Houston Texans Secondary Logo

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 21:47

After seeing several concepts on this thread.

I wanted a crack at making the full body bull logo.

So without further ado C & C please!

Posted Image

#2 Dbroalexander

Dbroalexander

• Members
  • 401 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks, Hershey Bears, Hartford Whalers, Atlanta Thrashers, 80's and 90's Cubs bear, Minnesota Wild,

Posted August 13, 2012 - 22:06

not a huge fan of it. It might look a little better if you tweak what I'm assuming is the neck under the blue horn. the hooves are kinda awkward too. Fix those and it should look a lot better

#3 fkaKrock5cent

fkaKrock5cent

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 22:30

I feel like his head is a little too big, maybe make it smaller?

#4 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 13, 2012 - 22:37

I have fixed the neck it was bothering me when I posted but I wanted to see what others said.

I will post an update when I get a few more suggestions. What about the hooves can I approve?

I like them the way they are now because I wanted them exaggerated.

Does anyone else think the head is to big?

I used the original pic in the thread as reference & it is the same size.

Also I would like to hear from any Texan fans.

#5 OfficialBailey7

OfficialBailey7

• Validating
  • 304 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 20:07

Maybe stagger the line down the cheast at the neck so the first line appears more realistic? IDK I like it but it needs to be tweeked a bit. I also think the head is a tad to big.

Posted Image

#6 Greg_Fryman

Greg_Fryman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted August 14, 2012 - 20:23

I like it so far. The only thing I would change besides what other have said is the thing poking out with the tail. Not sure what that is?

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

#7 Dbroalexander

Dbroalexander

• Members
  • 401 posts

• Favourite Logos:Chicago Blackhawks, Hershey Bears, Hartford Whalers, Atlanta Thrashers, 80's and 90's Cubs bear, Minnesota Wild,

Posted August 14, 2012 - 21:05

yes, stagger that line, also, whats with the sharp elbow thing on the left? straighten that out a bit

#8 McCall

McCall
  • Baseball's Perfect Warrior, Baseball's Perfect Knight

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 11:07

Actually, I think it's quite good as is. Guys, you gotta realize it's a relatively abstract logo. Not everything is gonna be perfectly identical to an actual bull. Look at the head itself. See how parts of it come to sharp points that wouldn't in real life? This is carried over onto the body. And you have to look at perspective as well. What's gonna be the closest part to you when looking straight at it? The head. So it's gonna appear slightly bigger. I think he has it pretty well sized right now. Really the only "picky" thing I would fix is where the white "seperation" comes down from the head to the body. If you look, once on the body, it widens just a bit more than where it ends on the head. Maybe fix that to where it matches better. Actually, if you're in Illustrator, take the "handle" for that curve on the red side and take it up just a tad and then over to the left a bit until you see it flow better. That's all that really needs to be done. I guess you could reduce the size of the incut of the tail so it doesn't look so much like a crab claw, but other than that, me likey everything about this. Great job.

#9 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 21:36

Here is an update with the neck fixed the tail changed & a few more tweaks I left the head the same size.
Posted Image

#10 Greg_Fryman

Greg_Fryman

• Members
  • 268 posts

Posted August 15, 2012 - 22:34

Looks great!

sportslogosbutton1.pngsportslogosbutton2.png

2l9mudh.jpg

#11 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 09:07

Just curious what Houston's fans think because this would be for merchandise anyways because they do not need anything on their uniforms.

#12 fkaKrock5cent

fkaKrock5cent

• Members
  • 1,790 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 12:09

Nice, nice nice nice. It's the subtle things that make a solid logo. Good job on this one

#13 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 16, 2012 - 19:48

I guess I nailed it since no more comments! Please check out my other thread!

#14 McCall

McCall

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 16:09

Gotta say, I may be alone but I prefer the first one. Head looks a little detached from the body on the updated one and I like how the white separation flows together on the first one.

#15 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 17, 2012 - 18:34

Is this a better version? Just changed the line in the chest this way if the bull was facing straight at you the line would match up.
Posted Image

#16 goforbroke

goforbroke

• Members
  • 1,485 posts

• Favourite Logos:Houston Texans
      Super Bowl XXXVI
      Super Bowl XLIV
      Minnesota Wild
      New Orleans Hornets (Fleur de Bee)

Posted August 17, 2012 - 18:47

It seems to me the head logo is looking right, (its left) to me I think the body you made looks awkward because it's facing forward and the basically the neck is just turned right. But when I see the head I see an animal facing right..

Same reason the full-body broncos logo looks so wierd.. That bound be a silhouette to match the head, and this should be a 3/4 angle, not head on

So I would build out the bull/steer body similar to the (reverse of the) bengals full body tiger logo, coming from left to right. Because the bengals seem to have the disembodied head / add on the body concept correct.

I would at Least like to see what it looks like (I imagine similar to a cross between the bengals and the bills)

OR if you want to use this body, I would like to see how it looks flipped around horrizontally, do at least it's all going in the same direction... Back-left to front-right.. Without the twisted neck (reverse the colors obv.)
Posted Image

#17 pattymus01

pattymus01

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted August 18, 2012 - 21:24

As a Texans fan, I must say that I really like this logo. I would def. buy a hat with it on there.

#18 McCall

McCall

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted August 19, 2012 - 18:11

It seems to me the head logo is looking right, (its left) to me I think the body you made looks awkward because it's facing forward and the basically the neck is just turned right. But when I see the head I see an animal facing right..

Same reason the full-body broncos logo looks so wierd.. That bound be a silhouette to match the head, and this should be a 3/4 angle, not head on

So I would build out the bull/steer body similar to the (reverse of the) bengals full body tiger logo, coming from left to right. Because the bengals seem to have the disembodied head / add on the body concept correct.

I would at Least like to see what it looks like (I imagine similar to a cross between the bengals and the bills)

OR if you want to use this body, I would like to see how it looks flipped around horrizontally, do at least it's all going in the same direction... Back-left to front-right.. Without the twisted neck (reverse the colors obv.)

I think the perspective is fine. The bull's head appears to be looking down to the left. Like it's looking down at you.

#19 hugevolsfan

hugevolsfan

• Members
  • 1,189 posts

Posted August 20, 2012 - 21:48

Here are some merchandise gear to wrap up this thread. I really like these & if I were a Texans fan would buy one for sure. What do you all think!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#20 29texan

29texan

• Members
  • 1,660 posts

Posted August 21, 2012 - 00:50

Here are some merchandise gear to wrap up this thread. I really like these & if I were a Texans fan would buy one for sure. What do you all think!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

That.... actually works. Very well, in fact.

I'd even go as far as to say this is the ONLY way you could do a full body Texans logo.

140khld.jpg

2hrhp3q.jpg

8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg