Engage with SportsLogos.Net - A HowTo:

What does "0 warning points" mean

It says under my name when I post that I have 0 warning points. Can someone please explain what a warning point is?

It's an indication of how many times you've been warned by a mod for a serious offence.

:)

• 4 weeks later...

Can I change the name of a thread that I created? And if so, how?

Yes. Edit your original post and just change the thread name under "topic title". And for future reference, something like this belongs in the Q&A thread under Forum Announcements.

It's _____________ and Toledo still sucks.

[insert time here]

I feel really slow for not figuring this out yet, but how do you change the text underneath the avatar?

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I feel really slow for not figuring this out yet, but how do you change the text underneath the avatar?

You need 500 posts first.

Really? That's kinda lame. I mean, I get it. Still.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Hello, I'm new to this forum, but already followed SportsLogos.Net since long time ago, I don't remember exactly when.
This is site is the main and the best sources to browse for sportslogos. I hope there will be continuous update for other sports beside the big 4 ini North America.

When I opened the MLS site, there is a news about the Pontiac Silverdome and the news also provided pictures of MLS brochures, there was an old MLS logo with red, white, blue, and black colours scheme. Here is the link: http://www.mlssoccer.com/sideline/news/article/2014/08/08/twenty-years-after-eric-wynalda-thrilled-world-cup-fans-detroit-silverdome-r?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=News&utm_campaign=Unpaid

I googled then and found this link: http://www.curtisau.com/Creative-MLS.html - likely a designer of the logo. There are some changes in the detail of the logo.

I think this is a good addition for MLS section.

Keep up the good work! :)

Edited by m.darmanto

• 4 weeks later...

So, I've been trying for the last few days to help update you on the big news of the CFL Edmonton Eskimos Signature Series uniform being announced, but no response using the e-mail addresses. Here's another attempt, using this thread:

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/edmonton-eskimos/Edmonton+Eskimos+signature+uniform/10167858/story.html
I expected a lot worse, but those who dislike or are confused by the EE logo will be disappointed...
Seems a slow reaction- in case Chris is busy.
cleardot.gif
The official Eskimos announcement and description. http://www.esks.com/article/surprise
cleardot.gif

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

When clicking on the hyperlinks on the "What's New on the Logo Forums," wouldn't it be better to show the most recent post and not the first page of the thread?

Granted, most of us who peruse the forums go straight to the boards.sportslogos.net website, but it'd be nice to see the newest posts first.

eMXEIDC.png

toIYnW8.png

I couldn't find any thread to mention this in, so I thought it would be best to try this one. Anyways, I know this site is always busy updating many things, all the time, however, there's one thing that hasn't been updated in four years, and it is the Special Opening Night Memorial Cup Jerseys. The newest one on the site is from 2011, when Mississauga hosted the Memorial Cup. I thought I'd mention it.

• 7 months later...
2 minutes ago, ConcreteCharlie said:

how do I go to the first unread post in a thread with this new update

It should be at the bottom under "go to topic listing". 

image.png 

"Okay, Mr. OKC, you obviously have never been to Louisville."

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've been a fan of SportsLogos for a long time...I use a lot of logos for my personal use in creating my own scorecards/roster cards (I'm a PA announcer for a D-1 university).  Has there been a recent change in the functionality of "copy and paste"?  I can't seem to simply copy and paste any more...instead I have to save as a .gif file and insert as a photo...takes more time and effort.  Is there something I'm missing?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

One recent change here I do not like is the obtrusive ads that actually cover part of the logo one is trying to get a good look at.  Despite closing those ads and repeatedly providing them feedback that they are covering content, this persists, and some ads can't even be closed.

I understand that this is how the site can pay for itself and make some money, but the ads that cover the content are really going too far.

I otherwise have enjoyed this site for a long time, and am a daily visitor.  In some cases, corrections I have suggested have gone unnoticed for years, but it *is* a large site to administer.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 2 months later...

The problem with the ads covering the logos seems to be resolved.  Thanks!

Moving on to something else:

I have seen others express frustration at trying to get new of updates to this site, and I have also been frustrated to see updates and corrections ignored here for years.  I was just looking for the appropriate place to contribute the news today that the CFL Edmonton Eskimos have taken the step (for the first time) of asking their fans in a survey what their views on the nickname are, but I couldn't find any place other than this part of the forum. http://edmontonjournal.com/sports/football/cfl/edmonton-eskimos/edmonton-eskimos-pose-question-of-name-change-in-fan-survey/wcm/08d8b090-a938-447d-9768-28a6a023f12f 

So, here is my suggestion: an official thread within the forum where news, updates, corrections, etc. can be posted by site followers, which the administrators can review and act on when and as they see fit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/28/2017 at 1:11 AM, Sports Fever said:

I've been a fan of SportsLogos for a long time...I use a lot of logos for my personal use in creating my own scorecards/roster cards (I'm a PA announcer for a D-1 university).  Has there been a recent change in the functionality of "copy and paste"?  I can't seem to simply copy and paste any more...instead I have to save as a .gif file and insert as a photo...takes more time and effort.  Is there something I'm missing?

The NCAA had rules to allow their logos on our site; we had to follow them.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram