Crazy sports dreams

johnnysama

Admit it, we all have dreams. But some of us have weirder sports dreams. Share them here.

One of mine involves the South Korean's men's soccer team dominating the World Cup ala the 1985 Chicago Bears- and then once word gets out about that; the South Korean men's team (known as the Taeguk Warriors) sings their own version of the Super Bowl Shuffle in Korean....... which would draw this reaction from me:

UBwef0L.png

I had a dream the other day that someone using my hockey stick (not the same model, literally my stick) scored the winning goal in the Stanley Cup Finals. I can't remember who it was using it or even what the two teams were however :/

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I have a recurring dream where I've been invited to play in a hockey game. One time it was for an unrecognizable pro team, another time I was granted one game of eligibility for my old high school team. Every time, however, I can never find all of my equipment. The game starts and I'm frantically searching for all of my stuff, and I always end up missing the game. I've had it at least 8 times. It's very frustrating.

Also one time I had a dream that I was in the locker room with the early 70's Boston Bruins. I was dressed this time, but I looked around and saw Phil Esposito, Bobby Orr, Brad Park, Gary Cheevers.

PvO6ZWJ.png

A long time ago, maybe in my grad school years, I had this weird dream in which Sam Wyche was the coach of the New York Giants (whom he never coached). I was on the sidelines of one of their games, all suited up, and Coach Wyche came over to me and said pretty soon if they got the chance they were going to put me in the game. I don't know if in my dream I was supposed to be a real, back-up player or more like George Plimpton in "Paper Lion", but I was real excited and pumped. Of course, I woke up before I could get in the game.

It is what it is.

I swear I am not making any of this up! I had a crazy sports dream once where I was back in 1998 in the home run chase with Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa. At the All-Star Break, I was about 15 home runs behind Sosa and McGwire. I was playing for the Devil Rays and while we were taking batting practice, Barry Bonds called me over. He asked me if I wanted to win the home run title that year. I reluctantly said yes so he took me into the National League locker room and juiced me up with steroids. So then my dream jumped to about early September and I was only 2 home runs behind the leader Sosa. I went into a game and crushed 4 home runs. Then the MLB ordered a drug test and was told that I wouldn't know until the last game of the season if my home runs would count or not. That's when my alarm clock woke me up <_<. Such an exciting dream and I wanted to know if my drug test came back positive or not!

mcbqza.jpg

I always have dreams about the Penguins (circa 1990s). The uniforms are slightly different and I'll always be watching players with the likes of Lemieux, Straka, and Ron Francis make plays that never happened in real life. All I know is that they were spectacular.

1) Lemieux would go from one side of the ice to the other (sort of like that goal from 91' in the Stanley Cup finals against the North Stars), duke a few defensemen, lean to the right on the last one, and pull off a diving wrist-shot from about 20 feet. I have an image of it burned in my retina.

2) Straka gets a pass from a teammate near the net, but it's fast and knee-high. As a knee-jerk reaction of sorts, Straka defensively hits the puck, almost like a baseball player would hit a knee-high fastball, and it goes into the net. All I remember is Straka having his eyes the size of saucers.

3) There was a loose puck near the opposing goal and Francis comes running in, slides on one knee, and slaps the puck into the net all while seeming simultaneously raising his arms triumphantly. It won the game.

I've had this same dream about 5 times. I wish I could remember what the uniforms looked like. I'm telling you, they were awesome in a 90's sort of way. Very intricately designed with symmetry. I would definitely turn it into a concept.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

I swear I am not making any of this up! I had a crazy sports dream once where I was back in 1998 in the home run chase with Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa. At the All-Star Break, I was about 15 home runs behind Sosa and McGwire. I was playing for the Devil Rays and while we were taking batting practice, Barry Bonds called me over. He asked me if I wanted to win the home run title that year. I reluctantly said yes so he took me into the National League locker room and juiced me up with steroids. So then my dream jumped to about early September and I was only 2 home runs behind the leader Sosa. I went into a game and crushed 4 home runs. Then the MLB ordered a drug test and was told that I wouldn't know until the last game of the season if my home runs would count or not. That's when my alarm clock woke me up <_<. Such an exciting dream and I wanted to know if my drug test came back positive or not!

Haha, I love the Bonds part.

