2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

Week 3

The Seahawks monochrome looks a lot better on the players that have pulled up their outer white socks. Creates a better balance versus the sold socks that sadly create the leotard look.

Week 4

I'm going with the Saints in black pants for their trip to Green Bay.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Week 3

The Seahawks monochrome looks a lot better on the players that have pulled up their outer white socks. Creates a better balance versus the sold socks that sadly create the leotard look.

Week 4

You forgot to mention the colors of the 3rd team playing in the same game that won the game. They were wearing black and white striped jerseys w/ black pants. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

Week 3

Week 4

You forgot to mention the colors of the 3rd team playing in the same game that won the game. They were wearing black and white striped jerseys w/ black pants. :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:

hahahahahaha

spacer.png

spacer.png

utohT.jpg

Seattle is going with the gray jerseys at home vs. Carolina? Ehhh.... Those, paired with white pants, are going to be such an eyesore on the field.

They're not wearing their gray jerseys at home; this game is in Charlotte. However, wearing gray jerseys when the Panthers are wearing their white jerseys will be hard to watch. This is the primary reason why I wish Nike would actually use a considerably darker shade of gray than white--like with Washington State, Oklahoma State, and even Oregon (or at least their pants). You can tell the shade of gray isn't some borderline white and is easily confused with white.

Since it's a lighter gray, the Seahawks should take a page from Utah State's book and either go Blue*/Gray/Blue or Blue*/Gray/Gray and play teams that aren't wearing white jerseys; that removes any confusion between the jerseys. Also, there's no need to keep pairing gray pants with white jerseys or vise versa like they have been--either go all one color (below the helmet) or use blue pants.

We might have another whole "yellow alts in the NBA" situation here soon.

*Not that NFL teams can mix-n-match their helmets or anything.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

Seattle is on the Road but the Panthers are wearing white so my assumption is based on the fact that Seattle will wear the lighter color option in the heat instead of the dark blue. Odds are I will have to change that and they probably do not bust out the gray, but I would if I were them.

utohT.jpg

Seattle is going with the gray jerseys at home vs. Carolina? Ehhh.... Those, paired with white pants, are going to be such an eyesore on the field.

They're not wearing their gray jerseys at home; this game is in Charlotte. However, wearing gray jerseys when the Panthers are wearing their white jerseys will be hard to watch. This is the primary reason why I wish Nike would actually use a considerably darker shade of gray than white--like with Washington State, Oklahoma State, and even Oregon (or at least their pants). You can tell the shade of gray isn't some borderline white and is easily confused with white.

Since it's a lighter gray, the Seahawks should take a page from Utah State's book and either go Blue*/Gray/Blue or Blue*/Gray/Gray and play teams that aren't wearing white jerseys; that removes any confusion between the jerseys. Also, there's no need to keep pairing gray pants with white jerseys or vise versa like they have been--either go all one color (below the helmet) or use blue pants.

We might have another whole "yellow alts in the NBA" situation here soon.

*Not that NFL teams can mix-n-match their helmets or anything.

The Seahawks will wear their Blue jerseys at Carolina this weekend....

I believe Jags have confirmed that their black jerseys will go with black pants

Do you have a source for this... Everything I have read simply states black is now the primary jersey but makes no reference as to what pant will be worn with it.

Do you have a source for this... Everything I have read simply states black is now the primary jersey but makes no reference as to what pant will be worn with it.

My "source" would just be intuition. The Jags have made one horrible uniform decision after another. Black from head to ankle would be the worst possible combination they could come up with... therefore, that is doubtlessly what they'll do.

I love this thread.

It makes me happy to see the Redskins burgundy tops & gold/mustard yellow pants being considered as the default home uniform for my Skins right now.... is that the consensus in these parts?

I used to like it, but recently I click on it purely for humor. I know he's trying is hardest and that part I respect and admire, but he's also been horribly wrong. The Seahawks are not wearing their grey uniforms this week. Also, I'm pretty sure that Jaguars will be in all-black. I have no inside info on the Jaguars, but we've all seen the decisions this franchise makes and this would seem to aim in that direction.

I'd say that the Saints will be in white jersey's with black pants this week at home with SD in navy blue and white.

And the Ravens will be in black pants on the road.

I think the Redskins go with white pants at home this week.

And the Jags have never worn black jerseys with anything other then black pants, so I'd guess at least for this week and the majority of the rest of the home season, they will be in black pants with black jerseys.

I love this thread.

It makes me happy to see the Redskins burgundy tops & gold/mustard yellow pants being considered as the default home uniform for my Skins right now.... is that the consensus in these parts?

I used to like it, but recently I click on it purely for humor. I know he's trying is hardest and that part I respect and admire, but he's also been horribly wrong. The Seahawks are not wearing their grey uniforms this week. Also, I'm pretty sure that Jaguars will be in all-black. I have no inside info on the Jaguars, but we've all seen the decisions this franchise makes and this would seem to aim in that direction.

This is true, Anna. Especially with your Seahawks, he seems to be choosing what he, apparently, would wish they'd wear... not what they probably wear.

I read it somewhere but I can't remember where. Trying to see if I can find it

Go A's!

Archived