CS85

Basically a Sports Show

2,560 posts in this topic

Hmmm....I'm interested if you're still looking for people.

and i'm pretty much free every day except tuesdays and thursdays for recording if you guys want me to be a part of this.

Wow. The response to this has been way better than I expected. We may have to split into two podcasts and have a draft or something. Seriously though, maybe we can come up with some ideas for another podcast or two. We have a good bunch of "applicants" and I don't want to leave anyone out.

CS85 and I are doing a test run tonight around 7pm. PM me if you want to be a part of it.

Infrared41, StillMIGHTY, Ice Cap and I all did a test run on a show and it ended up being about 90 minutes. It was an absolute blast! Recording turned out fantastic, I'm going to do some basic editing and production stuff and post the highlights for those want to listen.

Everything went really well. I'm excited to go forward with this.

Infrared41, StillMIGHTY, Ice Cap and I all did a test run on a show and it ended up being about 90 minutes. It was an absolute blast! Recording turned out fantastic, I'm going to do some basic editing and production stuff and post the highlights for those want to listen.

It really was a great time. I was floored when you said we'd been going for 90 minutes. It didn't seem that long at all. For four guys who had literally never talked to each other before tonight, the chemistry and pacing was pretty damned impressive. Our "test run" was better than most of the :censored: that passes for sports radio these days. And we weren't even trying to do a show tonight. And kudos to Ice_Cap. You'd never guess that he was the only guy on the show who doesn't have a radio background. Dude sounded like he'd been doing this stuff forever. Excellent work, guys.

It really was a great time. I was floored when you said we'd been going for 90 minutes. It didn't seem that long at all. For four guys who had literally never talked to each other before tonight, the chemistry and pacing was pretty damned impressive. Our "test run" was better than most of the :censored: that passes for sports radio these days. And we weren't even trying to do a show tonight. And kudos to Ice_Cap. You'd never guess that he was the only guy on the show who doesn't have a radio background. Dude sounded like he'd been doing this stuff forever. Excellent work, guys.

Agreed, cheers all around! StillMIGHTY, had some questions about your mic. You came in kind of quiet/muffled, I can't put my finger on why it was doing that.

Agreed, cheers all around! StillMIGHTY, had some questions about your mic. You came in kind of quiet/muffled, I can't put my finger on why it was doing that.

Hmm. I know what probably caused it. I'll work on that before next time.

Hmm. I know what probably caused it. I'll work on that before next time.

Excellent!

Also we need to come up with a name for this thing.

I'm at work so I had to use Audacity to chunk together a 15 minute handful of clips here from the 90 minute show where we all got particularly goofy.

NSFW for some language

Stream at Soundcloud

Download WAV

Just listened to that 15-minute test clip. That was really good and enjoyable to listen to.

Just listened to that 15-minute test clip. That was really good and enjoyable to listen to.

Awesome! Glad you enjoyed it.

The next show will be a bit more formally done with introductions and stuff like that.

For lack of a more efficient way to put names with voices:

00:00 - Ice_Cap

00:47 - CS85

1:12 - Still MIGHTY

2:02 - Infrared 41

Much appreciated 'red, it was pretty easy to get into the swing of things, considering the great group of guys we had.

Awesome job guys, you were very entertaining! I can't wait for the next episode.

Also, Ice_Cap: You did awesome for a first timer!

I too thought Ice Cap was stellar. After the show was over I told everybody that I too was thrilled with what we each brought to the table. Next show will be a lot of fun to record, that's for sure. Now we just need a name.

I too thought Ice Cap was stellar. After the show was over I told everybody that I too was thrilled with what we each brought to the table. Next show will be a lot of fun to record, that's for sure. Now we just need a name.

We do indeed.

How about it CCSLCers? The show seems to be headed in a "it's about sports in general with an emphasis on media but it might go in anywhere and there isn't anything that's off-limits" direction. That about covers it. So let's hear some suggestions for a name. B)

CCSLCers works. Or how about something that references the "sports in general" subforum? I donno, just throwing ideas out there.

CCSLCers alone I think would be a bit of a misnomer since the LogoCast is cut from the same cloth but more oriented to the CCSLC's primary subject matter.

I was thinking something like "Basically a Sports Show" or "In General, Sports - a CCSLC Podcast." Something along those lines, where we can reference the forum that brought the show together but make it evident that sports logos is not quite what drives the content.

To have it kind of mesh into the fabric of the board, I was thinking we could do "The Lounge Report" which serves as basically a lighthearted segment towards the tail end of the show where one of us suggests "What Grinds Your Gears/Hard to Believe/Etc." and we each supply a unique answer.

Thoughts?

CCSLCers alone I think would be a bit of a misnomer since the LogoCast is cut from the same cloth but more oriented to the CCSLC's primary subject matter.

I was thinking something like "Basically a Sports Show" or "In General, Sports - a CCSLC Podcast." Something along those lines, where we can reference the forum that brought the show together but make it evident that sports logos is not quite what drives the content.

To have it kind of mesh into the fabric of the board, I was thinking we could do "The Lounge Report" which serves as basically a lighthearted segment towards the tail end of the show where one of us suggests "What Grinds Your Gears/Hard to Believe/Etc." and we each supply a unique answer.

Thoughts?

"CCSLCers" wasn't a name suggestion. I was asking the members of the community for name suggestions. B)

Anyway, I'm trying to come up with a take off of the Algonquin Roundtable. I think it would be kinda funny.

And I like all of those ideas, CS.

Haha, oh my bad. I was half-awake when I typed that.

As far as putting together a tumblr goes, I was thinking we could have a communal tumblr/twitter we could each get the login info for.