jpg

I get what you're saying, but back when the Bucks wore purple, one of the main criticisms from the fanbase was "why would you have a team in Packers country wearing the Vikings' color?" Not to mention the whole deal with the Falcons and their gold helmet stripes.

I could be wrong, seeing as how the Thunder's orange isn't "Texas Orange" and I never got the impression that OU fans have thought much of Okie State since the Barry Sanders/Thurman Thomas days, but it's a valid concern nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure that the official orange is some sort of red-orange that is supposed to be a hybrid of OU and OSU's primary colors. It must be a difficult color to match, because it is often represented -- even on about half the merchandise in the team store -- as a run-of-the-mill orange. The same is true for the electric/shampoo blue, which manufacturers sometimes reduce to royal.

I'm pretty sure that the official orange is some sort of red-orange that is supposed to be a hybrid of OU and OSU's primary colors. It must be a difficult color to match, because it is often represented -- even on about half the merchandise in the team store -- as a run-of-the-mill orange. The same is true for the electric/shampoo blue, which manufacturers sometimes reduce to royal.

You are right... the "orange" is actually a mixture of orange and crimson to show homage to both schools, and the light blue, "Oklahoma Blue", is the same French Blue color of the Oklahoma State flag.

StadiumSig.gif

Archived