College Basketball 2012-13

cajunaggie08

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Kansas is really only wearing these during the Big 12 Tournament, then wouldn't the blue uniforms never see the court? They'll almost certainly be the #1 seed and will wear home uni's throughout. Guess that's why they needed a white version also.

My thoughts exactly. We should only see the whites in KC. Hell, even if they DID wear them in the NCAA, the odds of wearing the blues are still very very low.

zerakus_sports.png

Not only are the sleeves ugly, as a player I would be furious. I have never played basketball wearing a shirt with sleeves and never would. To me making them wear sleeves is like forcing them to wear long pants instead of shorts. I also don't know why they feel the need to give every team the same template year after year. Get original for a change. Every school has their own identity, do something with it!

Notre Dame's lime green digs are certainly not without precedent. With the dark green lettering and trim on a lime green uniform, this new costume is almost certainly inspired by the Digger Phelps designed duds that the ND men donned for a game in the early nineties. If the Zubaz stripes weren't on this new version, I would love it as an homage.

Lime green unis make even more sense for the ND women.

275450.jpg

This is the hue that has been worn by fans at their games for years. While I was there, I always wished that the Irish women would break out a lime green uniform to match the fans. Earlier this season, they switched the green lettering on their special white unis to a lime green.

090a1e8a4cb8e122220f6a70670003b4.jpg

I just wish this new, full-on lime green look could have arrived sans-Zubaz stripes.

I don't hate the uniforms like most do, I think they're loud for sure but I kind of weirdly dig them. However the one thing I will say is I've now seen them on 4 different television shows today as well as heard them discussed on sports talk radio and countless tweets so love them or hate them, adidas won. And like a toddler once they get that affirmation its gonna be hard to get them to stop in the future. Color me scared.

Notre Dame's lime green digs are certainly not without precedent. With the dark green lettering and trim on a lime green uniform, this new costume is almost certainly inspired by the Digger Phelps designed duds that the ND men donned for a game in the early nineties. If the Zubaz stripes weren't on this new version, I would love it as an homage.

So next year's football jerseys are going to have spittle stains in honor of Lou Holtz?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't hate the uniforms like most do, I think they're loud for sure but I kind of weirdly dig them. However the one thing I will say is I've now seen them on 4 different television shows today as well as heard them discussed on sports talk radio and countless tweets so love them or hate them, adidas won. And like a toddler once they get that affirmation its gonna be hard to get them to stop in the future. Color me scared.

Can't we just color them bad or color me bad.

Great 90's reference there.

There's another school that uses the Duke template. Hadn't realized that before.

Yeah it seems to be very overused. Now 4 teams in the Mountain West alone use it (New Mexico, Wyoming, Nevada). And I can think of a ton of other teams that use it now (Creighton, St. Louis, the list goes on and on)

I'd like to see Nike bring back some of it's older designs (2000 Florida) but fit for the new cuts. Similiar to what the platinum jerseys did by modernizing the old designs. Take UCONN for example (old,modern revamp). Or again Florida (old, modern revamp)

Action shot of Boise's BFBS uniform:

TEo6vgf.png

Not a fan. The wordmark and number isn't legible enough from afar.

didn't realize they drew that many for basketball

Ever been to boise? Just my opinion but...

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

HOW DID WE MISS THIS!!!

Illinois State vs. Southern Illinois... Apparently ISU decided to become the ugliest school in history!

5120412a40f17.preview-620.jpg

From ISU "BLAST FROM THE PAST

In honor of Retro Night, the Redbirds will be sporting replica jerseys from a previous season, as a nod to the historic past of Redbird basketball. During halftime, past Illinois State men's basketball players will be recognized on-court dating back to teams from the 1950s. The retro uniforms will not be revealed to the players or crowd until game time."

"Classic" does not mean it gets a free pass for being bad design.

6624288275_95c33d4680_z.jpg

Colorado State is a big name on the mid major scene this year. I assume this was Boise's biggest game of the year.

Not even close to the biggest game of the year, since SDSU, UNLV, and New Mexico are also in Boise's conference, plus they played Creighton and Michigan State OOC.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Archived