This is what a $60 Million Dollar High School Stadium Looks like...

CDixonDesign

This is what a $60 million dollar High School Football Stadium looks like. Keep in mind, this is for ONE school. Not like some of the superstadiums in Texas that are shared by a handful of schools.

Deadspin Article: http://deadspin.com/5933007/this-is-what-a-60-million-high-school-football-stadium-looks-like

More Pics: http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/pages/photogallery?gid=23311&gf=aggregate

All that money, all those seats, and they didn't bother to hire a designer to brand this thing. All that money for a horribly designed tweak of the Eagles logo... <_<

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what this means. We cannot be far from calls to pay the players.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Actually, Texas invests pretty well in education. I think they're hiring more music teachers as the rest of the country tries to fire them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

You know what this means. We cannot be far from calls to pay the players.

Catholic schools already recruit players. It wouldn't be that surprising to hear that.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

If only Texans cared as much about the education of their kids as much as they care about their football.

The Stadium was built using private funds, from the people. It was also used for a performing arts center, as well. It may or may not be an even trade. :lol:

Their tweak of the Eagles logo really isn't as bad as OP makes it seem.

Plus I'm really surprised there's no corporate name for the stadium. You'd think they would to save some money...If I owned a legit business in Texas I would kill to get my name on that beast.

It's still a tweak of the Eagles logo. They put $60 million into a stadium and they couldn't use a sliver of that money to hire a design firm?

Hahahaha the first comment on the deadspin article made me laugh... a photo of the Cleveland Browns' stadium with the caption "This is what a $290 million high school football stadium looks like".

That is a pretty decent looking stadium, though. Not really a fan of the metal bleacher seating, though... that's gotta be a little warm on the ass in the Texas sun.

Judging by the one picture, it appears the stadium was built wide enough to house the soccer team, as well. My first thoughts when I saw the picture on the article was that they could have bowed in the corner seating by the endzones a bit more, but once I saw the outlines for the soccer pitch, it made much more sense. I suppose if you're going to shell out 60 million bananas, you may as well squeeze in another sport that plays on a similarly-sized grass field.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Schools get much of their funding through property taxes. That's why the ones in wealthy suburbs are so much nicer.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That stadium is nicer then a handful of Division 1A stadiums.

Plus you could build a high school for $60 million so I think the WTF questions are pretty warranted. Probably one of those areas where god forbid a dime should be spent on welfare or public works projects. That's just pork barrel waste right there. But $60 million for a high school football stadium? Hell yeah.

Their weight room is 5 times as big as my school's.

What's funny is that the most famous football players to ever come from that school are, J.D. Walton, the center for the Broncos, and a guy who was a kicker in the NFL for 3 years in the late 80's.

Archived