2ns84yg.png

10n7yog.png

25krb0y.png

A few years ago I had a dream where I was called up by Cam Neely to suit up for the Boston Bruins in the Stanley Cup Finals... Against my beloved Canucks. We (the Bruins) won the first 2 at home, but lost the next 3 in Vancouver (MLB style best of 7) back in Boston for game 6, I scored with 7 seconds left to send the game into overtime. 5 extra frames and a stretch pass from Phil Kessel (it was 2009 shut up lol) later, I Pavel Datsyuk'd Luongo to send it to game 7. In the 7th game we blew a 3-0 lead in the 3rd period, and with 57 seconds to go, Kevin Bieksa's slapped went off my face (I lost 4 teeth) and Kesler was right there to bury the rebound past Tuukka Rask to give the Canucks the lead and the Stanley Cup.

sport-scarf_celtic-2_zps105bfcbf.png

The only one I can remember is that I'm playing professional football. I don't recognize the teams in my dreams, but the team I'm playing against looks kind of like the Jaguars (Fred Taylor and Mark Brunell era). My team looks like the Los Angeles Rams, but they aren't those teams. Just similar to them. Anyways, the dream always starts with me playing on the team kicking off. The game is played inside a dome and I'm on the field next to one of the gunners. I always run down the field, slip past a few blockers and I'm always the first one to reach the returner at around the 15 yard-line and right as I'm about to make the hit, I wake up. Every freaking time.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

There's one dream I've had in particular that I still remember pretty vividly.

A few years ago when I was starting out playing high school baseball, I had a dream I was drafted by the Tigers. It went straight to my first career at-bat, where I clobbered an inside fastball off the foul pole for a solo homer on the first pitch. I don't remember the opposing team exactly - I think it was the White Sox - but I remember the feeling of the bat connecting with the pitch, watching the trail while sprinting to first, then high-fiving the first base coach. It was a home night game at Comerica, and fireworks went off.

Considering I never hit a homer or did anything particularly exciting during my high school career, that dream is probably the highlight of my sports years :P In all seriousness, it felt pretty real. It was a cool experience.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I just had one last night. Somehow, I had made my way onto the US Olympic Track Team, and competed in the 800 meter race. I was happy, because I got bronze, but my brother got gold and silver in the 400 meters and the 4x400 relay. But both of our medals had Indian-esque names on them. Weird.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I had a dream that Team USA played Russia for the gold and another dream I had was I was watching 1980s Bengals highlights and they had Black helmets with the leaping bengal logo on them and the pants had stripes on the top front part of the pants.

A few months ago, I had a dream that the Blue Jays were so desperate for pitchers due to injuries that they were starting to send scouts to high school games in the GTA. Two scouts came to my game where I pitched a perfect game. After the game, they called me over and told me that they were impressed with my performance and that they wanted to sign me to a one-day contract. I think it was for a Friday night home game against the Rays. The next morning, I went to the Rogers Centre with my parents and we met with Alex Anthopoulos, Paul Beeston, and John Farrell. We signed the papers and I was brought to the clubhouse where I was given my uniform and I met my teammates. I spent the afternoon chilling with them, talking baseball, and watching highlights from the night before. I remember putting on my uniform super quickly and I was on the field for BP half an hour before everyone else. I took a few swings at the plate and I spent the rest of the time playing catch and shagging fly balls in the outfield. I still couldn't believe that I was in the majors, even if it was for one day. Before the game was about to start, I had to carry the bullpen snacks in a little pink backpack, but I couldn't care less, because I was in the majors! I was in the bullpen, and didn't play in the game. We won the game 6-3! I was so excited! After the game, I was told I could keep my uniform, and I brought it home and got it framed. Anthopoulos said to me that once the school year ends, I could sign a minor league contract with him and that I would be sent to Vegas. Unfortunately, there was no follow-up dream! :P

It was surely the best dream I ever had!

I's kind of crazy that this is even osted because I recently had a crazy sports dream.

I was dreaming I was a backup shortstop for the New York Yankees, behind Tony Kubek. I remember in the dream taking fielding practice, and every ball hit to me went through my legs. And I remember Mickey Mantle himself telling me in this dream, "Good thing you can hit cuz you field like crap."

Sadly, in real life, I never could field and I never could hit. But I always tried.

I had a dream a couple times when I was really young that I was at Comiskey Park all by myself. Nobody in the stands or on the field, just me in the middle of the stands. Not sure why I had those, nothing ever happened besides me being there.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

In 2010, I had a dream that the Jays and Giants were in the World Series. Roy Halladay threw a no hitter, and the Giants won the world series.

Just a savant, I guess.

I had a similar dream. Before the start of the 2006 NFL season I dreamt that I fell into a coma for a year. When I came out of the coma one of the first things I asked my dad was "who won the Super Bowl?" He told me that the Colts won it. In hindsight I should have placed my bet the next day :P.

Archived