2012 NFL week by week Uniform Match-ups thread

canzman

To all those complaining... when I am wrong I make the correction... these are assumptions for the most part when posted in advance. What makes me laugh is how serious people are taking these posts when done in advance. This isn't anything official people it is a thread on a message board.

Some people here need to relax and worry about things in life that truly are important and not if a uniform combo posted about a week in advance is correct or not. Again it is a thread on a message board intended to be fun not gospel.

As I have stated before I have a 1 year old son and a life away from this message board... I'm not sitting in front of my PC all day Sunday so the instant each game kicks off I can update anything that needs corrected. If anything is incorrect I do correct it. I really do not need people posting 2 seconds after kick-off that "combo A" in "game 3" is wrong.

If anyone notices anything incorrect on previous weeks then let me know. Just give me a day after kick-off to make any corrections before you start your rant.

• Replies 774
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 Regular Season Week 5 (Part 2) *=assumption will be corrected if needed

Seahawks @ Panthers *

utohT.jpgdFmCg.jpg

Canzman, first of all let me say that I look forward to your weekly posts, even tho' you've gotten many incorrect based on assumption rather than official verification.

So please, don't be discouraged from continuing to post what you do on a weekly basis. I can't speak for everyone else, but I do believe that we can all live with the few errors.

Now ... the one I'm virtually certain that you've got wrong this week is this matchup of Seattle at Carolina, and I'll explain why.

The NFL considers a gray jersey as an alternate to a white jersey. New England had a gray alternate jersey for several years in the 2000s ... For the life of me I couldn't tell the difference until it was pointed out. However, they ALWAYS wore their navy pants with them as if it was their away uniform that was being worn in Foxboro. Their opponent ALWAYS wore their colored jersey, ALWAYS.

With that said, there's no way that I could foresee the Seahawks wearing their gray jerseys unless Carolina were to wear their black jerseys. We've yet to see Seattle's gray jerseys in realtime, I imagaine they're somewhat darker than the Patriots alternate was, But still .....

The Seattle gray against the Carolina white jerseys would be too close to a clash ... there's no way I can foresee the NFL letting that happen..

Again, let me say that I do appreciate the time you take to post these on a weekly basis ... So thanks

Chargers @ Saints *

HbAnP.jpgESspS.jpg

Saints are wearing white against the Chargers. http://www.nola.com/...0/post_232.html

UNIFORMITY: The Saints will wear white jerseys with black pants for the second week in a row. According to Saints uniform-stats guru Bradley Handwerger from WWLTV.com, the Saints are 1-2 in this combo in night games during the Payton-Brees era. But that includes their 62-7 rout over the Colts in the Mercedes-Benz Superdome last season.

Patriots @ Seahawks *

zpqpZ.jpgrP4HQ.jpg

Patriots will be in blue jerseys and the Seahawks will be in grey and I believe in monochrom grey.

Maybe monochrome grey, I can see them wearing their blue pants with the grey jerseys, very little difference between the light grey and white......

Bills finally in their white jerseys. Are they the last team to don them?

If only the Bills would finally do what the majority of our supporters are long clamouring for ... the blue away pants!!!

bills_white_bluepants.jpg

We finally get our wish (see my above post)

Archived