Winnipeg Falcons CHL franchise

Patchey13

I worked on this today, it's my second ever concept on inkscape, and I am rather proud of how it came out. I decided to ditch my Red, Yellow and Black colour scheme, as I never particularly liked it, and instead pay tribute to my teams "origins" in the Atlanta Thrashers. Thought you guys might like to see my work, and tell me if I can improve it.

b87d25c8.png

Here is the original for comparison

FalconsPrimary.png

i think i like the shape and flow of the original much more than the update. not sure which colors i like more, but the original's shape just feels more natural and flowing.

i think i like the shape and flow of the original much more than the update. not sure which colors i like more, but the original's shape just feels more natural and flowing.

To be honest I thought about that while I was looking at the two. I think that when the original logo is presented on its own, you are right.However when it is on a jersey it just seems off, maybe it's because it's asymmetrical? I'll tinker around with things and see what I can come up with.

I like what you've come up with as an update to your identity, but if I could make one suggestion, it would be to make the 'shield' behind the bird a little less rounded. The two bottom sides of the shield seem to puff outwards too much, so if you could tighten them up while leaving the dimensions of the bird (especially the neck area) the same, I think it might look a bit better.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

I like what you've come up with as an update to your identity, but if I could make one suggestion, it would be to make the 'shield' behind the bird a little less rounded. The two bottom sides of the shield seem to puff outwards too much, so if you could tighten them up while leaving the dimensions of the bird (especially the neck area) the same, I think it might look a bit better.

Thanks. I've been working on an update this morning. I took a lot from what you had to say.

So I have a few options here. I made a fix to the shield, making it symmetrical and less rounded. I also included a more typical shield. I'm thinking of reducing the number of colours as well. By replacing the tan with red, it brings it more in line with the secondary logo.

12709fa3.png

Here's the Alternate logo. I'm going to be completely honest, and really toot my own horn here, but I am damn proud of this logo, and I think it has the potential to be one of the best alternate logos ever made. The thing holding it back is execution. I would really love your guys feedback on this one, because I can't quite put my finger one what I need to do to improve it.

e8e65b9f.png

Logo D is the best in my opinion. The idea of the alternate logo is very clever I just think it needs a little more work.

That's the problem. Any ideas?

The space between the wings and leaf is what bothers me. Maybe join the wings (eliminate the open space) and move the head up?

Love the updates. It's a very striking colour combo. Just from a media guide perspective, will you keep the previous uniform template?

No, I have jerseys made already, but I haven't settled on the fonts yet. I could send you the blank templates if you'd like?

Love the updates. It's a very striking colour combo. Just from a media guide perspective, will you keep the previous uniform template?

No, I have jerseys made already, but I haven't settled on the fonts yet. I could send you the blank templates if you'd like?

Arno need take your time :D

Lol, so you take the Atlanta NFL teams name and toss in the Thrashers colors?

The Winnipeg Falcons were a senior men's amateur ice hockey team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In the 1919-1920 season, the Winnipeg Falcons won the Allan Cup. That team went on to represent Canada in the 1920 Olympic games held in Antwerp, Belgium. There the Falcons, soundly beating all their opponents, won for Canada the first ever Olympic Gold Medal in ice hockey.

The Winnipeg Falcons hockey team was founded in 1911 with a roster of entirely Icelandic players who were not able to play on the other Winnipeg teams due to ethnic prejudice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Falcons

The Winnipeg Falcons identity long predate the Atlanta Falcons.

OttawaSenators.png

Lol, so you take the Atlanta NFL teams name and toss in the Thrashers colors?

The Winnipeg Falcons were a senior men's amateur ice hockey team based in Winnipeg, Manitoba. In the 1919-1920 season, the Winnipeg Falcons won the Allan Cup. That team went on to represent Canada in the 1920 Olympic games held in Antwerp, Belgium. There the Falcons, soundly beating all their opponents, won for Canada the first ever Olympic Gold Medal in ice hockey.

The Winnipeg Falcons hockey team was founded in 1911 with a roster of entirely Icelandic players who were not able to play on the other Winnipeg teams due to ethnic prejudice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winnipeg_Falcons

The Winnipeg Falcons identity long predate the Atlanta Falcons.

I know that. I am connecting the fact that the colors are the same as the Thrashers and the name of the team is 'Falcons'

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Archived