canzman

2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

775 posts in this topic

Why do you assume the Seahawks will be in white pants ? They've established they will continue the blue monochrome at home this year....

How have they established that? From what I've heard, they will mix-and-match, like Nike wants them to.

Plus, they will be wearing the grey jersey's at some point too at home...probably twice.

I'd also expect Baltimore in all black this weekend against New England.

Supposedly Ralph Wilson prefers all-white for away games, so that's why they've been sticking with the all-white away look. :mad:

Is Ralph Wilson still even coherent enough to know what his team is wearing?

I hope somebody wears something different this year. Pretty sad (and LAME), if the black pants for Carolina or the orange pants for Chicago or the blue pants for Buffalo still don't make an appearance.

According to their site it is Purple...

Why do you assume the Seahawks will be in white pants ? They've established they will continue the blue monochrome at home this year....

How have they established that? From what I've heard, they will mix-and-match, like Nike wants them to.

Plus, they will be wearing the grey jersey's at some point too at home...probably twice.

Both pre-season games and regular season home games have already been in all blue monochrome, plenty of early opportunities to mix and match and they have opted not to.

Maybe its just wishful thinking that Seattle might not continuously wear their ugliest combo?

Maybe its just wishful thinking that Seattle might not continuously wear their ugliest combo?

Agreed. They're certainly not taking the opportunity up to this point to mix and match with 3 home games in all blue, 2 road games with grey pants and one road game in blue pants. Unfortunatly the grey pants are so light in shade that they may as well be white.

Detroit is in blue/silver and Tennessee is in white/light blue

KC is in red/white and New Orleans is in white/gold

Cincinnati is in white/black at Washington

Jacksonville is in white/white at Indy

Atlanta is in red/white/red and San Diego is in white/white

2012 Regular Season Week 4 (Part 1) Byes: Colts, Steelers

Browns @ Ravens

m0ufQ.jpgIKZzC.jpg

Patriots @ Bills

zpqpZ.jpgVWSSi.jpg

49ers @ Jets

YEF7l.jpg5Py3T.jpg

Seahawks @ Rams

9AEf6.jpgWbI7U.jpg

Panthers @ Falcons

dFmCg.jpgtTbxy.jpg

2012 Regular Season Week 4 (Part 2)

Vikings @ Lions

Z08Pi.jpgG4GYw.jpg

Chargers @ Chiefs

HbAnP.jpgvfktl.jpg

Titans @ Texans

9JIRi.jpg8SRBN.jpg

Bengals @ Jaguars

xl0sG.jpg8AoZG.jpg

Raiders @ Broncos

AvaEs.jpgXtJuh.jpg

2012 Regular Season Week 4 (Part 3)

Dolphins @ Cardinals

yGvOR.jpgjCg7q.jpg

Redskins @ Buccaneers

LPWTw.jpghlyEZ.jpg

Saints @ Packers

g05bW.jpgKrkW9.jpg

Giants @ Eagles

yM6TN.jpgB7CAg.jpg

Bears @ Cowboys *

0A3o4.jpgmAmxu.jpg

Well it is a good thing that your expectations are not the end result.

Week 4 best-looking game - Raiders/Broncos...worst is Giants/Eagles. Rams/Seahawks not looking good either. The Rams need to ditch the all-blue look.

Might as well update the Packers/Seahawks uniform combos....Seahawks in all blue again. See, I told you so. Nike has no control on what a team wears. Don't expect to see any mix or matching this year.....

You may want to assume otherwise for the 'Skins @ Bucs game. Bucs usually wear white for their first 3-4 home games (depending on when the throwback game is), and this is the second one.

You can never take Dennis Bergen's word.

Might as well update the Packers/Seahawks uniform combos....Seahawks in all blue again. See, I told you so. Nike has no control on what a team wears. Don't expect to see any mix or matching this year.....

Week 3

The Seahawks monochrome looks a lot better on the players that have pulled up their outer white socks. Creates a better balance versus the sold socks that sadly create the leotard look.

Week 4

I'm going with the Saints in black pants for their trip to Green Bay.

Week 3

The Seahawks monochrome looks a lot better on the players that have pulled up their outer white socks. Creates a better balance versus the sold socks that sadly create the leotard look.

Week 4

You forgot to mention the colors of the 3rd team playing in the same game that won the game. They were wearing black and white striped jerseys w/ black pants. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Week 3

Week 4

You forgot to mention the colors of the 3rd team playing in the same game that won the game. They were wearing black and white striped jerseys w/ black pants. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

hahahahahaha

New Orleans is in white/black

Washington is in burgundy/white/solid burgundy (their look from the 90s and 00s) and Tampa Bay is in white/pewter

2012 Regular Season Week 5 (Part 1) Byes: Cowboys, Lions, Raiders, Buccaneers

Cardinals @ Rams

RV66I.jpgWbI7U.jpg

Eagles @ Steelers

SWNFA.jpgbr8Ls.jpg

Packers @ Colts

JLdWx.jpg9zXp4.jpg

Browns @ Giants

m0ufQ.jpg5uWsH.jpg

Titans @ Vikings

9JIRi.jpgqYGbN.jpg

2012 Regular Season Week 5 (Part 2)

Falcons @ Redskins

HvLND.jpgZSeIG.jpg

Dolphins @ Bengals

yGvOR.jpgf6Pd0.jpg

Ravens @ Chiefs

Gw9ho.jpgvfktl.jpg

Seahawks @ Panthers

FliRU.jpgdFmCg.jpg

Bears @ Jaguars

EeQ5E.jpg6kEzW.jpg

2012 Regular Season Week 4 (Part 3) *=assumption will be corrected if needed

Broncos @ Patriots

duZ2a.jpgTDqKm.jpg

Bills @ 49ers

OpkkI.jpgnP5Er.jpg

Chargers @ Saints

ljFQ6.jpgg05bW.jpg

Texans @ Jets *

Qe2gv.jpg5Py3T.jpg

I think one of the best looking week 4 matchups was the Panthers and Falcons.

utohT.jpg

Seattle is going with the gray jerseys at home vs. Carolina? Ehhh.... Those, paired with white pants, are going to be such an eyesore on the field.

utohT.jpg

Seattle is going with the gray jerseys at home vs. Carolina? Ehhh.... Those, paired with white pants, are going to be such an eyesore on the field.

They're not wearing their gray jerseys at home; this game is in Charlotte. However, wearing gray jerseys when the Panthers are wearing their white jerseys will be hard to watch. This is the primary reason why I wish Nike would actually use a considerably darker shade of gray than white--like with Washington State, Oklahoma State, and even Oregon (or at least their pants). You can tell the shade of gray isn't some borderline white and is easily confused with white.

Since it's a lighter gray, the Seahawks should take a page from Utah State's book and either go Blue*/Gray/Blue or Blue*/Gray/Gray and play teams that aren't wearing white jerseys; that removes any confusion between the jerseys. Also, there's no need to keep pairing gray pants with white jerseys or vise versa like they have been--either go all one color (below the helmet) or use blue pants.

We might have another whole "yellow alts in the NBA" situation here soon.

*Not that NFL teams can mix-n-match their helmets or anything.