NBA Redesign Part II

floydnimrod

Over three years ago, I started an NBA Redesign made in MS Paint, and got through 15 teams, half of the league. My goal was to accomplish the entire league, and now I'm back to finish it. I've looked back on that redesign (which can be found here), and found that some of the designs, well, I don't like anymore.

So, this is pretty much a continuation of that, except that I'm re-doing some of the teams that I've already done. I'm keeping about 7 or so of the concepts from part 1 and I'll post them again here.

First up is the Boston Celtics.

In Part I, I modernized/updated the Celtics' uniform (You will see that jersey design again here for different team). Looking back, the Celtics, to me, need their classic look. Wanting to keep the gold around, I used their current set, and just added the gold. I also tried to use to gold as a background color, so I used it as an outline for both scripts and numbers.

bostonceltics.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This looks really awesome with the gold accents. I flipped through your old series and overall loved what I saw and I am looking forward to updates of those concepts and also looking forward to new teams like my own New York Knicks! Really good job on Boston.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

This is a huge improvement over the Celtics' current look. Getting rid of the black makes it so much better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

In Part I, the Denver Nuggets were really out there, and that was the plan. Looking back, there's no way the original concept would fly as an all the time uniform. Someone suggested it could work as an alternate, so that's what I did. So here are the Denver Nuggets, with a modernized classic as teh alternate jersey.

denvernuggets.png

Next up will be the San Antonio Spurs.

Those incomplete lines are annoying. Still like these better:

Denver update #1

I put numbers on the front of the jersey, in the upper left (when looking at the jersey)

I also put the script above the city backdrop. However, now the front of the jersey seems cluttered, adn the numbers might be too low on the back of the jersey.

denvernuggets2.png

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

I wanted to do something different than the standard, straight lines down the jersey look for Denver. There's another concept done in a similar fashion that I'll post later.

Here's the Spurs. I didn't do anything drastic, but I always pictured the Spurs jerseys as looking like this as a kid. I previously used this template for the Memphis Grizzlies.

sanantoniospurs.png

I'll post the Indiana Pacers tomorrow morning.

For the Pacers I wanted to go back to the uniforms from the mid to late 80s, but still keep the Navy instead of Royal Blue (another team in the series will have Royal Blue and Yellow). I didn't want to copy the uniform exactly, so I added a little something to the shorts to represent the logo. As for the numbers on the shorts, I wanted to do something a little "race car-ish," and that's what the numbers are: the side numbers on a race car.

indianapacers.png

The Atlanta Hawks will be posted next.

The pants stripe looks really good, and I also like the numbers on the shorts, a good creative stroke. I don't love the colored plate on the front, but if it a throwback to the 80s then do whatever you feel works. Nice concept, the shorts do look great.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The pacers are great.

The hawks are a miss for me. I don't really get what the intent is. It looks like just random piping. I would start over, and go for something with more of a purpose.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived