Major League Football (my fictional concept league)

hugevolsfan

I get what you were going for, but they're too Chicago Maroons-y.

fb-gaines-090311-a1.jpg

Thats pretty good what level do they play at high school?

I wonder why the C is bigger on the jersey than it is on the helmet.

Clearly like BYU this team has taken their look from the best football league on the planet.

They're D3 now, but the University of Chicago was a charter member of the Big Ten.

Wow did not know what the University of Chicago's name was or that they had a football team or was a member of the Big Media I mean Big 10 that used to have 11 now has 12 conference.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Dallas Marshals!

History:

In 1960 Major League Football started to expand & John "Tex" Livingston II received the bid for a franchise for Dallas.

He started out calling his team the Dallas Texans but could not use the name because a Dallas business man had already trademarked the name to be used in football.

He decided to brand his team the Marshals because he was a fan of western movies & the name fit the star badge he had in mind for a logo.

Dallas competed in 4 of the first 6 MLF Championships of the millennium & winning three of them with Hall of Fame QB Ron Pawlawski at the helm.

After the retirement of Pawlawski in 2005 head coach Dick Harris was hoping for the same success in replacing Pawlawski that he had in replacing All-Pro RB Tyronne White with RB Nick Thomas in 2004.

To replace Pawlawski, Harris turned to 2nd year QB Jake Miller to guide the powerful offense with the likes of TE Dan Magnum, the aforementioned RB Thomas, WR Tyrell Simmons & who many consider the best T in the league Ervin Alston.

The results at first were not what Dallas fans expect. Even with a defence that lines up All-Pro DE Ezra Ebe, DT DeMarr Ford, & CB Malik Taylor the Marshals had not won a playloff game

However that all changed in 2011 as Dallas made it back to MLF Championship but lost to the Indianapolis Racers in what many expected to be Head Coach Dick Harris' last game.

In the off season Harris said he wanted one more title and was coming back with Dallas expected to be one of the favorites going into the season.

Here are the current logos & uniforms C & C:

DALLogoUniformsSheet.png

DALAltUniform.png

I like this set a lot, really a true Texas team with the color scheme and logo. The history reminds me of my Dallas Cowboys, so the Marshals are officially my favorite MLF team! Looking foward to seeing more.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

The Houston Bulls!

In 1965 Houston was awarded a franchise to be placed in the new American Conference of the MLF to bring the league to a total 22 teams starting in 1968.

Houston initially was going to get a team in 1964 but Portland was surprisingly awarded the franchise instead.

Commissioner Paul Morelli wanted a team in the west & Portland Energy Inc. executive George Anderson wanted a team so the deal was done,

Oil tycoon Tubby Richards who was the head of the ownership group for Houston was not happy so Morelli offered him the next franchise to smooth things over & keep him on board.

The team was set to be called the Houston Oilers but the pro baseball team changed their name to that in 1964.

Richards decided on the Bulls as a name & to make the team colors black & gold as a nod to the Oiler name he originally wanted.

Houston has had some great success over the years with hall a famer Boomer Scherer at QB in the late 70's thru the early 90's winning a couple of MLF championships.

The new millennium has not been as great with zero winning seasons.

Head Coach Jim Callahan has brought some hope with 3 straight 7-9 seasons which does not sound like much but the Richards family has given him their full support.

QB Drew Paulus was Callahans choice in 2010 to build the franchise around & he is starting to come around but needs more playmakers on the outside to go along with possesion WR's Virgil Coles & Willie Horn.

The Bulls have a nice offensive line with C Trey Benton, G's Jameer Jackson & Ben Fowler, & T Tony Starks which has paved the way for surprising 2010 5th rd draft pick RB Domanick Gordon.

The defense has struggled stopping the passing game but is excellent at stopping the run with All-Pro DT Mana Kalu.

This year they hope to get their defense solidified with number one draft pick DE Devon Johnson.

Here are their current logos & uniforms which were redesigned in 1996 C & C.

HOULogosUniformsSheets.png

I like this alot, the logos look great and the jersey striping is really creative. The only thing I would do is put the H with horns on the helmet instead of the bull horns, the H is such a solid logo and perfect for a helmet.

"Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."

Cohenj.png

Everything looks really good, except for the helmet. I like the idea of using a horn on there, but your execution for it is off. Connect it to the front of the helmet, much like the eagles do with their wings. Here is a Colorado Buffaloes throwback uniform to show what I mean.

249663c25ca6b32c943b615281794c00-getty-89185856dp004_wyoming_v_col_medium.jpg

jNTsTyQ.png

Everything looks really good, except for the helmet. I like the idea of using a horn on there, but your execution for it is off. Connect it to the front of the helmet, much like the eagles do with their wings. Here is a Colorado Buffaloes throwback uniform to show what I mean.

249663c25ca6b32c943b615281794c00-getty-89185856dp004_wyoming_v_col_medium.jpg

Yeah I had it like that initially I will change it. I was actually trying to go for the California Bulls on the old HBO series with this one.

Everybody seems to like the H logo but that was the easiest to do. I do not like it on the helmet though.

I like the bull head logo alot & is one of the best logos I have created IMO.

I would love to hear some feedback on that.

Does everyone like the custom font I came up with for the numbers?

I have updated the logo & uniform sheets to Houston above for those that did not like the cheek of the bull with no feedback I am going to assume this is better.

Up next will be the Indianapolis Racers. I have really struggled with this identity so I am really interested in what others think I should have posted sometime tomorrow.

The Indianapolis Racers!

The Racers were the second expansion team awarded to begin play in 1988 along with the Phoenix Firebirds.

Racers was the overwhelming pick from a fan ballot in 1986.

The first 15 years was a struggle with only one winning season & no playoff appearances.

After a 1-15 season in 1998 Indianapolis picked QB Trent Johnson as the #1 overall pick in what is considered the best QB draft ever.

In 2001 they drafted what many consider the best WR of all time in Derek Taylor.

In 2005 the Racers lured Al Crowell out of retirement to become head coach.

Crowell is the only coach in league history to lead multiple franchises to the Championship game.

The final piece of the puzzle was drafted in 2006 when RB Lorenzo Smith was selected in the first round.

In 2007 Indy won their first championship with a powerful offense that also included TE Wes McGhee & do it all FB Sam Strong.

The Defense is also one of the best in the league led by DE Andre Warrick, DT Anthony Harrell, LB Dexter Singleton, & CB Stanley Townsend.

The 2011 Champions are looking for one more before this team is dismantled with the 65 year old Crowell at HC, 35 year old Johnson at QB, & seven starting players facing free agency.

Here are there current uniforms C&C welcome!

INDLogoUniformsSheet.png

INDAltUniformSheet.png

Archived