Nashville Sounds

raysox

So I love it when teams in a city will synchronize colors(like how Pittsburgh SHOULD be all black/yellow, and Seattle SHOULD be navy/lime green). The Predators rebranded with yellow and navy, and the Sounds were a perfect team to match them

I've always wanted to do this concept because Nashville has the worst look in the PCL, in my opinion. The fist thing I did, was make an N using musical notes. The current cap logo is a music note, so I did something less abstract and made an N. From there, I did a script using a font, and then did the primary. I was going to just do "Sounds" in the font, but thought to check and see if there was an S shaped note. When you turn a G clef around, then it does make an S, so I went ahead and did that. Instead of (G clef)ounds, I put another clef on the end of the script than put more strings running under the script. That was pretty much what my sketches looked like.

Sounds.png

The jerseys are pretty simple, just some piping here. I played around with caps, and liked the two I chose. I put the 6 strings across the number, and around the socks. I couldn't not use the motif everywhere!

SoundsUnis.png

I finally can cross this off my list of logos to do, FINALLY.

I like the colors and love the uniforms.

But there are a few nitpicks I have with the logos, mostly because of the musician in me. :P

First, you have six staff lines when there should only be five.

Second, the way the two music notes that make up the N connect looks really weird to me. I think if you went with a stylized version of the double eighth note it would look a lot better.

Again, these are just small technical nitpicks.

jNTsTyQ.png

- The two S staff notes feel like a bit too much to me. I think the first S can stay the same, but the last one should be like the rest of the script.

- I agree with TtC about how the N should just be a single letter shaped music note, and not separated into two pieces.

- It might also be a good idea for the staff lines to have the same amount of space in between each other. The Sounds one should have as much gap as the Nashville one. They should be the same.

I think he intended for the lines to be guitar strings, but if there are music notes, there might as well just be a 5-line staff...

I think the lines on the numbers are a unique idea, but not represented very well. I think the numbers would look great without them, or maybe use some tweaking. Love the colors though! The primary logo reminds me of the Expos, looks awesome as well

I think he intended for the lines to be guitar strings, but if there are music notes, there might as well just be a 5-line staff...

I think the lines on the numbers are a unique idea, but not represented very well. I think the numbers would look great without them, or maybe use some tweaking. Love the colors though! The primary logo reminds me of the Expos, looks awesome as well

The Predators do lines on their numbers, too.

rATMcmK.png

Ah, thanks you guys. I'll see if I can make the beamed note work. But the reason I went with eight note is because of the current cap logo, which I linked in the first post. And then, there is 6 lines because it was suppose to be a guitar, becaause of this

guitar%20scoreboard%20-%20nashville%20sounds.jpg?pictureId=1469326&asGalleryImage=true

While the six strings work for the guitar, i would still go with 5 and make them staff lines. When you place the logos that resemble music notes on top of the lines it makes them appear as staff lines. If you still want to stick with the guitar motif, I would stay away from the putting the music note logos next to or on top of the strings.

The double eighth note as an N would work better and still tie into the homage you are trying to pay to their current logo.

jNTsTyQ.png

Try a "right-side-up" note on the left, "upside-down" on the right. Tie the ends of the stems together. Voila, a capital N. Also, make the stems of your notes thinner.

rATMcmK.png

Wow this is really nice! A rebrand would really be a good for the Sounds as the ownership is looking to build a new stadium downtown, and this could help revitalize the franchise. I also really like the idea of unifying the color schemes in Nashville.

My only real suggestion is that for the cap logo, I would definitely go by Whittier's suggestion, which is kinda how the old cap logo was executed.

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS. as a Nashvillian myself we have needed this forever. Colors are quite inconsistent. as you see below we also have a purple jersey for Thursdays. sounds.jpg

We are getting needs filled for a new ballpark now thats next in line

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

Archived