CS85

Basically a Sports Show

2,553 posts in this topic

This week's BASS will be delayed by a few days on account of Passover, but here's something to hold everyone over.

The 2017 Glorious Tournament of Victory Champion Mensch on the Bench, with the Sentinel Prime Memorial Region of Excellence's namesake!

7soFQFO.png

7 people like this

Dream matchup...

CNimfEg.png

This thing's great.

8 people like this

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Dream matchup...

CNimfEg.png

This thing's great.

That is f-ing awesome. 

1 person likes this

To be honest, I never knew this existed & I adore it. 

This episode is the 1st I've ever listened to & you guys sound like you're just having fun out there. I've had a love for radio/podcasts forever & have always wanted to do one in some form of capacity. Thank you for showing me it can be done & I'll be tuning in from now on. 

1 person likes this

6 hours ago, KittSmith_95 said:

To be honest, I never knew this existed & I adore it. 

This episode is the 1st I've ever listened to & you guys sound like you're just having fun out there. I've had a love for radio/podcasts forever & have always wanted to do one in some form of capacity. Thank you for showing me it can be done & I'll be tuning in from now on. 

Thanks, Kitt. Glad you enjoyed it and thanks for listening. We're into our fifth year of doing BASS. Yes, we do have fun doing the show. If you want to get caught up, you can listen to every episode of the show here - https://basicallysports.tumblr.com/  We've done around 220 shows so it might take a while. B)

Mike and I are recording a "live reactions" to the Lions new uniforms episode of BASS tonight. If you're like to participate, tweet us your reaction at @BasicallySports

Basically a Sports Show - Lions Uniform Unveiling

5AaDCbH.jpg

“Live” coverage and reactions to the Detroit Lions new uniforms.

Listen via

1 person likes this

Basically a Sports Show #358

qUwpFIO.jpg

This week on BASS: Round One of the Stanley Cup Playoffs, more on the new Detroit Lions uniforms, some classic Nike-speak, and all the usual BASS-type stuff. 

Listen via

Basically a Sports Show #359

KQxcREY.jpg

This week on BASS: Stanley Cup Playoffs - round one recap and round two analysis and predictions. 

Listen via

Re: The Matthews discussion. I agree with what you guys are saying, 100%.

Do you guys think that his unusual path to the NHL (through the Swiss league instead of the juniors {I know you guys know this, just for those who don't know}) may be the reason he is already so adept to the NHL game?

I understand that you can't discount the fact that he he's got a ton of "natural talent" (I hate using those phrases) but maybe someone of that level should be skipping the juniors to play in a lower level pro league going forward to better prep them for the NHL?

Just a topic of conversation I had with a friend recently and seeing as it was brought up on the pod I thought I'd throw it out there.

35 minutes ago, mr.negative15 said:

Re: The Matthews discussion. I agree with what you guys are saying, 100%.

Do you guys think that his unusual path to the NHL (through the Swiss league instead of the juniors {I know you guys know this, just for those who don't know}) may be the reason he is already so adept to the NHL game?

I understand that you can't discount the fact that he he's got a ton of "natural talent" (I hate using those phrases) but maybe someone of that level should be skipping the juniors to play in a lower level pro league going forward to better prep them for the NHL?

Just a topic of conversation I had with a friend recently and seeing as it was brought up on the pod I thought I'd throw it out there.

It's probably the same reason guys who come over from the KHL to play in the NHL do so well. Matthews was playing against older talent and it allowed him to grow his game. It's not just a matter of him having natural talent, it's also that he was playing against tougher competition, was training his body to play against older men & he was working with bigger ice, which allowed him to be more creative and pick up a few tricks. 

5 minutes ago, KittSmith_95 said:

It's probably the same reason guys who come over from the KHL to play in the NHL do so well. Matthews was playing against older talent and it allowed him to grow his game. It's not just a matter of him having natural talent, it's also that he was playing against tougher competition, was training his body to play against older men & he was working with bigger ice, which allowed him to be more creative and pick up a few tricks. 

Right....

Exactly what I was trying to say.