2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AT LAST!

(Too bad their gray facemasks will ruin the entire combo.)

The facemasks are fine. The inclusion of navy, hip and back logos, front wordmark, messed-up socks and horrible collar keep this look from being perfect.

That's your opinions ... I love the gray facemask. The blue mask didn't look good when wearing the home uniform from '79-'86 ... the navy, and very limited use of it brings out the contrast in all the striping, jersey numbers, and nobs, a good move. The toilet-seat collar I agree with but it's not as bad on the white jersey as it is on the home blue.

I just hope the Bills don't mess it up with having the wrong socks. The socks should be dominantly white with stripes matching the jersey sleeves.

The wordmark below the shield I like, and most teams now sport it, the logo on the upper backside of the jersey is flat-out nitpicking.

AT LAST!

(Too bad their gray facemasks will ruin the entire combo.)

The facemasks are fine. The inclusion of navy, hip and back logos, front wordmark, messed-up socks and horrible collar keep this look from being perfect.

That's your opinions ... I love the gray facemask. The blue mask didn't look good when wearing the home uniform from '79-'86 ... the navy, and very limited use of it brings out the contrast in all the striping, jersey numbers, and nobs, a good move. The toilet-seat collar I agree with but it's not as bad on the white jersey as it is on the home blue.

I just hope the Bills don't mess it up with having the wrong socks. The socks should be dominantly white with stripes matching the jersey sleeves.

The wordmark below the shield I like, and most teams now sport it, the logo on the upper backside of the jersey is flat-out nitpicking.

Socks are blue.......

... the navy, and very limited use of it brings out the contrast in all the striping, jersey numbers, and nobs, a good move.

No, navy muddies the look. Compare their current white jersey to the oft-posted picture of Lee Evans in the white throwback from 2010. That jersey looks so much cleaner than what they wear now.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

... the navy, and very limited use of it brings out the contrast in all the striping, jersey numbers, and nobs, a good move.

No, navy muddies the look. Compare their current white jersey to the oft-posted picture of Lee Evans in the white throwback from 2010. That jersey looks so much cleaner than what they wear now.

Ya think?

I just don't see the navy outline as being that major of an issue. I bought an authentic Reebok last season and I like the navy outline alot. We all got our own preferences which makes this board fun.

If anything that throwback should have thinner outter stripes to match the 1965 look. In '65 all 4 stripes were blue, but because of the red outline it made it look like the thin outter stripes were solid red, you really had to zoom in on them to even notice.

09000d5d81434ac7_gallery_600.jpg

Mike Sratton's 1965 jersey:

stratton581965roadd.jpg

No. It's not.

Here's my solution: For the month of October, replace the usual shield on the collar with the image below and I'm good. You're still wearing pink like you want to so damn badly, but this way you also do it with some much needed, understated class.

2mzfius.jpg

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Β 

No. It's not.

Here's my solution: For the month of October, replace the usual shield on the collar with the image below and I'm good. You're still wearing pink like you want to so damn badly, but this way you also do it with some much needed, understated class.

I'd agree wiv dat ...

Archived