Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee is Red, Blue, & Yellow

Inspired by the city flag by any chance?

us-wi-mw.gif

(That thing has literally won awards for how fugly it is.)

Yes but I am not using that blue. I am using a dark blue as outline only did not want to use black & the blue really popped when I tried it.

The Philadelphia Tigers!

The Tigers got their name from their owner E.C. Denny who played at Princeton.

He wanted his team to be the best in pro football like Princeton who was the best in college football at that time.

However that did not happen as the Tigers have never won a championship even after playing in the first MLF championship losing to the Cleveland Bulldogs 20-7.

More recently they have been very up & down under the direction of head coach Joe Selmon.

Last year was a tough time with long time starter Daunte Banks who was a part of the famed 1999 QB class was benched by the end of season & was not resigned after 13 years with the team.

Detroit backup QB Jeff Gannon was signed after leading the Autos to a 10-6 record when Marcus King went down.

The running game struggled all year long with RB Antonio Walker only averaging 3.3 yards per carry.

They have one playmaker in WR James Randle who did have 9 TD's last year.

Defense needs a boost from #1 Draft pick DT Mike Fraser to help DT Michael Skinner & S De'Angelo Sanders.

Many thought Selmon would be gone but was given one more year.

Here are the current uniforms as always C & C welcome!

PHILogosampUniformsSheet.png

PHIAltUniformsSheet.png

I like the color combination for the Tigers, and I'm sure Flyers fans would approve. The tiger on the helmet looks kinda awkward, though - it looks like he's pouncing but got his back claws stuck on something.

That's because from the angle tilt of which he has the helmet image in you can't see the rest of the pouncing tiger. The tiger on the helmet is the full primary logo.

Was not sure that is what natsfan meant but yeah the full tiger logo is on the helmet.

Uniforms look ok not to bengalish I am hoping.

I have seen some mistakes on my part I will have to fix on the Tigers set.

So I will be posting an update anything else I need to fix.

I really like the look overall.

Up next will be the NY Knights I believe.

I really like the primary it is different than any I have done so far.

Something about the tiger logo looks awkward and unnatural

We see only the side of the front paw but we see the width of the back paw

Otherwise nice concept

That is because the front paw is coming down on top of its prey & the back paw is extended for the jump.

If he was swatting his prey then I think you would see the view like the back paw on the front.

Otherwise nice concept

That is because the front paw is coming down on top of its prey & the back paw is extended for the jump.

If he was swatting his prey then I think you would see the view like the back paw on the front.

Yeah, but when a cat jumps the back paws are extended from the legs, not turned sideways. You wouldn't be able to see all 4 claws from a side view. That's what I am getting at.

See the Jaguar logo below for an example of what I'm talking about:

Jaguar_Logo.jpg

Otherwise nice concept

Yeah, but when a cat jumps the back paws are extended from the legs, not turned sideways. You wouldn't be able to see all 4 claws from a side view. That's what I am getting at.

See the Jaguar logo below for an example of what I'm talking about:

Jaguar_Logo.jpg

yup

tiger_jump.jpg

Working on an update for the Tigers fixing the paws. I think I see the problem I had with them.

Neither of the pictures above depicts what I wanted to show because the tiger is in the air with mine & the Jaguar logo is not detailed enough to get an idea of how the back paw would look completely extended.

I used the Jax Jaguars leaping unused logo as a reference for the back paw I just did not do the claws right.

I am also going to fix the front paw to make it look more like the photo above.

I will then move on to the NY Knights & then the San Diego Sharks which I just finished the primary.

Archived