Knicks to get new uniforms

gdu

Knicks set to unveil new uniforms

Not long after the Nets showed off their new look, the Knicks are making a sartorial switch of sorts, too. Their new jerseys will be unveiled next Thursday, a club official said. Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler will model the new jerseys, though one person familiar with the situation said the change is "not major." The last time the Knicks had significant uniform alterations was 2001, when a thick bands of blue on the sides were removed. The Knicks' color scheme has been orange, blue and white -- the city's official colors -- except for 1979-83 when red was added. The change is also an attempt to sell more jerseys but their leading jersey-seller last year, Jeremy Lin, is now with the Rockets. (New York Post)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/daily-jolt/08/31/Daily-Jolt-Knicks/index.html#ixzz2589RGnpy

I hope they get rid of the black.

Not long after the Nets showed off their new look, the Knicks are making a sartorial switch of sorts, too. Their new jerseys will be unveiled next Thursday, a club official said. Amar'e Stoudemire and Tyson Chandler will model the new jerseys, though one person familiar with the situation said the change is "not major." The last time the Knicks had significant uniform alterations was 2001, when a thick bands of blue on the sides were removed. The Knicks' color scheme has been orange, blue and white -- the city's official colors -- except for 1979-83 when red was added. The change is also an attempt to sell more jerseys but their leading jersey-seller last year, Jeremy Lin, is now with the Rockets. (New York Post)

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/daily-jolt/08/31/Daily-Jolt-Knicks/index.html#ixzz2589RGnpy

Wow, really? This is literally the first time I've heard about this.... :rolleyes:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/08/22/new-york-knicks-new-uniforms-leaked/

The gray is dumb, but not nearly as obtrusive as black. Still, I have a hard time saying these are an upgrade over the previous set because of the astonishingly stupid truncated cuffs. Who the hell thought that was a good idea?

Get rid of the gray. As for the template, they it looks like they wanted to go back to the traditional jerseys, but they just couldn't go all the way. They had to make them "fresh" and "hip" by making a drastic change somewhere. Morons.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Wow, really? This is literally the first time I've heard about this.... :rolleyes:

http://news.sportslogos.net/2012/08/22/new-york-knicks-new-uniforms-leaked/

Sorry. The forums I are the only part of this forum I use. The news articles are usually several days behind the forum posts.

And they grey may look even worse then the black.

Wow, I thought the updated logo last year was terrible (hard on the eyes). These uniforms are just as bad. Kind of reminds me of Orlando's third uniform set (before the current one)...except not as clean.

These almost belong in the D-League.

The addition of black and silver back in 1992-93 was a sophisticated update for the Knicks. The NYK, the belt and piping and side panels were a terrific update. The new update seems to have taken the contrast out of the uni sets rendering them less stylish. And in the fashion capital of the US, a bad idea.

I don't think losing the black somehow makes them less stylish or somehow unworthy of Seventh Avenue.

Quite the opposite, actually. I think the redesign, including the half-striping on the sleeves, is an attempt to make them more au courant, losing the timeless elements that Knicks uniforms had before the ill-considered addition of merchandise-friendly black.

Wow. The new condensed "New York" font is bad. The addition of gray is bad. The number font is terrible (and goes away from a font the Knicks have used for a long, long time). And those faults pale in comparison to the dissapearing cuffs. What horrible uniforms. These are actually worse than last year's set. They look like Chinese knockoffs of Ewing-era jerseys.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

Archived