CS85

Basically a Sports Show

infrared41    3,724

Basically a Sports Show #382

hNwP0lD.jpg

This week on BASS: The LA Chargers pick up right where they left off from last season and do some serious Chargering. "Over-correction" Monday in the NFL. Is it possible to root against the Service Academy football teams? Week three in College Football and all the usual BASS-type stuff. 

Listen via

infrared41    3,724

Basically a Sports Show #383

oFMo9wu.jpg

This week on BASS: President Trump takes the National Anthem protests to a whole new level. Week three in the NFL and the teams we are bailing on, staying on, and jumping on. And all the usual BASS-type stuff.

Listen via

infrared41    3,724

Basically a Sports Show #384

7tVFmCT.jpg

This week on BASS: The Las Vegas shooting. The Rams and Bills are in 1st place, New England can't play defense, and the Jets have already won two games. Is 2017 the year of true parity in the NFL? The only certainty is that the Browns are still terrible. Our MLB Postseason preview and all the usual BASS-type stuff. 

Listen via

mr.negative15    288

Listened to so much BASS today....it was a good day. Hahah. 

Re: The MLG conversation they converted the whole building. Part is a grocery store but the white roof you may remember seeing on the fly-bys: was turned into a small arena seating about 3,000 for the Ryerson Univeraity Rams hockey teams. Greg, you’ll be glad to know that these rams wear royal blue (primarily) and yellow/gold. 

The university actually owns the building now and they have other athletic facilities in the building but I went to see WWE NXT recently in the arena and man, did It ever have a no frills, old school arena vibe. Very cool. 

As for the Stanley Cup finals; it’s the year Washington finally does it right? Lol. No. I think it’s Edmonton/Pittsburgh with the Penguins taking another cup home. 

DC7E159D-A2D6-45E4-B05E-2EC80875C4FC.jpeg

wildwing64    1,192

Interesting to hear that you basically all had the same predictions for the Stanley Cup Final.

Let's see how things turn out for the Anaheim Mighty Anaheim Ducks of Anaheim & Knuckles :P

Ice_Cap    7,794
17 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

The MLG conversation they converted the whole building. Part is a grocery store but the white roof you may remember seeing on the fly-bys: was turned into a small arena seating about 3,000 for the Ryerson Univeraity Rams hockey teams.

Oh the Rams. 

UWO all the way :P 

infrared41    3,724

Relive my exciting weekend in Cleveland on this week's episode of BASS. ;)

infrared41    3,724

Basically a Sports Show #385

ImVY2QJ.jpg

This week on BASS: After an "eventful" weekend, Greg has a new favorite Cleveland-based team. The NHL provides yet another OITGDNHL moment. The Vegas Golden Knights are off to a good start. Losses by Michigan and Oklahoma shake up the CFB Playoff race. Aaron Rodgers is pretty good. MLB Postseason talk, week Five in the NFL and all the usual BASS-type stuff.

Listen via

infrared41    3,724
5 hours ago, marble21 said:

I'm glad everything is OK after your "eventful" weekend.

Thank you, Stuart. It's most appreciated. As I've said about eleventy-billion times since Thursday, I'm just happy to be here. According to people who know an awful lot about these things, I really dodged a bullet. 

habsfan1    1,348
2 hours ago, infrared41 said:

Thank you, Stuart. It's most appreciated. As I've said about eleventy-billion times since Thursday, I'm just happy to be here. According to people who know an awful lot about these things, I really dodged a bullet. 

Yeah, I downloaded that podcast today. Did you really almost die??

I'm also happy that you're feeling much better right now.

infrared41    3,724
1 hour ago, habsfan1 said:

Yeah, I downloaded that podcast today. Did you really almost die??

I'm also happy that you're feeling much better right now.

No. When I say I "dodged a bullet" I simply mean that it could have been much, much worse - at least that's what the staffs at both hospitals told me. There were multiple steps along the way over the two days where, had I made the wrong choice, it could have been really bad. Once I finally decided to go to the hospital, I was in good hands. The amazing ER staff at my local hospital and then the amazing staff at the Cleveland Clinic were able to keep things under control. I can't say I wasn't in any danger, but for the danger I was in, I was in the best possible place and under the best possible care. What I did manage to do was beat some long odds and come out of it in really good shape. Had I followed my initial instinct and not gone to the ER? Well, it probably wouldn't have worked out quite as well as it did. Long story short, the Good Lord was watching over me. 

And thanks, I'm happy I'm feeling better too. B)

mr.negative15    288

Yeah, very glad to hear you're in good shape and that you were well taken care of!

I have to admit though, I'm very curious about this awesome cup you got now. 

infrared41    3,724
16 hours ago, mr.negative15 said:

Yeah, very glad to hear you're in good shape and that you were well taken care of!

I have to admit though, I'm very curious about this awesome cup you got now. 

The cup is nothing special. I just found it amusing that I got to keep it. It felt like a souvenir. 

NL8gVet.jpg

infrared41    3,724

Basically a Sports Show #386

PEdRYVy.jpg

This week on BASS: The Vegas Golden Knights are the gift that keeps on giving. It took a while, but Clemson finally "Clemsoned." The Nationals are a baseball version of the Capitals. What happened to the Indians? Parity in the NFL, and all the usual BASS-type stuff.  

Listen via

Cosmic    2,556

I guarantee that Chance came about because Bill Foley thinks he owns the Army, and the Knight is not something that can be lighthearted and fun like a regular mascot.