Mr. Design Junkie

Atom

I think the only one that could be used is the Boise State one (even though it sucks) because Boise State likes going out of the box on stuff. That being said, I don't see how people can comment and say his work is amazing. :puke:

mcbqza.jpg

There are obviously a lot of problems with the execution of this concept, but I think the idea has merit. Not for a real college or pro team, but for one of those fictitious "state team" concepts that pop up here from time to time. Replace the M with the number, and make some logo to go on the sleeves (instead of TV numbers), and it's really not bad.

524171_10150937640240216_1382969244_n.jpg578835_10150937239120216_1579203909_n.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

If you put your ear to the window while browsing this thread, you can hear davidson gently weeping.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

so thats the guy.

you know these designs are not exactly something id want to see on the field as is but i do appreciate the guys approach. hes clearly not someone who is jaded by the standard "rules" of uniform design. its nice to see someone exploring things no one else has thought about or dared to explore, coming into this whole world with an absolute open mind. theres plenty of ideas there i would like to take and refine. i think he would make an excellent student. theres much for him to learn, but let the guy do his work. he cant get better if he dosent continue to do work. these arnt things that Nike is rolling out tomorrow, theres no reason to flip our lids and tear the guy down for doing something all of you do around here. at least hes doing something more with his concepts than bringing back an old color and changing the stripes

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Probably what bugs me most with these is the fact that many of his jerseys have giant single digit numbers slapped on the entire front of the jersey. While it may look intriguing for a unique concept, as far as practicality goes there can't be a 2-digit number, which the majority of football players wear, without the size of the numbers being radically smaller. Most jersey concepts have a 2-digit number there to eliminate this problem. And what is with that Times New Roman font???

Obviously (well, hopefully) he's not intending for these to be realistic uniform designs, he's just doing his own take on them, and I can understand in that respect, no matter how good or bad of a quality they are. But the fact that he has SO many of these makes it feel like he's rushing through them, and not taking time on improving his craft and creating potentially better designs.

The jackets aren't half bad, at least some of them...

Archived