NFL Fauxback Alternates- Tennessee added

MDGP

I'm gonna preface this by saying that I absolutely love the Steelers new alternate uniforms. Of course, I am also a big fan of soccer and rugby uniform aesthetic, and wish that more big 4 teams (particularly football) would utilize similar design styles. When I saw the uniforms, and thought about the uniforms the Packers, Bears, and Redskins are wearing this year, I got the idea for a throwback concept for my Patriots in a similar style to that of the Steelers. I actually made this awhile back, but I forgot about the file and just found it today, so I figured I would post it.

Here it is,

PatriotsThrowback.png

Obviously the presentation is lacking, but this is just about the design. The uniform features red and white stripes (similar to the steelers uniforms) that obviously represent the stripes on the American flag (though this has 14 stripes instead of 13) and the sleeves are meant to represent the stars on the flag. Instead of going with boxes around the numbers like the Steelers, the Patriots feature blue numbers that interrupt the stripes. The pants are a simple grey with a blue belt.

My favorite feature of the uniforms are helmets. They feature a style reminiscent of the front of Michigan's iconic design. However, that design also represents a tri-corner hat in the front, and has a similar shape as the Flying Elvis logo.

I was contemplating continuing this as a series, but I'll make that decision based on the C+C. So, have at it!

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I disagree. I think having the pants be any other color would be overkill.

Amazing design. I too wish more NFL teams would think outside the box for their alternates. To make the concept feel more soccer or rugby like, I suggest adding a team crest in the upper right of the jersey. Seems a bit empty with just the nike swoosh, but it gives you the oppurtunity to create faux back logos and crests too.

If you cant already tell, I would love to see more of these!

I love this! The helmet is simple and it works perfectly. One possibility would be to add numbers to the helmet so that it is like this helmet. Being a Michigan and Patriots fan, this helmet is basically perfect for me. The simplicity of the pants and helmet design compliments the busy jersey very well. The only thing I don't like about the jersey is the number font. It doesn't work with the jersey for me. I would love to see this as a series!

FAKE EDIT: Also, I would try to make the jersey have 13 stripes, but it doesn't need to.

Honestly, I really like this. The best part to me is the creative helmet design. It would be interesting to see what it would look like with a white helmet and white pants though.

This.

Very well done.

FAKE EDIT: Also, I would try to make the jersey have 13 stripes, but it doesn't need to.

If jerseys weren't tucked in, I'd agree with 13 stripes. But when you tuck it in, the amount of stripes actually visible would vary greatly.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

This is a great concept. I find myself wondering what it would look like with a navy blue helmet and pants. It might be "in your face", but I think it would still fit the theme and era. Maybe a navy helmet with a white hat and numbers on the side?

Great concept, looking forward to more!!

I really like this design, but I agree with a lot of the above posts, use white instead of gray. White helmets and white pants would pop, or, go for a texture on the white helmets similar to throne the redskins are using on their new alternate helmets, make it look like white leather and use a faux leather on the pants...though that might be too much,too.

My biggest suggestion is this: bigger stripes. Everybody loves Ottawa's barber poles, both new and old, and hated Montreal's. Why? The Canadiens' stripes were too thin. Make the stripes roughly twice their current size, and that would look fantastic on a football field

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Alright, thanks for the comments, everyone! After seeing the responses, I'm definitely going to make this into a series. Currently, I'm not completely sure which teams I'm going to do, or in what order. For now, I expect to do:

Dallas Cowboys

Minnesota Vikings

Seattle Seahawks

Houston Texans

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore Ravens

if you have any other suggestions, post away.

On the Patriots concept, I like several ideas, especially hockey week's idea about the faux leather on the helmet and pants, and I'm definitely gonna look into that. I'll also probably go with a white helmet, and I'll look into some different color options on the pants, maybe white or tan. I've decided that I'm going to work on other concepts and post the Patriots one later on.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

Alright, thanks for the comments, everyone! After seeing the responses, I'm definitely going to make this into a series. Currently, I'm not completely sure which teams I'm going to do, or in what order. For now, I expect to do:

Dallas Cowboys

Minnesota Vikings

Seattle Seahawks

Houston Texans

Cincinnati Bengals

Baltimore Ravens

if you have any other suggestions, post away.

On the Patriots concept, I like several ideas, especially hockey week's idea about the faux leather on the helmet and pants, and I'm definitely gonna look into that. I'll also probably go with a white helmet, and I'll look into some different color options on the pants, maybe white or tan. I've decided that I'm going to work on other concepts and post the Patriots one later on.

Houston will be the most interesting ot of all those...

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Alright, I'm back with my second installment of the series. Next up is another AFC East team, the Buffalo Bills.

These uniforms have a basis in the 1929 Buffalo Bisons uniform, which I think has an extremely cool design. Obviously, the most unique feature of these uniforms are the striping, featuring a chest stripe above the numbers, a torso stripe below the numbers, as well as sleeve stripes. Red has been removed from the Bills color scheme. Why you ask? Well, the Bills original colors were blue and silver, so I decided that in my history, the Bills wouldn't have originally worn blue, white, and red (Similar to the Packers, who wore navy and gold originally). The pants are tan, similar to a majority of other teams of the era. The helmet is brown with a matte finish to replicate a leather helmet.

ScreenShot2012-09-05at34233PM.png

C+C!

VERY interesting series. I don't know if you're looking for suggestions, but I'd love to see a Vikings uniform based on the Duluth Eskimos.

Suggestions are absolutely welcome!

However, for the most part, I don't plan to base these uniforms on the uniforms of a previous team, rather, I will act as though the current teams played back in the day. I was planning on going another direction with the Bills, but I couldn't pass up on using that striping, and I figured my original plan could work for another team. So I may use the Eskimos as part of my inspiration, but I most likely won't be directly influenced by them.

Alright, I'm back with my second installment of the series. Next up is another AFC East team, the Buffalo Bills.

These uniforms have a basis in the 1929 Buffalo Bisons uniform, which I think has an extremely cool design. Obviously, the most unique feature of these uniforms are the striping, featuring a chest stripe above the numbers, a torso stripe below the numbers, as well as sleeve stripes. Red has been removed from the Bills color scheme. Why you ask? Well, the Bills original colors were blue and silver, so I decided that in my history, the Bills wouldn't have originally worn blue, white, and red (Similar to the Packers, who wore navy and gold originally). The pants are tan, similar to a majority of other teams of the era. The helmet is brown with a matte finish to replicate a leather helmet.

ScreenShot2012-09-05at34233PM.png

C+C!

Very interesting. Would love to see this IRL.

b0b5d4f702adf623d75285ca50ee7632.jpg
Why you make fun of me? I make concept for Auburn champions and you make fun of me. I cry tears.
Chopping off the dicks of Filipino boys and embracing causes that promote bigotry =/= strong moral character.

Archived