Engage with SportsLogos.Net - A HowTo:

Like many others, you are probably a huge fan of the SL.N network, finding out about breaking logo, uniform, and team news, discussing with others who love the little details of design as much as you do.

A question we get a lot here is, “How can I be more a part of the network? What can I do to help?”

We love the help from fellow logo locos. One of the most powerful tools the internet has to offer is crowd sourcing. We can’t possibly be in every city, reading every paper, following every team. But we have readers in almost every city in North America. Thousands on other continents. We are lucky to have so many fans from so many places. So, how can this help?

1. Submit what you find

There is no doubt that you have heard news before anyone else on the site.  You may have also noticed an error or omission on the main site. We'd love to have you tell us about it. Send us a FB message, CCSLC Message (@CC97), Twitter, email, whatever! Email us at ccreamer@sportslogos.net.

If you hear about a press conference for a team in your area, go. If you see a blog or Twitter or FB post from your favorite team, share them with us.

2. Facebook

a. Fan

Did you know that only about 10% of CCSLC members are fans of SportsLogos.net on Facebook? Become a fan, we break stories, discuss, and show you what we are working on.

b. Share

Other folks out there feel like the only person they know who cares what alt jersey their favorite team wore last night. If you share our posts, or our page, a friend of yours may find our network of sites and really enjoy them. They will thank you.

3. Twitter

a. Follow us!

Get the first updates and links. We interact there, and share all of our top stories. See us @sportslogosnet

b. Retweet

Again, letting your friends know about our stories and sites will expand our reach and fans. Retweet anything we post that you find interesting!

4. Read all 3

We are surprised on a daily basis that some folks don't know all of the sections of SportsLogos.net We have the forums here for discussion, the News section for breaking changes and releases, and the Sports Logos page that started it all. Check them out!

Thank you for any help you feel like providing. We are always glad to hear from our fans and getting news first!

You guys are the reason we are here. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

• Like 1

Just out of curiosity, does Chris run this sportslogos.ne news or is it another board member? Not that it matters I was just curious. If it is Chris or another board member then why don't they just post the "News"?

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

I like what you've been doing with this account, posting updates to the threads when you post news, expanding the brand, etc. (But SL.N vs. CCSLC? I get it, but not sure yet.)

I think this could be the evolution away from the megathread era, at least for me. I used to come to the forums for news, but if the news gets buried after an hour in a 200-page mega thread, well, that's not useful. Example: Actual pictures of Notre Dame's awful, awful one-offs were buried by more Army helmet debate and general bickering.

Now I'm guessing if I trained myself to go to the news page first, that won't be a problem. So good luck.

As a side note, I've been waiting all baseball season for the minor league megathread to bump, if there even is one this year. Expect some Midwest League updates in your mailboxes.

There are several of us to write articles. You can see the author's name at the beginning of the article, and their brief profile at the end.

What do you mean "just post the news?"

What I meant is why does the site need to have an SL.net News* why couldn't Chris or another mod have posted this thread? I really don't care and have NO problem with the SL.net News posting I was just curious.

* Just to be clear I'm not talking about the actual site sportslogos.net/news I'm strictly talking about this poster SL.net News, especially when Chris and other Mods are active on the forums anyway.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

If we're providing suggestions, I have one: If you're going to market the news site as "news," then you need to clearly delineate between news pieces and opinion pieces.

Take, for example, this post. It's filled with personal opinions.

If it's labeled as an opinion piece, fine; there's a place for that. But if it's being labeled as "news" and presented on a "news" site, then it should just be the facts presented objectively and let the reader draw his/her own conclusion. It would be misleading to label and present as one when it's actually the other.

Speaking of contributions... I'm in the process of making mock ups of the current NZIHL jerseys as the teams have gone through a revamp for this season. I also have the logos as well. Would this be something worth putting on the website? The league has been going since 2005 and they are just finishing up their last week of regular season action and for the first time in league history they will have to wait for the final weekend of the season to see who is playing the Canterbury Red Devils in the finals.

I didn't even know SL.net had a twitter. Followed.

The Facebook 'like' actually is nice. It doesn't spam crap all over your facebook feed.

• Like 1
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My biggest suggestion would be a better way to get new logos added to this site. I've sent numerous emails over the last few years trying to get you guys to update the logos for Nicholls State University with no luck and absolutely zero response from my correspondence. Is there a better way that process can be managed? I'd love to see my alma mater rightly represented on this site with its full logo package.

gYH2mW9.png

My biggest suggestion would be a better way to get new logos added to this site. I've sent numerous emails over the last few years trying to get you guys to update the logos for Nicholls State University with no luck and absolutely zero response from my correspondence. Is there a better way that process can be managed? I'd love to see my alma mater rightly represented on this site with its full logo package.

This. There's so many logos that are outdated or missing, and so many people on here willing to help find them.

• Like 1
On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

This. There's so many logos that are outdated or missing, and so many people on here willing to help find them.

This is sorely needed. The NCAA section is really lackluster.

Tf9TG.jpg

Linking to a site that provides history team by team would help :grin::evil:

Sorry Tank, but I really doubt that CC wants to link to a site that, you know, doesn't proofread.

He used to.

He linked to wikipedia?

• Like 1

One thing I would really love for you to do is change the way the forums are titled and monitored. It makes NO sense to have a 222 page thread on ANYTHING. If someone makes a post first that has a very specific comment about one aspect pertaining to Nike NFL uniforms, every single Nike NFL post that comes next shouldn't live under that original post name because it won't make sense in most cases. There could be tons of sub contexts or events that fall under that category is way too confining and if the original name of the post is too descriptive, you could overlook it. The thread name should change to something generic like "Nike NFL 2012".

Also, can you just delete any smarmy user you makes a big deal that something was covered in a previous thread? That is the antithesis of social behavior. If you could use tags for major topics like NIKE NFL that catches it all and let the individual make posts that are more context based that live on their own, you could serve both groups rather than having these over judicious people trying to control the spontaneous conversation that you need to generate more and more conversation.