Seems Miami is in trouble again

Geoff

Can we just, like, shut down Miami's football program already? If anything, just so they can stop embarrassing themselves.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Seeing as how they aren't covering up child rape, I'll give it a pass.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Yeah, even though all of the Nevin Shapiro stuff smacks of SMU 2.0, it really seems insignificant next to the Penn State scandal.

That's not to say that Miami shouldn't be severely punished for what they've done.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I mean, I just don't care anymore. The most chest-thumpingly clean and virtuous program in the country knowingly let children get raped on its premises for over a decade to avoid any inconvenient speed bumps. Pay the players, give their relatives cars and jobs, take recruits on poon cruises, whatever. For the most part, these are kids shortening their life spans for a 500:1 shot at the NFL and the privilege of furthering a multi-billion dollar "amateur" industry, with not much waiting on the other side if they don't make it.

The only reason to get worked up about this variety of violation any more is if you're a fan of a rival school, and if that's the case, you're as :censored: as the collegiate football system is.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

They still broke the rules, though. Someone committing mass murder doesn't mean a serial larcenist gets off scot-free.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I mean, I just don't care anymore. The most chest-thumpingly clean and virtuous program in the country knowingly let children get raped on its premises for over a decade to avoid any inconvenient speed bumps. Pay the players, give their relatives cars and jobs, take recruits on poon cruises, whatever. For the most part, these are kids shortening their life spans for a 500:1 shot at the NFL and the privilege of furthering a multi-billion dollar "amateur" industry, with not much waiting on the other side if they don't make it.

The only reason to get worked up about this variety of violation any more is if you're a fan of a rival school, and if that's the case, you're as :censored: as the collegiate football system is.

Correct.

1-This is still apart of the investigation that Shapiro started. Nevin Shapiro wants to be know so much, he was able to get CBNC to have an episode of "American Greed". Yet how much of that is true?

2- The issues at UNC are even deeper since they involve a coach (John Blake), a professor who apparently had a "class/independent study" in which over 90% of those enrolled were football players, and now Hakeem Nicks was paying players as well.

3- The entire system is broken since once a minor signs a Letter of Intent, they basically lose all employment rights and even licensing rights. In exchange, they are not even guaranteed a year in college with a scholarship.

The system preys mostly on the poor and uninformed to the delight and entertainment of others.

If you grew up in an environment with little to no care for the rules of regular society, why should you care about them once you sign a letter to play a sport which we now know causes head trauma?

They still broke the rules, though. Someone committing mass murder doesn't mean a serial larcenist gets off scot-free.

They were accused of breaking rules. Their has not been a decision made from their original LOI (Letter of Inquiry) and more serious document, NOI (Notice of Infractions).

Really Miami? I mean, c'mon, the NCAA has some pretty stupid rules, but when will Miami learn what they can and can't do? I might as well replace them as my favorite team. Oh, and dfwabel, in your 3rd statement do you mean that a player can't even get a job at say a McDonald's or something like that? If that's the case, then the NCAA is really effed up. The biggest problem I have is that Allen wasn't an official recruiter, but made calls, and convinced players to go to Miami. What if Miami was recruting one of my friends to play, and they asked me to try and convince him to go to Miami. Would I get in trouble? All recruiting is is trying to convince players to go to your school. Also, the problem with illegal benefits(specifically paying players) is that some reasons may be ridiculous. What if a guy in the NCAA gets paid to mow one of their coache's lawns, and the coach pays him extra if he got 3+ tackles in last week's game. Would that be illegal benefits? If that's considered as illegal benefits, then that's utterly stupid to enforce such a thing. There's a lot more examples I could give that would be considered ridiculous reasons to accuse someone for receiving illegal benefits. Someone should petition certain NCAA rules.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Archived