I Am Uni Tracker- The College Football Uni-Tracker NEEDS YOUR HELP - See last post

TimEOBrien

I've been uni tracking for a while now. Last year, in the wake of the release of Indiana's white helmets, I began the Hoosier Tracker. Soon thereafter, I began my collaboration over at the Basketball Uniform Database.

This year I have decided to track Northwestern's new duds and have been given the task of being the third iteration of the Duck Tracker.

The Duck Tracker brings new challenges with the position.

Obviously Oregon's many uniform combinations and frequent one-off uniforms present unique challenges in getting the most up to date documentation published as quickly as possible. With the Hoosier Tracker, once I had set it up, it basically took me five minutes to make the changes and upload the new picture. On many weeks, I had the Hoosier Tracker updated by the opening kickoff (just in time for the Irish coffee...).

This is my goal for the Ducks this year, but my muti-tracking means this might not be the case every week. But the previous three season of Duck Tracking have been excellent and popular - very popular - and the need to keep up with the precedents they set is a challenge I hope to live up to.

And this is the challenge of breaking into uni tracking: The seemingly daunting task of tracking. This is why, today, I call on anyone with some free time and the will and the tenacity to pick a college football team and track them.

It's for the greater uni-nerd good.

The task will not be as hard as it may seem, as almost anyone can do it. All you need is a .blogspot.com address and a way of tracking your team.

The great thing about tracking is that the way in which you can track a team can vary from person to person, team to team and it can also reflect something about the tracker. For my Hoosiers, last season I used a 3D template that I had created with a background that changed based on the location of every game. This put the templates I've been known for creating to good use.

But I wouldn't expect Rick Pearson, someone who did his own uniform documentation back in the '60s. to track like that. Knowing how Ricko used to track, I wouldn't want him to track like me.

And that's the point. Some people will hand draw, some might just use game photos and some might use templates like I plan on using this year for the three schools I'll be tracking. But there are such great designers and creative minds on these boards that I'm sure I'm underestimating the amazing ways people can come up with to track a team.

For anyone willing to take up my challenge, I will add a link to your website to all of my tracker sites so people can find other sites and together we can start a revolution.

Rather than taking on a whole league or a whole history, let's start small, together, and we might be able to accomplish something collectively great.

_____

EDIT: I have had FIVE people already take up my challenge:

EMU Uni Tracker

Maryland Uni Tracker

Missippi State Uni Tracker

Mizzou Uni Tracker

OSU Uni Tracker

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want someone to do Penn State or USC.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I will have the Ducks and the rest of the Pac-12 covered

EXCELLENT!

Come on people, Minnesota fans, Maryland... watchers? You're teams have a bunch of combos, start tracking them!

I'll take the Terps. This will at least bring something positive to watching my team :(

Same philosophy I have with my Hoosiers. Gives me a reason to watch for 5 minutes and before I cave and turn on the Northwestern game.

I will have the Ducks and the rest of the Pac-12 covered

EXCELLENT!

Come on people, Minnesota fans, Maryland... watchers? You're teams have a bunch of combos, start tracking them!

I'll take the Terps. This will at least bring something positive to watching my team :(

I can help as well. I have the ones graphics from last year and the thing is those are still part of the rotation just two more were added. I would take a crack at it and say the MD Pride uniforms will be worn against UConn...

Here is my edition for Maryland...

2012 UMD Uni tracker

Here's the Mississippi State Tracker-

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/

Mizzou site is up and running.

http://mizzouunitracker.blogspot.com/

How did you get the "other uni trackers" tab on there?

When you're on your site, click on the 'Design' link on the top right. Then on the left, click on 'Layout'. Wherever you want it to be on your page, click where it says 'Add A Gadget', and then from there just select 'Blog List'. You can name it whatever you want, and you just have to enter the links for the other blogs, then voila!

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Here's the Mississippi State Tracker-

http://msuunitracker.blogspot.com/

Mizzou site is up and running.

http://mizzouunitracker.blogspot.com/

How did you get the "other uni trackers" tab on there?

When you're on your site, click on the 'Design' link on the top right. Then on the left, click on 'Layout'. Wherever you want it to be on your page, click where it says 'Add A Gadget', and then from there just select 'Blog List'. You can name it whatever you want, and you just have to enter the links for the other blogs, then voila!

Thanks. I'm still working on the design a little bit.

Agreed. I'm ready to get this thing going. I know Mizzou probably won't change it up a whole lot after hearing what they plan to wear in certain games, etc., but it'll be nice to have it all in one spot to look at.

sportscarfskczps1d52136.png

Archived